:( I'm a Little Frustrated w/ the Photo Gallery

Charles

Captain Weather
Whomever can help I'd appreciate it.

I'm a little frustrated with the Photo Gallery. I'm trying to find pictures of the duck cruise. I search for duck cruise and I get 2 pictures. I search for Jill B and I get her CP info. I can't find out how to get a thumbnail of each person's upload as we used to have. And I can't figure out how to get a slide show of peoples galleries.

If I remember correctly, in the old system the most recent uploads were listed on the mail photo gallery page. If I clicked on an image, it would give me a thumbnail of each picture in that gallery. I can't figure out how to do this in the new system.

And I can't find directions anywhere either.

The Photo Gallery gets a giant thumb's down from me.

C

:(

BSeabob

Forum Manager
Staff member
go to gallery
got to members gallery
click on member you are looking for

Easy peasy as Denise would say. at least so far I think so

connie seabee

Community Sponsor
I went to members photos, but all I can get is two photos. I know that there is some simple solution to viewing all the photos.

Karry

I'm having the same problems and I was also wondering about the slide shows. Jill B's are the only ones I have seen so far and like twinkles, it took me forever to click thru each picture. To see the full picture, you had to scroll down a bit, then up again to click on the next picture. :shrug:

BSeabob

Forum Manager
Staff member
Go to

Gallery

Members Galleries

Members Gallery you want to see

There is a tool bar of sorts. across middle:
Pick the number of thumbs you want to see from first pull down

Next pull down is "Category Tools"
Click on Slide show

works for me anyhow hope that helps

Einstein

Sounds like there is a line forming here. :hammer: I think we are ALL going thru the learning process and none of US like it unfortunately. :bawl: I have been fooling around with it for the past few nights and have pulled out a few hairs while learning a few things. One thing learned is it seems to link ALL photos and albums to the specific forum members who created and uploaded the photos in the gallery. It also seems to have themes set up for certain types of photos to be entered into.

My best advise at present time would be to search the member names for those that U know went on the Duck cruise and check out their photos. The other option is to put Duck in the search and it will bring up ALL the photos with Duck either in the Title or the Description. Of coyurse this once again does require that any uploaded photos be titled with descriptions added for the search feature to work properly.

One of my personal BEEFS with regards to photos and photo galleries is tied to the identification of photos. I love perusing thru galleries but in honesty will skip by those that have titles associated from the camera file only (d102347 etc) instead of an actual ID such as Magens Bay or Long Beach Cove. Capturing a photo is unfortunately only half the job when it comes to the hobby of photography IMO.

The opening of the NEW gallery is and attempt to simplify things with regards to the uploading of photos and easing of other functions within the photo gallery. Is it a perfect fix and the right fix??? I guess that it is sort of like the glass id Half Full and Half empty Theory. :bbat:

I personally like many others liked the OLD Photo gallery and its MANY neat features but then again I have been called a Geekie person more than my fair share of times. On the other hand there were also a LOT of folks that did NOT like the OLD gallery because of its complex nature.

I believe I can fairly state that there is NO perfect fit that will resemble a Photo Bucket or SnapFish type gallery as they are TOTALLY dedicated to that type of operations where as the Photo Gallery at C@ is only a part of the picture and NOT the entire picture.

The Photo Gallery at Cruise @ddicts IMO has always been a way for all of US as members to share Our cruise travels with one another without having to go to an outside photo gallery thru a link which after a few days disappears. The photos that are uploaded here at the C@ site are unique in that they are always available and visible to OLD as well as NEW members which IMO has always been the beauty of having EVERYONE load up ther cruise photo memories and store thme here at C@.

I believe the Captain along with the rest of US is in the trial and error mode and will make adjustments on the fly which could result in a number of options. What results will those be and what options might exist is anyones guess. It could be stay with the NEW photo gallery or upgrade to another gallery or perhaps use both the OLD and NEW galleires in combination and give folks a choice as to which one they prefer to use.

Whatever the solution is there is one guarantee and that is that C@ will have the BEST Cruise Photo Gallery available throughout the numerous internet cruise sites found around the net. For now I would say like Charles we should all post perhaps on this thread what items each of US have either found to be positive or negative and then perhaps we can compile a list to work on with regards to solutions.

suer182

Forum Manager
Staff member
Let's not turn this into a pissing contest, please. :)

I have a lengthy list of issues I encountered uploading my pics from my last cruise. But I was able to get them into the gallery. I kept clicking, looking around, trial and error.

I refuse to be mentally challenged, and will rip down wallpaper if I haveta, turn corners to see what nooks and crannys are there.

Since I am ontop of the Capts. and bOB;s ship list for all the board issues, I am holding off till at least after AC, to give these guys a well deserved break from my whinning.

