• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Interview the person below you <B>(Board Game)</B>

J

John

Here is your chance to interview the person below you, in this thread.

So here it goes...

Why do you like cruise travel?

M

MoJo2Rusty

Re: Interview the person below you (Board Game)

My first Cruise as a Rusty Wallace Fan cruise in 2001. A relaxing week of spending time with friends and my sister, was a great experience. Eveyone was so friendly. We met some people at the airport and hotel the night before the cruise and we ran into them frequently on ship. They were seasoned cruisers and were always checking to make sure we were having a great time. To me if you need a way to relax, a cruise is the ultimate way to relax. No pressure, just kick back and enjoy. Looking forward to my 2nd Rusty Wallace cruise in December 2004.

Next, Why do you like to cruise?

S

serene56

I like to cruise because it gives me that time to spend with my man and family. The man works too man hours and the time spend on a cruise is sooo much more relaxing then a land vacation. besides dollar for dollar its cheaper.

What is your favorite cruiselines and why?

L

lainie

I can only say CCL because it is the only line I have been on -- 6 times. I really have nothing to compare it to, but I have enjoyed every cruise on CCL -- immensly!

What is your favorite ship-board activity?

C

Corky

Sitting on a lounge chair in a solarium reading a book, watching the ocean and having a pina colada....that is 'my' favorite ship-board activity.

J

jhahn

I guess Corky didn't understand that you were supposed to 'interview' the person below you, thus, I will bridge the gap and ask "If you were Corky sitting in a lounge chair enjoying a good book in the solarium drinking a pina colada, what cruise-related question would ask the next person?"

PS is this a board game or a bored game?

M

MoJo2Rusty

I would ask them if they had cruised before? If so I would then ask them;

What has been your favorite port and why?

D

Don

Tough question. Grand Cayman and Cozumel are definitely in the running, as is San Juan. All things considered, I think I have to pick Cozumel, because there's such a wide variety of things to do. We've been there twice and have just explored the tip of the iceberg. We rented a jeep and drove around the island, saw the ruins, went to Carlos & Charlies, went snorkeling at two different beaches and explored the downtown area. But we haven't taken the ferry over to the mainland to see the sites there, including the ruins; nor have we taken a snorkel excursion out to the snorkeling areas that aren't accessible from the beach, and there's lots of beaches and sites on the island we haven't seen. Plus, Cozumel has good piers, easy transportation, it's not very expensive, the weather seems almost always good, and it's a lot of FUN.

Do you primarily use shore excursions booked through the cruise line, or on your own, and why?

R

rugratstoney

We do our shore tours on our own, When On vacation, I do not use time tables, I like to decide when and where I want to be and why, not that the excursions are not interesting, but my DW and kids like to set out on our own adventures. This year though, we are looking into swimming with the dolphins on our Bahama cruise.

If you could change one thing about your last cruise, what would it be and why?

S

snowball

I would have changed the itinerary. My last cruise was on the Miracle out of Baltimore and sailing to Key West, Nassau, and Freeport, Bahamas. Our cruise before that was on the Destiny to the Southern Caribbean, and the Bahamas just couldn't compete with the beautiful islands we saw on the Southern itinerary. But othe than that it was a wonderful cruise - beautiful brand new ship, great entertainment staff, and had lots of family and friends sailings with us. We are going to sail the Western itinerary for the first time during our Valor cruise next June.

Next question - What is your favorite this to do during your "fun day at sea"?

P

pootieb1

My favorite thing to do on the fun day at sea depends on when it is. If its at the end of the cruise, I like to sleep in and take it easy for the day. Need to rest up from all the activity that took place during the week so that I am not totally exhausted when I get home.

Do you enjoy dressing up for formal night(s) or do you just skip it?

M

MoJo2Rusty

I love to dress up for formal night. I do not get the chances to dress up that much at home so dressing up for formal nights and dressing in something other than shorts and tee shirts or tanks, for the other nights in the dining room, is just part of the cruise experience, that is different from home. And I love to sit and watch the people parade around in their formal atire. Ya, I have to purchace formal stuff I might not wear again, but the resale shops are great, just take them in and trade for something different for the next cruise.

What would be your favoriate meal? Are you take a chance on new dishes you haven't tried before or stick with the familiar?

N

Nanni-B.

My favorite meal hands down is the Prime Rib. Only once did I venture out to try Loberster on formal night. Neither hubby or myself could ever eat sea food but we promised my parents on the cruise we would try lobster. Had our pictures taken with the things even. We could not eat more than one bite :lol

Next Question: Where is your favorite area/spot on the ship?

Post Edited (07-25-04 13:50)

P

pmc7704

I think my favorite spot on the ship is my balcony (if I'm lucky enough to have one) Nothing beats an early morning cup of coffee, or a late night foo-foo drink in the privacy and quiet of your own space.

Next question: What is your preferred category to book, inside to save money and buy more "stuff" or balcony, for the above reasons?

A

ali38

On my last cruise we booked a balcony then upgraded to a suite for our anniv.On our cruise next month we bookedan inside on the bottom deck then upgraded toan ov, then upgraded to a balcony. so, i would have to say BALCONY. this way my kids can enjoy it also(this will be their first cruise)I love waking up in the morning and watching the sun rise.:girly

Next question:

which do you prefer watching , sunrise or sunset and why?

Post Edited (07-25-04 16:43)

B

bippytrip

Sunset because when the sun hits the water you can hear it hiss.

What is your favorite foo-foo drink, and do you know what's in it?

(OOPS, I guess I can't interview myself, so for the next person to answer???)

Post Edited (07-25-04 17:18)

J

jbest

BBC, Banana liquer, Bailey's, and .... guess I don't know, but they're marvelous!

Who is your favorite person to cruise with and why?

J

JPULEO1

What a great thread! Last time I cruised I went with my husband and my 10 year old son. We are crusing on the Valor on June 5th of next year and it will be just the hubby and myself. My husband and I are best freinds so I would have to say that my favorite person to cruise with would be him.

What is your favorite excusion activity?

Dana

Sensation 6/21/04
Valor 6/5/05

D

Don

Snorkeling. Hands down. (Or should I say, head down, and hands out!)

Have you tried cruising with friends, or would you do so? Why or why not?

S

steph_texas

I havent cruised with FRIENDS.. just extended family....

I would like to have friends along just for the thrill of experiencing it together... maybe some day my friends can go in a "off peak" time so its not so outrageously expensive...

have u ever gotten seasick ? If so, how did you overcome it ?

Steph

:TX