Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest! Welcome to our forums!. We are glad you joined us. If you aren't a member already, please Sign Up! Today!

Its got to be said

Discussion in 'Carnival Cruise Lines' started by mlzangel78, Jul 28, 2005.

1. mlzangel78

mlzangel78 Guest

I know that alot of people book the cruises with the itinerary in mind, but i always remind everyone, that you are not on a solid foundation hotel, you are in a floating resort that must deal with mother nature and elements, if you are in a hotel and it storms you are stuck there, while it rains and vacation is ruined, your hotel will not refund you for rain.

If it storms at sea, there are always more than likely accomodations to bring you to other places that are sunny..and out of harms way. the fact that the cruiseline gives any compensation for a change of itineraries in my opinion i think is fantastic, and generous, the fine print of the contract does state that the itinerary is subject to change,,, if you book a vacation soley on port of call then book a land based vacation, if you book a cruise, you are booking the ship, the ports of call are just icing on the cake,,,

I know its disappointing that you dont get to go to a certain place, but hey 200.00 off my vacation is spending money,,, for more drinks, souveniers, maybe that fancy dinner at one of the ships non inclusive venues... sometimes they even give you a future cruise credit,,, im gonna start booking during hurricane season just so i can afford to keep cruising as much as i do :)

Thats what cruising is all about, it makes me so mad sometimes when people demand more from the cruiseline when the fact that they give you any compensation at all is incredible...

2. serene56

serene56 Guest

I agree Melissa: I try to tell new cruisers-- do NOT pick a ship based on the Destinations ars they will set themselves up for disappointment in case of "Stuff Happening"
    Disappointments can ruin a great cruise otherwise. Missing that one port that you just had to see.. will make you see the rest of the trip as gone bad.

3. mlzangel78

mlzangel78 Guest

Thanks Serene, Let me know about that cruise by the way :)

Maybe i should post this on the first time cruiser board :)

4. rshreib

rshreib Guest

Besides, if you were in a hotel and it rained, you would be stuck in the rain, atleast a cruise ship can go somewhere nice..

5. mlzangel78

mlzangel78 Guest

That was my point exactly :) but im looking at 2007 for hurricane season,,, i would like some shipboard credit and future cruise credit as well :)

6. lainie

lainie Guest

Melissa -- you hit the nail right on the head! Thanks for posting!

7. mlzangel78

mlzangel78 Guest

I was just irked !!! Hi lainie long time no see :)

8. Ken_2001

Ken_2001 Guest

Well, I disagree totally. :grin If Carnival tells I'm going to Aruba, I wanna go no matter what. I don't care if the Captain drives the ship in to Monsoon, get slammed with 90 foot waves, and by the time we get to Aruba, we can't find it on the map anymore becuase the ship just sailed right over Aruba. I blame Carnival for massive storms and my travel agent told me the ship is too big to move around, and if we don't hit Aruba and sail right on top of it and we get thrown around, I'm suing the pants off of Carnival to secure my financial future. I never read the back of my cruise documents, so I never heard of storms and all these things. Carnival says we're going to these islands, therefore we have to go. No matter what.

So there!

9. rshreib

rshreib Guest

Toner, Ken, Toner......

10. Ken_2001

Ken_2001 Guest

rshreib Wrote:
    -------------------------------------------------------
    > Toner, Ken, Toner......

LOLOLOLOL!!!!!!! =rofl

11. mlzangel78

mlzangel78 Guest

KEN , have you been to Aruba,,, believe me having just been there your not missing much :) lol

it was funny when you said i never read the back of my cruise docs,, neither do i ...

Furthermore, ,,, I think we might be able to sue them for false advirtising :) i mean we paid for western carib and got eastern,, well thats not what we paid for,, there are plenty of western carib ports to choose from if we skip jamaica there are 3 ports in mexico to go to :)

catch my drift,, i think the cruise line should have a waiver, they would save so much money by not giving shipboard credits, since soooo many people get upset when they miss a port due to weather... the cruiseline should make you sign as you board, the following is just meant in good nature,,, i still want the cruislines ro give me the credit and what not :) but since were having fun with this....

THIS IS THE VACATION YOU HAVE PAID FOR , OUR SHIP WILL BRING YOU TO THE PORTS OF CALL THAT WERE SET FORTH IN YOUR CRUISE DOCUMENTS, THE CRUISELINE HAS NO CONTROL OVER THE WEATHER, SO DUE TO PAST COMPLAINTS OF SKIPPED PORTS AND MILLIONS OF DOLLARS SPENT IN SHIPBOARD AND CRUISE CREDITS, WE WILL OBLIGE YOU THE FOLLOWING, ALL PORTS OF CALL ON THIS ITINERARY WETHER IT BE SAFE OR NOT, YOUR SAFETY IS NOW NONE OF OUR CONCERN, WILL BE CALLED UPON .

