Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest! Welcome to our forums!. We are glad you joined us. If you aren't a member already, please Sign Up! Today!

I'm the bearer of horrible news!

Discussion in 'The Safe Harbor' started by Judi, Mar 18, 2012.

1. bostongal

bostongal Well-Known Member

Coral - I am so sorry that you had to get this news during a cruise! I am sending you hugs.

2. nieciez

nieciez Well-Known Member Community Sponsor

I am just praying that Cruise Cutie doesn't go to the internet while on her land vacation in Aruba....

3. The Cruiser

The Cruiser Well-Known Member

Denise I've been thinking the same thing.

4. bob

bob Chief Engineer Staff Member

Mike (snowblower) and Deb have been in touch with Joanne and Mark, she is aware.

5. Karry

Karry Well-Known Member

I thought the same thing about Joanne and Mark.

6. nieciez

nieciez Well-Known Member Community Sponsor

I am glad she head it from a good friend and not from seeing it in print on the net.

7. Whimsy

Whimsy Well-Known Member

Corky and Cutie have been on my mind since I heard the news. So sorry they had to experience this sadness while away.

8. bostongal

bostongal Well-Known Member

I have been thinking that too. I hope she doesn't find out until she's home - let her enjoy her time there.

9. Calgon1

Calgon1 Awaiting results of mental evaluation

Has anyone been able to contact Jean? I'm sure she's suffering too. Is Pucci with her? Poor fella. He must be beside himself ...

10. Ruchela

Ruchela Well-Known Member

I haven't been here for a couple of days. I am absolutely devastated. May G-D be with her and her family.

11. bob

Not to worry Calgon,
    there is contact with Jean and Pucci's welfare is the last thing that needs to be worried about, the
    King's only issue is that he is missing his Queen and doesn't know why... He is in good hands and doing well.

12. GloBug

GloBug Senior Flea Coller Tester

We can't help but worry about the little guy, and how he's handling things. Our hearts go out to him, and Jean. Thanks for letting us know, bob.

13. Calgon1

Calgon1 Awaiting results of mental evaluation

Thank you bOB,

As I'm sure you're aware, I'm (among other things) a Canine Handler, Cody being an air-scent, search and rescue dogger; so I have a very soft spot in my twisted little heart for the fur babies.

14. mrsrocster

mrsrocster Well-Known Member

Has anyone else but me noticed that John changed the background of the board to be black? I sent him a note asking if there was a way we could dim the lights on C@ in tribute to Shipmaven and he agreed, felt the same way so he tweaked the software and we have a black background.

Thank you John!

15. bob

That was our best way of dimming the lights, very subtle so probably not real noticeable but we don't have a flag to fly at half mast.

So many people do not realize how devoted she was to this board and more importantly, the community members that she came to
    consider friends.

16. Whimsy

Whimsy Well-Known Member

Thank you for the update on Pucci. I have been wondering about him.

I also noticed the black background and wondered if it was changed in honor of Mary Ann. Very tasteful and much appreciated.

17. bob

Calgon, where is your head....................

Pucci is NOT a canine..

But I know where your coming from ;)

18. bob

Whimsy,
    John's idea, he beat me to it...................

19. bob

Lightening up a bit about everybody's concern about Pucci, and trust me right now it is hard to be light ................

Michael (Mal D) and I have spent a lot of time in our conversations, throwing crap back and forth............

But one thing we always agreed on was if there is such a thing as reincarnation, when we died we wanted to come back as Mary Ann's dog................

20. John

John I'm on Island Time Staff Member

Hi Michelle, Your welcome and It was funny how we both had the same thought to "dim the lights" of the community in someway.