Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest! Welcome to our forums!. We are glad you joined us. If you aren't a member already, please Sign Up! Today!

I tried the kelly method BUT

Discussion in 'Carnival Cruise Lines' started by MissVicki, Oct 2, 2004.

1. MissVicki

MissVicki Guest

I tried the Kelly method and had no luck I am going on Miracle nov 12th I booked almost a year in advance and have a gaurenteed 8b i went thru all those cabins on up to 8h no luck I can't imagine we would have gone clear up to a suite on a sold out ship but on a couple of those cabins it said carnival.Dataaccess.odbcexception . Perhaps the method does not work all the time.
    Any input?
    Thanks

2. serene56

serene56 Guest

sorry to hear you didnt have any luck. did you try the modify booking? or did you book as a group? if you did not book as a group go to the carnival web page and register your cruise. Its on the top right hand corner. put in your information. Email me at serene56@aol.com

how many people in your cabin?? thats the cabins that you should be plugging- not allof them (saves time.

3. MissVicki

MissVicki Guest

Hello,
    We are only two traveling ( no group) and we have filled out our fun pass so I hope that's what you mean by register. We are guaranteed an at least 8B . I don't know which rooms to look at I just started punching in anything 8B and up. Is there a easier way? I tried to modify but no luck. I appreciate the help
    Miss Vicki

4. serene56

serene56 Guest

Imnot talking about the fun pass- on carnival web page go into the profile. top right hand corner and register your cruise. after you register your cruise when you go to the home page it should list your cruise on the left hand corner. it tells you where you are going and how many days....

as far as plugging in numbers on plug in cabins that hold 2 people. any room from the upper deck up.

5. Kim1319

Kim1319 Guest

Yep, I'm getting that too now. Not just when I enter my cabin number, but when I enter any cabin number. carnival.Dataaccess.odbcexception hum =cry

6. prettygigi

prettygigi Guest

Why don't you try calling Carnival? You lose nothing by trying.

7. Kim1319

Kim1319 Guest

Kelly Method is working again :thumb :) and it still shows the same cabins for us :)

3 Weeks from today! whoooo hoooo :dance

8. serene56

serene56 Guest

Kim: Did you get your documents yet? Im curious to your upgrade.

9. Kim1319

Kim1319 Guest

Yeah Serene, we got em. But I haven't seen them yet, cause they were sent to my aunt's house. But hopefully she will be bringing them over next weekend when her and the rest of the party comes to fill out our fun passes! :grin But according to Kelly, we have a Cat. 6D :) And next weekend, or whenever I see our documents I'll check those letters and numbers after our booking number to see if it matches our cabin. Right?? thats how to do it too?? Kelly shows our cabins to be E26 and E22. I wish I could do that BookModify method but there just isn't a way for me to do it. Even being registered at the carnival site. But oh well, I guess.

(*)Kim(*)

10. serene56

serene56 Guest

Kim: Sounds like you booked as a group and thats why you can use the modify pages.
    Wont be long now-- dont forget to let me know. Sensation is my favorite cruise to date and I also want to hear about it when you get back

11. Kim1319

Kim1319 Guest

Serene,
    We only have 5 people going. 3 in one cabin and 2 in the other? I thought the group bookings were with like alot more people? Maybe I'm wrong. But maybe its cause we didn't book directly through carnival? And yeah I will sure tell ya all about it when I get back, and have pictures to show! Hopefully going to get a new digital camera this thursday! :thumb

12. serene56

serene56 Guest

Kim: do you have the link for the modify booking? I cant find it and my computer crashed while I was away

13. Kim1319

Kim1319 Guest

14. serene56

serene56 Guest

modifybooking./something something something

15. Kim1319

Kim1319 Guest

16. serene56

serene56 Guest

thats it...thanks a bunch

17. edangel

edangel Guest

When I try to use Bookmodify, I just get an error message. It used to work for me, a few months ago, when there was no chance of a cabin assignment. Now that we are getting closer to sail date (Jan 15) I can't get in. Sigh!
    Oh well, I don't know why I care so much! It's not like I can change the room # or something! We're so silly!

18. serene56

serene56 Guest

Seems you cant access that page from the carnival site. Use this one to see if you can get in.
    www.carnival.com click on your reservation put in your password then minimize the screen. You should be back here at this screen. click on this link www.carnival.com/bookmodify.aspx
    you should see it now. January cruise is still too far out to see your assignment. You wont see anything until 7 weeks before.. Let me know if it worked.

19. Kim1319

Kim1319 Guest

And I think you had to of booked directly through carnival not a TA, in order for this method to work. I said I THINK!!! LOL

20. serene56

serene56 Guest

No Kim--you can book with anyone for it to work- Last cruise I took was last weekend and i booked using an online agency- that was how I found it...the agent told me all about it.. Thats how i come to know how it is working.

Its thursday--did you get a new digital camera yet?