• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Hucc R.I.P.

M

Mbandy

Re: Lessons I've learned from my friend Hucc

Really touching MARIPOSA . I don't think there are many out there who have not lost a loved one to cancer. Those words are very encouraging.

G

GloBug

Mari, I'm sitting here crying. Your words are so heartfelt, they are so amazing, they are guidelines for life, whether we are members of the Club or not.

Having lost a very close friend last August to the lung cancer fight.. well, you knew Jan, and even touched her in ways she needed. Now Hucc... I have another friend, Angela, who is fighting the big fight here. Angela is only 42, she has a 6 yr old daughter, but she has brain cancer. Now her bones are dying. Her teeth are crumbling, and she needs a hip replacement, but the doctors are thinking WHY SUBJECT HER TO SOMETHING THAT PROBABLY WON'T TAKE? Prayers for her, please.

And again, thank you for teaching us how to love those in the fight.

L

Lisa63

This shouldn't come as a surprise, yet Hucc is even connecting with people he never communicated with directly. I'll explain...

A couple of weeks ago at work, a young co-worker asked me what I had planned for Memorial Day weekend. I told her I was visiting a close friend in hospice, and gave her a little bit of background on Hucc. When I returned on Tuesday, she asked how the visit had gone. Last Friday, she asked about him, and I told her I was planning to visit again. Well, we all know what happened a few hours later.

When I got to work today, I entered a day off for Wednesday into our company master calendar. I hadn't seen this co-worker yet, and was hoping to catch her before she saw the entry. I finally saw her about an hour later... I walked by her desk to give her the news, and she immediately reached for an envelope. Soon after she had seen my entry, she figured out what had happened, and had left the office to buy a condolence card.

Inside, she wrote, "I am so sorry to hear of the passing of your dear friend. The way you spoke of him, he sounds like an amazing person."

Yes he is, I said. Yes he is.

Lisa63

C

Calgon1

A couple years ago, Hucc sent me some PMs that helped me get through my (successful) fight against prostrate cancer. I will always treasure his insight and encouragement.

K

korinalacount

You girl are also a gift from God,Hucc was a great man and he shared so much with others,your tribute was moving and touching,thanks for the beautiful words,it again reminded me of all the wonderful things I have!

M

MARIPOSA

Re: A Toast at Sunset

Hey Hucc, one toast just isn't going to be enough for me! How about a pitcher since you aren't on any meds now. LOL
Goodnight my angel :angel

Hugs Mari

D

Dwayne

My heart felt condolences go out to the friends and family of Hucc.

He has touched my life from just reading these posts.

I am a friend of Lisa's and wanted to post a note here in support of those that lost a dear friend.

Dwayne

R

rhen33

Sail on dearest Hucc.
There will not be a time I come to this board and not think of you.
Bless this family.

S

ShipMaven

My heart and thoughts are in Massachusetts today as Hucc's wake will be held from 4:00 to 8:00pm local time. :angel

God rest him.

Mary Ann

B

bostongal

My thoughts and prayers are with Koolaid and Oliver (along with all of Hucc's family) during the wake today. I hope that they are comforted and supported with all our love during this time.

Lisa - What a nice thing for your friend to do! Please take my thoughts and prayers with you tomorrow. =hug

Meg

C

Cyndi

How very sad, I send my deepest sympathy, to his family. I didn't know him, except on the board,,, I really enjoyed reading his posts, and was very sad when he got sick. Beryl, said it all, and so well.
Cyndi

S

ShipMaven

Re: A Toast at Sunset

A most appropriate toast, in which I join you, as today was Hucc's wake.

Here's to you, Hucc. Godspeed on your eternal cruise!

Mary Ann

S

ShipMaven

On behalf of Hucc's family, Lisa63 and I thank all of you for your public expressions of sympathy.

Mary Ann

N

nieciez

Mary Ann, We need to thank you and Lisa for keeping us informed. Hucc as a member of our community family and we all feel his loss. I am so glad that Lisa will be able to represent us and all the work she and you have done with this memorial.

B

belgique

I remember Mariposa's struggles, the updates, always with humor, the triumphs.

I wanted the same outcome for Hucc and thought it would happen.

We are all so very sad now. Thank you, Mariposa, for that wonderful tribute, information, and heartfelt words to and for all of us.

K

Kathyh1313

My condolences to Koolaid, Oliver, all of Hucc's family and friends. Although I never had the good fortune of meeting Hucc in person, I felt I knew him from his posting of his life's experiences here on Cruise Addicts.

Rest in peace.

Kathy