WE CAN NOT RISK DAMAGING THE VESSEL IN ORDER TO ASSURE YOU GET OFF THE SHIP AT THE END OF YOUR PAID VACATION), IF WE ARE UNABLE TO DOCK THE SHIP ,WE WILL TENDER YOU IN , MOTION SICKNESS PILLS AND MEDICAL ATTENTION AT THIS POINT WILL NO LONGER BE PROVIDED ,SHOULD YOU BECOME INJURED OR ILL. NO SHIP SPONSORED EXCURSIONS WILL BE CANCELLED THERE IS NO REFUND IN THE EVENT THAT THERE IS INCLEMENT WEATHER, YOU WILL JUST HAVE TO ENDURE THE RAIN, AND WIND. THOSE OF YOU THAT REMAIN ON THE SHIP AT THESE PORTS OF CALL WILL NOT BE REFUNDED DUE TO THE LIMITED ACTIVITES AND EVENTS DURING THE DAY.

WE HOPE THAT YOU UNDERSTAND WE DID TRY OUR BEST TO KEEP OUR CUSTOMERS OUT OF HARMS WAY AND FROM INCLEMENT WEATHER, HOWEVER WE CAN NOLONGER CONTINUE TO PROVIDE OUR CUSTOMERS WITH SHIPBOARD CREDITS, FUTURE CRUISE CREDITS, OR SAFETY. THE BEST INTEREST IS NOW THAT OF THE COMPANY , AND NOLONGER THE CUSTOMER.

HAVE A GREAT VACATION, AS WE ARE SURE THAT YOU WILL GET WHAT YOU PAID FOR :)

12. Ken_2001

Ken_2001 Guest

Yes Mel...and even if the vessel can dock on top of the flooded out islands, I'm going to book a massive snorkle/dive excursion, just to say I've been there. : )

You'll have to forgive me..it's nice out.. I"m in doors...it's friday, and I'm feelin' giddy! :lol

13. mlzangel78

mlzangel78 Guest

its not nice here,,, but hey ill be seeing you in a month or so :)

14. Helen233

Helen233 Guest

Listen UP,

this is my damn vacaction and if they TELL me we are going to a SPECIFIC PORT then I better get to go,
    Plus I know they are lying to us anyway, they just don't WANT TO go to that port.
    Plus we all know there are NO such things as storms when it comes time for OUR cruise.

I don't care how dangerous it is, after all this is an adventure right? Who cares if we don't make it back alive at least we got OUR VACATION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

15. mlzangel78

mlzangel78 Guest

YEah !!!! you tell em helen :)

After all theres a saying,,, get out there,,, right?? Like no other vacation on earth,,,, yeah i bet,,, :)

It would be the last vacation on earth, so i guess it would be like no other,,,

Is it time to go home yet... ??

Do you know ive been at work on this site all day long,,,, its 4:43 pm and i am getting ansy... i have concert tickets tonight, and im ready to go :)

16. rshreib

rshreib Guest

Better yet, why specify ports at all. The offer should say " you have booked a 7 day cruise with 3 ports of call. We will decide what ports you visit and when during your stay". Heck don't even say CARIBBEAN. Just say: Seven day cruise,3 ports, food of some sort. Then they can take you where they want, when they want and feed you whatever.

Actually, I would still book...Personally, I like the cruise, If I wanted to visit some tropical paradise where the inhabitants don't realize how wonderful they got it making $3 a day, I would have flown there. They call it a cruise for a reason, I want more CRUISE and less PORT. Why dont they have a 7day cruise to nowhere???? I would book in an instant.

17. Ken_2001

Ken_2001 Guest

Yea Helen!! You tell em!! :lol Got Git 'em!! :lol

Hey I'll see you too Melissa...But I gotta go to Aruba first if my ship don't sail and drop anchor right on top!! :thumb

18. TeriM50

TeriM50 Guest

You seen one island you seen them all!!! I have a friend that books a cruise with as many ports as she can get, everyday if she could. I book them with as few as possible, I enjoy the relaxing days at sea. I agree with you, can't whine and have a good time too, I would rather have fun.

19. Ken_2001

Ken_2001 Guest

Melissa.. I'm dying here!!~ LOL!!!

Hey Rich...7 day CTN eh? HMMMM!! This is not bad!!

20. Mr. Utley

Mr. Utley Guest

Ports? The more the better. The lines are shorter and it's easier to get a deck chair near the pool...