Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest! Welcome to our forums!. We are glad you joined us. If you aren't a member already, please Sign Up! Today!

I finally got my wish

Discussion in 'Community Message Board' started by MARIPOSA, Sep 19, 2007.

1. MARIPOSA

MARIPOSA Guest

since I began working at the drug store in July I have only had a couple days off because I either work there or at a group home every single day or evening. This afternoon I turned off my phone to take my nap before my 8-midnight shift and just now found a message from my supervisor. The power is off at the store, don't bother coming in.
    YIPPEE Now I could take another nap, but I'm already wide awake. :cool:

Oh wait,DARN, that means less $ in the next pay check. Oh well!
    Guess I'll just have to make the most of my surprise vacation without pay.

HMM, will I play around on the board, catch up on my emails, clean something, watch TV, read, cook something yummy, do my ironing?
    Soooo many choices. =?

What would you do if no one knew that you had the evening free? no one to answer to, no obligations, just time to do as you please ~~~
    I know, think I'll have myself a wine cooler to begin with. LOL (tu)

Hugs, Mari

2. reggae

reggae Guest

Hey girl, you deserve a break. Put your feet up and enjoy that wine cooler. close your eyes and picture yourself on a lounge chair on a beautiful cruise ship. snap you fingers and tell the dog to bring you some h'dourves.

3. herb

herb Guest

If I had off and no one I knew knew I had off I'd probably do something that only I would enjoy and no one I knew would want to do

:dizzy ... that sounds like Sally sells sea shells ... :lol

4. BostonsJ

BostonsJ Guest

Congratulations Mariposa. The exact opposite happened to me today.

Now I was supposed to have today off because I worked on Sunday. My boss called me this morning at 8:30am. Well I have scheduled a very important meeting at noon she said, lunch will be provided can you possibly come in. So now I will have about 6 hours of overtime this week. :lol

Mariposa I would soak my feet, while playing on the computer and then repaint my toe nails. Instead I'm doing the laundry that didn't get done Sunday or today :lol :lol :lol

5. MARIPOSA

MARIPOSA Guest

Anybody have a spare dog that they could loan me for the evening? LOL
    :)P) Mari

6. elliottsmama

elliottsmama Guest

A glass of wine and a good cry where neither of my boys could see....but I would much rather have them here asking me to do a 100 things I don't want to do. Enjoy your evening girlfriend. And thank you so very much for that very sweet card for Elliott and the treat inside for me.
    Love Ya

7. Cricket

Cricket Guest

Cheers to you mariposa!!

8. gottacruz

gottacruz Guest

put your feet up and have that cooler.
    gottacruz

9. Enjoy, Enjoy! :)

10. Sailing_gal

Sailing_gal Guest

:cool: Have a long relaxing bath after chilling the wine cooler, then put on
    a long flowing robe (or PJs), a dab of your favorite perfume. Then get
    on the lounge and lie back and imagine that it is the Aft Deck of your
    favorite ship. Maybe a little soft music & lights AND then maybe just falling straight to sleep and having a good rest!
    Whatever the choice ENJOY.

11. sail7seas

sail7seas Guest

Mari....... Hope you enjoy your unexpected free time. Goodness knows you deserve it! :)

12. nieciez

nieciez Guest

NOw that was a nice unexpected surprise....I hope you got a good rest.