• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

In Memory of Mary Ann (Shipmaven)

bob

Community Manager
Staff member

There have been many wonderful comment on Judi's thread about Mary Ann - Shipmaven - and thank you, each and every one..
She was not our travel agent, she was a part of us, so that thanks comes from our heart.

Sheryl and I have known her for 15 years, she is our family

What many of you may not know is what this lady was really about....

She was caring, she was compassionate, she was giving, she was un-conditional; that is the most important part, there was never a pay back.

You didn't have to ask.... If you were in need, she offered.
There are several members here past and present that have experienced Shipmaven's graciousness in one way or another.

Her life was not about a travel agent taking care of clients, that was a job that kept her busy, it was about people.

This is the most caring, loving person I have ever met in my life and a day will not go by that I don't think about her.

Several have mentioned that the board will be different without her. I disagree, the board will be the same because of her.......

She stepped up to the plate for those she cared about, no questions, no conditions

Some long time members will remember when some sponsors bailed out leaving John holding the bag, without a lot of detail,
the site was down a while because of the issues that followed, Mary Ann called me and asked if it was OK to contact John.
We are still here - Are we not

WE ARE HER FRIENDS, WE ARE HER FAMILY - EACH AND EVERY ONE OF US

I humbly ask each of you that have come to know her, when you open the forums, simply say
"thank you"

Added by John,

She more than any other helped keep the wheels turning because she wanted it to never go offline, even for a few days.
She wanted everyone to keep having fun together... because it was something she really enjoyed.

Jill B

The roaming Aussie
bob and John, you have described Mary Ann perfectly. Rick, Mum and I are so glad we had the opportunity to meet this gracious lady.

Thank you

nieciez

Community Sponsor
She was a great lady who touched all our lived. My big regret is that I did not get to meet her in person. Thank you Mary Ann for being a part of my life.

Calgon1

Awaiting results of mental evaluation
John, April, bOB and Sheryl,

Thank you.

Your words mean so much to all of us. Right now, those of us fortunate enough to have known Mary Ann are in mourning. Eventually, we will move to acceptance and seek closure. I, for one, don't want closure. I don't want her to be a fond memory. I want her to continue to live, in each of us. As long as there are Cruise Addicts ... our 'Mama Duck' will always be with us.

seamom

Thanks, Mary Ann, for filling our days here with the bubbles of champagne cruises and a reminder that there are kind people on the other side of the computer.

Donna - dsw

Thanks to Mary Ann for everything. I was lucky enough to (like most) consider her a freind - even though we never meet in person - she email a number of times and we chatted about alot of things besides cruising! I wll have fond memories of her for a long time to come.

sage

Thank you Mary Ann for the love you showed everyone you met. There will never be another one like you. I'm so glad you came into our lives. Rest in peace dear friend.