hurricane isador damage? PRIDE cruise 9-28

S

SDB

I'm a little worried over Isador. She should be gone by sat. but does anyone know if damage was done to Cozumel, Progresso or Belize City.

How should this effect my excusions (planning mostly water based stuff...snorkeling cave tubing etc...)

Thanks Shannon

J

JohnG

I heard this morning on CNN, about noon, that the storm had hit the Progresso and Merida area hard. Light poles down, palm trees shredded. Communications out so they don't know about casualties. It has lingered over land to make it worse for them. By Thurs mid Gulf then headed to Tex/LA border by Friday 9/27

J

JohnG

<http://www.nola.com/newsflash/weather/index.ssf?/cgi-free/getstory_ssf.cgi?a0590_BC_HurricaneIsidore&&news&hurricane2>

R

Raven

I would doubt that Cozumel or Belize City would be any problem - possibly a problem if the river level has gone skyhigh for the tube rafting but by 9/28 or later I'd think that should be okay again. I would think it highly likely that your cruise will not even stop in Progreso. There haven't been many news reports out of there - usually not a good sign after such a storm. Just my opinion and best guesses. I'd think that you still will have a great time! :)