Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest! Welcome to our forums!. We are glad you joined us. If you aren't a member already, please Sign Up! Today!

I didn't think it was going to be a Merry Christmas

Discussion in 'The Safe Harbor' started by shadoesmom, Dec 22, 2008.

1. shadoesmom

shadoesmom Guest

Last Thursday I got home from work, plopped down on the sofa and turned on the DVR. It was Y & R time. :) My cell phone rang. It was DS saying meet me at mom's, something's wrong. Grabbed DH - he was home that day and off we went.

She had another stroke. Rescue took her to the hospital and we followed. ICU till Friday evening, the a med/surg bed. She was released today to a re-hab for a week or so. She's doing extremely well. Occupational therapist said "What are you doing here?" She had a seizure in the ER. As far as we know she has never had one before so the Dr wants her watched for a little bit and to make sure she is strong enough to be alone. She'll soon be 86.

She gets to come to Christmas dinner with us at my DS's house and maybe home by New Year's. :)

2. debowah

debowah Guest

Wow!! That is quite a tale. Hope the seizure is isolated and without cause and that she continues to make improvement. Enjoy your Christmas dinner together as a family. :angel

3. popcorn

popcorn Guest

Hope you get some answers to why. And having had one myself, try to have as normal a Christmas as you can.

Liz

4. Beryl

Beryl Guest

Tina...praying for a good recovery for your Mom and a very happy Christmas for all of you!

5. reggae

reggae Guest

Hope your dear Mom continues to get better, and you all have a good Christmas..

Please give your Mom a big hug for me :) God bless...

6. JANPEP

JANPEP Guest

Prayers & good thoughts go out to you & your mom that she continues to recover & returns home soon.

7. NiteStar

NiteStar Guest

Prayers to you, your mom and the rest of the family. I hope your mother recovers quickly and is back home for the new year!

8. GloBug

GloBug Guest

Prayers that your mom continues to improve and all is well.

9. Cruise cutie

Cruise cutie Guest

=hug and prayers from us.. she gets better each day..:)..one day at a time..:daisy..Joanne

10. H2O babe

H2O babe Guest

I'm kind of late responding to your original post but I do hope Mom is doing much better and on the mend.

K.