Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest! Welcome to our forums!. We are glad you joined us. If you aren't a member already, please Sign Up! Today!

I lost my Mom this morning.

Discussion in 'Community Message Board' started by r8derfan, Apr 28, 2008.

1. Karry

Karry Guest

Deepest sympathy to you and your family. :angel

2. NiteStar

NiteStar Guest

Oh R8derfan.........I'm so, so sorry to hear this. Please accept my most sincere sympathies and condolences. I never know what to say at a time like this, but know my prayers are with you and your family.

3. Whimsy

Whimsy Guest

I'm so sorry for your loss. Having lost my parents I know how hard this is. You have my deepest sympathy.

4. maw

maw Guest

Please accept our sympathy.

5. reggae

reggae Guest

So sorry, R8derfan....prayers for you and all of your family at this sad time. God bless...

6. conniecat

conniecat Guest

So sorry to hear this. I am glad you got a chance to say goodbye. Hugs, cc

7. earl_m

earl_m Guest

My condolences to you and your family.

8. Tobyn

Tobyn Guest

Our deepest sympathy to you and your family . . . .

9. Calgon1

Calgon1 Guest

Please accept our feeble words of comfort during this terrible time. The loss of a loved one, even though expected, is never easy. And, it it good that it is so difficult, as the greater the pain, the greater the impact they made on your life. God Bless your mother, you, and your family.

10. jk

jk Guest

I am sorry for your loss. My condolences to you and your family.

11. L8inAZ

L8inAZ Guest

So sorry for your loss, Will keep you in my prayers.

12. MARIPOSA

MARIPOSA Guest

r8derfan, Just reading your message made my heart ache for you. I just went through this last month with my Mom. I wasn't lucky enough to get to say goodbye though. Mom got her greatest wish, to remain independently in her own home until the end. She only suffered for a few hours after her heart attack. I pray that God will give you the comfort and strength that you need to face the days ahead and that you draw closer to your family during this stressful time of grieving. It's soo hard to make good decisions when all you want to do is curl up under the covers like a child and cry yourself to sleep. I still have that strong urge to pick up the phone and call her every day and tell her what her kids are doing to settle her estate and to ask her advice on what she wants done with certain items. She would be proud of all of us that there has been absolutely no bickering and how close we have all become. But I'm sure she knows.

I've been to San Diego twice now since her death. I think the drive up 101 was good medicine for my soul and gave me a chance to relax before I headed back here to face the real world again. r8derfan, I live in San Jose. pls PM me if you end up driving down there for a few days and want some company. There is still so much left to do at her house. In fact, I can let you know the next time I head back down there myself if you want to ride along.

Hugs, Mariposa

13. Donna - dsw

Donna - dsw Guest

So sorry for your loss.

May you and your family find the peace and comfort you need at this time.

14. marleejean

marleejean Guest

Sending huge hugs and condolances your way.......may your Mom rest in peace.

15. Wuollebear

Wuollebear Guest

You will be in my prayers, peace be with you and your family.

16. The Cruiser

The Cruiser Guest

Sorry on the loss of your mom.

17. Corky

Corky Guest

I am so sorry for your loss. May your memories soon bring you Peace. =hug

18. Beryl

Beryl Guest

I am so sorry to read of your loss. When my Dad passed away a very dear friend sent me this poem. I found so much comfort in it that I have shared it with many others. I still find comfort in it and I hope that you and your family will take some comfort from it too. Please accept my deepest sympathy and sincere condolences on your tremendous loss.

And That is Dying

I am standing upon the seashore. A ship, at my side,
    spreads her white sails to the moving breeze and starts
    for the blue ocean. She is an object of beauty and strength.
    I stand and watch her until, at length, she hangs like a speck
    of white cloud just where the sea and sky come to mingle with each other.

Then, someone at my side says, "There, she is gone."

Gone where?

Gone from my sight. That is all. She is just as large in mast,
    hull and spar as she was when she left my side.
    And, she is just as able to bear her load of living freight to her destined port.

Her diminished size is in me -- not in her.
    And, just at the moment when someone says, "There, she is gone,"
    there are other eyes watching her coming, and other voices
    ready to take up the glad shout, "Here she comes!"

And that is dying...

19. Colo Cruiser

Colo Cruiser Guest

So sorry for your loss.

20. seamom

seamom Guest

So very sorry to hear your sad news. My your memories be comforting ones.