Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest! Welcome to our forums!. We are glad you joined us. If you aren't a member already, please Sign Up! Today!

Inside cabins?

Discussion in 'Royal Caribbean International' started by Lanisa, Sep 8, 2002.

1. Lanisa

Lanisa Guest

We are considering sailing on the Voyager of the Seas in October and I found a AWESOME deal for an inside cabin, I believe it's a category Q. Could someone tell me are the inside cabins ok. We've sailed before on Carnival and had an oceanview cabin. The window was so small, you had to stand on the bed to look out. Are the inside cabins ok for the price or would you rather have an oceanview? I wish we could afford a balcony, but I know I'm dreaming. Would you get an inside cabin? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!!

2. BP

BP Guest

I would book what you can afford. We would all like the Penthouse suite but it is better to be on the cruise in a inside cabin then not at all. . You still eat, drink, swim with every one else.

3. paulfredo

paulfredo Guest

Inside is OK... I've had both... sure would rather have na outside or balcony, but first priority is GET ME ON THE SHIP!

paulfedo

4. wishin

wishin Guest

If it was between an inside cabin or staying home - INSIDE!!!

5. Little Irene

Little Irene Guest

I agree with everyone else. I've been on the Voyager...3 times she's so awesome..... just get on the ship!!

6. herb

herb Guest

As long as you're not claustrophobic inside is fine. We had a 110 sq. ft. inside cabin on our last cruise and we survived!
    Have fun on the Voyager,
    herb :)

7. Stargazerm31

Stargazerm31 Guest

Tough question. We almost always book insides. Reason is that I can cruise 1.7 times compared to 1 cruise on a veranda. I would rather cruise more and Pam and I honestly don't spend that much time in our room except to change clothes or sleep.

JMHO

8. Walter

Walter Guest

Go for the inside if it is a great price. Once nice thing about an inside cabin is that is great for taking afternoon naps. Happy Sailing!

9. LjeanBrown

LjeanBrown Guest

Go for the good price and enjoy :thumb

Laurie :candle

10. Alexa

Alexa Guest

I'll second that! Any cabin is fine as long as you are sailing. Save your money for extra's.

11. Bunny

Bunny Guest

I am slightly claustrophobic and have booked an atruim cabin on AOS.It is much cheaper than an outside and fairly roomy. My next step down is to an inside. We have discovered we spent so little time in it, it does not matter.We had a balconey on the Radiance and did not use it much.

12. Jlynd

Jlynd Guest

My vote is for inside. We just had a balcony on Explorer of the Seas and we just didn't spend much time using it. From now on we will go inside and save the money so that we can cruise more often!!

13. hm

hm Guest

I just finished a week in the explorer of the seas and we did not spend much time in our balcony room. Next cruise in the Navigator of the seas will be inside.

14. DeniseBl

DeniseBl Guest

Hi Lanisa,

You have to book what you'll be happy with. If you know you're going to be in an Inside cabin, except that and are ok with that then you'll be fine. But whatever you do, don't book an Inside hoping you'll get upgraded to an outside and then be disappointed with an Inside. This will make for an unhappy vacation.

Ask yourself this question: how much time will you spend in the room? That will help you make the decision. Also, as your TA to check the price of an outside room. Sometime its not much more.

Bon Voyage!

Denise

15. DAVE

DAVE Guest

THE VOYAGER JUST GET ON BOARD GREAT SHIP WITH LIKE 14 BARS AND JOHNNY ROCKETS AND ALL THE ENTERTAINMENT WE HARDLY USED OUR BALCONY EXCEPT LATE AT NIGHT FOR THE BREEZE. NEVER WENT TO BED TILL AFTER 2. PARTIES ALL NITE FANTASTIC

16. susancruzs

susancruzs Guest

Cruising as a single and always scrounging around for decent cabins, I've had more than my share of inside cabins. I've also had outsides and a balcony once, too. Go for the price and cruise more often!

Some people book a particular category as a guarantee and hope to be upgraded. Trouble with that is, you don't know your cabin # right away and you could be assigned one you don't like. I'm doing a Category N on the Brilliance in March and just happy to be onboard! If I'm away from the action, the extra walking will do be good and it will be quieter! I've had some tiny, tiny insides as in 10 x 10 and I survived just fine! Newer ships have much nicer inside cabins now as in 160 sq. feet! Enjoy!