• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

***Is The Pizza Free???***

D

Dan40

jeffleanne,
The salad is supposed to have a hint of anchovies in it. If you're very sensitive to fishy tastes, it might be offensive. Others [me for one] like that..
I would rate the pizza as excellent, not fabulous like NY pizza. And far different than the deep dish Chicago style. But still excellent.
I understand having a preference for one type over the other. but comparing NY and Chicago against each other is apples and oranges. They are 2 different dishes with the same name. Its like comparing a T-Bone steak with a ham steak. Both have similar names and both can be wonderful, but they're 2 different meals.
Dan

Post Edited (04-04-04 15:17)

D

diverdiver

I'm a Philly cheese steak sort of person myself. Would love to see Carnival offer that 24 hours a day, as well! Oh, wait! Then I might miss out on the lobster!

M

mike-suz

What makes NY pizza so special, so excellent, is the water. New York has exceptional water and that's the reason that NY pizza can't be duplicated anywhere else.
I've actually heard of some pizza restaurants in Florida who have NY water delivered so they can get closer to that perfect crust that you only find in NY.

D

danvel

Is there only one place where they offer the free pizza? Is it in a particular restaurant? As I realise that on the miracle there is Horatio's Restaurant which offers pizza and other things.... Is it the place where the pizza is free or a specific place.??

K

Kim1319

Looking at the deck plans on the Carnival Miracle, The "free" pizza on that ship is the same as on I think all of the other ships. It is located on the Lido deck in the restaurant located at the very back of the ship. And as far as I know, yes, that is the only place that you can get pizza.. from the pizza stand called the "Pizzeria" in that back restaurant. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong. Thank you!

Happy Cruising!

Kim

K

Kensterfly

Pizza "free." Not hardly. But for about $600 per person I got a special deal this summer that allows me to eat all the pizza I can handle and they throw a cruise to Cozumel in for free!!

K

Kim1319

yeah thats why I said "free", cause its not FREE, and I think someone in this thread did mention the fact that its NOT free its just INCLUDED in the price of your cruise of what you already paid for or whatever. But big deal, so what if people say its free. They know what they mean and you all know what they mean so let em say "free" :p. Its not free pizza its included,, and already paid for, therefore go and eat $300 worth of food. But hey,, who really knows... you just MAY be getting free pizza. If you eat $300 dollars worth of other food, not to mention the cost of a room for 3-7+ nights. So figure, the price for say like a hotel room (for however long your cruise is), and figure about how much it would be for meals each day. Just MAYBE that exceeds the cost of what you paid for,, for everything that's "Included". LOL see what I mean or am I too confusing? I know what I'm trying to say anyway, so :p

T

tg_lindo

I thought the crust was good. Kinda crispy, kinda chewy, kinda yeasty.

But what I thought was odd was that they had demonstration pizzas in the glass case with all kinds of interesting toppings, but they never actually had them as choices to serve. The ones they served had more typical (dull) toppings.

O

ozzy

tq lindo - that is odd, on the Imagination they were serving from the display case and all of the toppings were available. When there were long lines they would have hot pies continually coming out of the oven and they'd serve them from the counter.

M

MrCruiseVirgin

The best thing is that if you don't see something you like (re: toppings) they will custom make it for you. I had them make us 5 whole pizzas for a deck card game we got going. It was awesome.

A

AngelaAngel

Just got to put my $.02 in. If you are of Italian descent; you will not think this is the world's greatest pizza. If you like Domino's, Pizza Hut, etc. it is very comparable. I live in a town with 80% italians and we have the best pizza joints anyone can ask for with TRULY delicious "pies" But then again if you are not Italian, you will not understand. Sorry.

L

LornaT

Plus don't forget the Calzones too.
When we were on the Glory (12/27/03 sailing) I also found out that besides their standard Pizza's, they would make you an entire Pizza anyway you want it, with any toppings you want (as long as they have them or can get them from one of the other stations) the only catch was having to wait 6 mnutes for it to cook........................Yum! >

H

Helen233

As a former Long Islander there is NOTHING like N.Y. Pizza, it is the best there is , and nowhere else can compare to it. we are now living in Atlanta and we here people say how great so and so's pizza is, nope we have never enjoyed pizza down here like we did in N..Y.

sailing in September, first time cruiser, I can't wait

K

Kensterfly

Helen233 wrote:

> As a former Long Islander there is NOTHING like N.Y. Pizza

Helen, I'll agree that NY pizza is among the best. I go with our high school choir to NY every other year. There is a little whole in the wall pizza place just off 8th Ave on 38th or 39th that is just fantastic. I never miss it!

T

teacp

I agree with all of you who said New York pizza is the best. You can't even compare it to Pizza Hut. That's not pizza.....I have to say though that the pizza on carnival is very tasty and they had all sorts of toppings for you to choose from....Still nothing like a drip down your arm pizza from NY

P

pnorth

Yep it is free and they also had sandwiches. March 04 on Sensation and I thought the service was fast. Pizza was good, but the sandwiches were better IMO.

O

ozzy

I think that most would agree, Carnival Pizza is by far the best pizza served on a cruise ship. I've had what they try to call "pizza" on RCCL and nearly gagged. True, its not NY pizza but its way better then greasy Pizza Hut or tasteless Dominos pizzas that mainstream USA accepts as pizza.

W

wishboneallen

We had all of the free pizza we could eat on the Imagination and it is GREAT. As good as the pizza is , if you like garlic try the calzone it is the beat I have ever had. Can't wait until Oct 16 so I can have some more!!!!!!!!!