Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest! Welcome to our forums!. We are glad you joined us. If you aren't a member already, please Sign Up! Today!

Hucc R.I.P.

Discussion in 'Community Message Board' started by ShipMaven, May 30, 2008.

1. Hooked

Hooked Guest

Re: For Hucc & Koolaid - Doves at sunset (Sunday)

:thumb

2. Donna - dsw

Donna - dsw Guest

Re: Hucc's Arrangements

I am sure Koolaid realizes that most of us have no way of making it. I hope he knows we are all thining of them though.

3. Very very sad news and so young! My thoughts are with his family.

4. Karry

Karry Guest

Very nice MaryAnn. I hope this isn't inappropriate, but there is a song I just love. It is a "golden oldie" and the words aren't as good unless they are sung. But I wanted to send this also as a tribute to Hucc. Knowing he is in his "summer place" now, in the arms of his :angel's
    There's a summer place
    Where it may rain or storm
    Yet I'm safe and warm
    For within that summer place
    Your arms reach out to me
    And my heart is free from all care
    For it knows

There are no gloomy skies
    When seen through the eyes
    Of those who are blessed with love

And the sweet secret of
    A summer place
    Is that it's anywhere
    When two people share
    All their hopes
    All their dreams
    All their love

There's a summer place
    Where it may rain or storm
    Yet I'm safe and warm
    In your arms, in your arms

5. L8inAZ

L8inAZ Guest

Thank you Mary Ann, That was wonderful.

6. L8inAZ

L8inAZ Guest

Wish I could attend, But I will be thinking of Hucc, Koolaid and Oliver. Thanks for keeping us informed Mary Ann.

7. gottacruz

gottacruz Guest

Yes,
    that is wonderful.

8. audrey

audrey Guest

thanks for the infornation Mary Ann

9. Lisa63

Lisa63 Guest

Thank you, Mary Ann, for a song that is a beautiful tribute to a beautiful couple. The photo is wonderful...and I just want to embrace the little one.

I join you all in a toast to two of my favorite people.

Lisa63

10. GloBug

GloBug Guest

11. BostonsJ

BostonsJ Guest

:)-D To Hucc. May the doves of peace carry your soul to the heavens. And to Koolaid and Oliver hugs and prayers.

12. Brian J

Brian J Guest

Rest In Peace!! I never met him but it was always nice to interact with him here on the boards!! Prayers are with the family!

13. Brian J

Brian J Guest

Re: A Toast at Sunset

To Hucc!!!!!!!!

14. BostonsJ

BostonsJ Guest

I too feel badly that I am so far away and can't attend. I will spend that time in the Chapel at work and say my prayers for Hucc. sigghhhhh.

15. Lisa63

Lisa63 Guest

Thank you all again. Please know that Hucc's family appreciates your heartfelt thoughts.

The cruise-addicts card we talked of earlier this week is currently with the printer to be turned into a poster that will be displayed at the service. The list of names -- 111 in all -- includes all those who responded to this thread, the previous two update threads, and Saturday night's toast, as of 4:00 EDT today (Sunday). Please be assured that I will personally provide Koolaid with the names of Members who responded after this time.

Again, your words are very comforting.

Lisa63

16. ShipMaven

ShipMaven Guest

Lisa has been informed of all those who replied to me by PM or e-mail, so the names of those who responded after today's deadline will be conveyed to Koolaid as well.

Thank you to all.

Mary Ann

17. Lisa63

Lisa63 Guest

Thank you all again. Please know that Hucc's family appreciates your heartfelt thoughts.

The cruise-addicts card we talked of earlier this week is currently with the printer to be turned into a poster that will be displayed at the service. The list of names -- now up to 111 in all -- includes all those who responded to this thread, the previous two update threads, and Saturday night's toast, as of 4:00 EDT today (Sunday). Please be assured that I will personally provide Koolaid with the names of Members who respond after this time. (Suez and seamom, no worries -- you are both on the list as you had added your thoughts onto the other threads I referenced.)

Again, your words are very comforting.

Lisa63

18. ShipMaven

ShipMaven Guest

Thank you all, and thank you, Glo. For some reason, I cannot get YouTube to embed. Nilla Pizzi, heard in the piece Glo posted, has the most famous recording. Claudio Villa, whose link I posted, was also a very popular singer of that era. Vola Colomba has been one of my most cherished songs - and memories - since I first heard it years ago...and I find it a fitting tribute to Hucc and Koolaid.

Mary Ann

19. Lisa63

Lisa63 Guest

Thank you for adding that, Mary Ann. Yes, those names were added, as well. Thank you for forwarding them.

Lisa63

20. Lisa63

Lisa63 Guest

Mary Ann, pardon me as I take this thread in a different direction for a minute, but I'm curious... in what venue(s) on RMS Queen Elizabeth did you perform this song? I would like to visualize it.

Lisa63