Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest! Welcome to our forums!. We are glad you joined us. If you aren't a member already, please Sign Up! Today!

JEWELRY SHOPPING, Cayman Islands

Discussion in 'Caribbean Ports' started by JOHN57, Sep 20, 2009.

1. JOHN57

JOHN57 Active Member

We will be on the Carnival Conquest, the 6th of December 2009, and will visit Cayman Islands on the 10th. Could anyone recommend some jewelry shops. My wife is interested in jewelry. Thank you, John and Myriam

2. Cruise cutie

Cruise cutie Well-Known Member

JMHO..as a niece of a jeweler..unless you KNOW your stuff..and I mean really know jewelry don't buy any..so much of the stuff they have is "enhanced", and lab created etc, etc..
    you are buying "in the moment".. and on vacation etc..just Buyer Beware..
    tons of the prices are jacked up to the galaxy for prices..then "reduced"..and if you are *NOT* a jewelry hound.. ..:no:..more people than you know get taken to the cleaners...
    oh sure it appraises out, because there is NO way it won't when you "get it Home " to insure it, after all you have a receipt saying you paid such and such..but TRULY??.:eek:..

find a nice local store..in your Home town..REALLY look at prices, and quality stuff...talk turkey..the way the economy is, and gold through the roof you are paying wayyyy high for stuff that was 1/2 the price even a year ago on the islands..
    I know, I know ...you want to buy her something "IN The Cayman's"..sigh .
    WHY do you think there are 100 stores on every island ???..they move that crap!!....JMHO..happy cruising....Joanne