Legit questions are a good thing though....that is how we all learn.

Hey E - sorry for a question that was probably already addressed but is there still a way to access the photos from the old gallery? :shrug:

BTW - yes, we are still alive here in mid-Michigan!:thumbup:

bob

Community Manager
Staff member
BSeaBob pretty much sums it up.

Go to

Gallery

Members Galleries

Members Gallery you want to see

There is a tool bar of sorts. across middle:
Pick the number of thumbs you want to see from first pull down

Next pull down is "Category Tools"
Click on Slide show

By example, Jill's gallery has 192 images on 13 pages and they are all visible. In fact most images have been viewed an average of 70-75 times

The gallery is working!

Gramma Ann

Sounds simple, but I don't know who all went on the cruise. Of course Mary Ann, Maw, Suer, Red. The others I don't know names to search for.

I'm sure something will be worked out, there are some very knowledgable puter heads on this board. I'm not one!!!:duh:

bob

Community Manager
Staff member
Database issue with the old gallery, it is still there and will continue to still be there, just needs to be reset at server level, and will be accessible again.

Karry

I just tried something different. I clicked on "what's new" in the photo gallery. Then there is a list of days (last day, last 2 days, etc) I figure most of the Ducky pix that have already been posted would have been done in the past 5 days, so I clicked on that. I got 11 (yes, ELEVEN) pages of Mariner of the Seas pictures posted by the cruizer in June. I fear that unless someone posts a link to their photos in a thread I might never see anything. :duh::bawl::thumbdown:

ShipMaven

Forever Remembered
Sounds simple, but I don't know who all went on the cruise. Of course Mary Ann, Maw, Suer, Red. The others I don't know names to search for.

I'm sure something will be worked out, there are some very knowledgable puter heads on this board. I'm not one!!!:duh:
Gramma Ann - I can only speak for my review. I am ultra ultra cautious of people's privacy, and since I'll eventually be transferring my review to our Review area that might be more open to the internet in general than our boards, I purposely am tap-dancing around names and omitting them. I'm sure if you ask who certain people are, they'll respond if they so wish.

Tobyn

Thanks for the instructions bOB. I'll have to try that. Now for uploading photos . . . After trying to use the "upload multiple photos' function three times, I gave up and loaded my photos on Photobucket.

Is there something I am missing? When I clicked the button, I waited for 10 minutes and then a message showed up said it was waiting for the user to hit submit. So I hit submit, and was told there was nothing to upload ? ? ? ? Any help or dummy proof instructions would be greatly appreciated.

Einstein

Thanks for the instructions bOB. I'll have to try that. Now for uploading photos . . . After trying to use the "upload multiple photos' function three times, I gave up and loaded my photos on Photobucket.

Is there something I am missing? When I clicked the button, I waited for 10 minutes and then a message showed up said it was waiting for the user to hit submit. So I hit submit, and was told there was nothing to upload ? ? ? ? Any help or dummy proof instructions would be greatly appreciated.
Did the same thing here Tobyn. :bbat: Finally figured out after pulling a good part of my hair our thru trial and retrial that after BATCH uploading photos U need to scroll down to the bottom of the page and hit the submit button. :hammer: Sort of quirky but then it opens up to a process screen which allows for changing the description and title on each individual photo. So for individual photo uploads its a simple one step process. For Multiple Photo Batch Uploads its a 3 step Process of Upload, Submit, and Process until the photos show up. The GOOD News is that all those photos U uploaded are still in the que to be submitted and processed. So if U Batch upload a couple MORE photos to your album then the Submit tab will be at the bottom of the screem and once U submit them then the process tab will be at the bottom of the screen. Hope this helps U out. :spyglass:

If time allows and I find MORE little hidden intricacies I might try and put together a screen capture tutorial. :duh:ttfn

Last edited:

suer182

Forum Manager
Staff member
Another way to view someones photos:

In a post, look at the upper right hand corner of a members reply. It shows
Posts: ARG (that is just my personal opinion on post count, sorry)

The number next to images is clickable. that will take you right to their gallery, if they only have one gallery set up. IF they have multiple galleries, then you have to view them the way bsea suggested. Mine shows 131.

You also have to be in a specific gallery to have the CATEGORY TOOLS option appear to view it as a slide show.

I think I uploaded mine the same way E did, it was a three step, time consuming process. One advantage to that is I was able to multi task. Tobyn I got the same error message but when I did it again, it worked.

We now have the ability to post comments under different pictures. One thing I did learn, is that you can not use an emoticon(smiley) in your comment or it will not show.

I am trying to figure out a quick easy way to view all the comments without go through all my pictures again.