Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest! Welcome to our forums!. We are glad you joined us. If you aren't a member already, please Sign Up! Today!

Inside passage or Glacier Bay?

Discussion in 'Alaska & Pacific Northwest Ports' started by nu2cruising, Aug 30, 2008.

1. nu2cruising

nu2cruising Guest

Hi.....We are thinking of taking our next cruise with Princess to Alaska. We are not sure weather we should take the cruise thru the Inside Passage or Glacier Bay.
    Would appreciate any input from those that have taken either or both of these cruises as to the pros and cons of both.
    Thanks!!

2. gottacruz

gottacruz Guest

Hi,
    Going up there in 14 days and your best bet would be the inside passage, more sceanery there, i perfer hubbard glacier, its prettier i think, this will be # 7 cruise up there, and no it doesnt get old, havent been there in 5 years, so i'm getting excited, our stops are icy strait point, skagway, juneau and hubbard glacier. Icy strait point, is i guess the entrance to glacier bay. Last night at a church social, when i said this will be my 7 cruise to alaska, somebody asked, Whats the attraction to go so many times up there? I said its the sceanery, its so beautiful. If your ship goes to skagway, you cant get lost in that town, one street six or seven blocks long, with some side streets.

3. nu2cruising

nu2cruising Guest

-- moved topic --

4. ShipMaven

ShipMaven Guest

[quote nu2cruising]Hi.....We are thinking of taking our next cruise with Princess to Alaska. We are not sure weather we should take the cruise thru the Inside Passage or Glacier Bay.
    Would appreciate any input from those that have taken either or both of these cruises as to the pros and cons of both.
    Thanks!![/quote]

Inside Passage and Glacier Bay are not mutually exclusive. You certainly can do both, but you must check the itinerary to ascertain that it includes Glacier Bay. Cruising Glacier Bay is by permit only, and only 2 ships per day are allowed there. Only certain cruise lines have those permits, among them Princess.

5. BSeabob

BSeabob Guest

Heed Mary Ann's advice and make sure you check on your other thread for my comments on Inside Passage.

HUbbard and Glacier Bay depending on time of your trip or should I say the ability of your ship to get there is a toss up as far as I'm concerned. Both are wonderful. But sometimes you just don't get as close as other times.