Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest! Welcome to our forums!. We are glad you joined us. If you aren't a member already, please Sign Up! Today!

I'm worried about my Brother. What can cause these symptoms?

Discussion in 'The Safe Harbor' started by r8derfan, Jan 8, 2009.

1. r8derfan

r8derfan Guest

He is almost 60. A week and a half ago he spent the night in the hospital due to chest pains and an irregular heart monitor reading. They prescribed Nitro just in case. Now he has blood in his stools and when he blew his nose there was some blood there also.He has a Doctor appt today at 11:30am. Can an ulcer cause these symptoms? I hate to think the worse.

2. JacquieP

JacquieP Guest

Just a thought. Did they put him on any "blood thinner" medications such as Coumadin?

3. debowah

debowah Guest

What did the Doctor have to say about your brother?????

4. reggae

reggae Guest

Prayers that all is okay with your brother..

5. GloBug

GloBug Guest

Prayers for good news about your brother. Post when you can.

6. ShipMaven

ShipMaven Guest

Any news on your brother? Jacquie asked a very intelligent question.

Needless to say, prayers are being said.

7. r8derfan

r8derfan Guest

Thank You for repling. My brother called and said the Doctor said the nose bleed is probably from a broken capillary because the blood came out only through one nostril. But the blood in the stool is a concern and they made an appt. for a colonoscope.

8. SandyBeach

SandyBeach Guest

I think it is possible to have the blood in the stool due to an ulcer. Praying for a good report from the upcoming colonoscopy.

9. Cruise cutie

Cruise cutie Guest

Prayers it all works out, and is an aberration..and not a symptom of hard times..Joanne

10. Mgram

Mgram Guest

Sending good thoughts and prayers in your brother's direction.

11. r8derfan

r8derfan Guest

My brothers appt. is scheduled for Tuesday, January 20th. I will keep you posted.

12. Whimsy

Whimsy Guest

Please keep us posted. Hope all turns out well.