Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest! Welcome to our forums!. We are glad you joined us. If you aren't a member already, please Sign Up! Today!

If American Express won't ship Gift cards to Hawaii, do merchants in Hawaii except them?

Discussion in 'Community Message Board' started by r8derfan, Sep 18, 2007.

1. r8derfan

r8derfan Guest

I was going to purchase an American Express Gift card to use in Maui. An I noticed on their website they say one of the states they won't ship it to is Hawaii. Hmm.

2. ShipMaven

ShipMaven Guest

Why not call Amex and ask? I use Amex just about everywhere I travel, including Hawai'i, but I'm referring to the card itself.

3. iluvcruzin

iluvcruzin Guest

You might want to do a search on the American Express Gift cards. There are some complaints on their use. Here's something that may have you think twice - comes from the Amex site:

Let us know as soon as possible about a lost or stolen Card by calling 1-877-AXP-GIFT. Funds used before we receive notification cannot be replaced

So if someone steals it and uses it right away.. there goes your $.

AAA sells the Visa Gift card. There are all sorts of rules on this card too. For example, you can't use it in a ATM or they charge a fee if you need cash. You can't use it for gas unless you have at least $51 balance.

Read all the fine print before you decide.

4. Sailing_gal

Sailing_gal Guest

:help Not quite on the topic. But are there problems with Visa Gift debit
    cards? :girly

5. r8derfan

r8derfan Guest

I'm not sure but I think there is a $2+ monthly fee for the Visa gift card. So if you don't use it in a timely matter you'll get charged.