• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

John and bOB have been playing

C

Charles

They changed the font on the Board. And, something is missing. I'll figure it out

Thanks guys for all of your work behind the scenes,.

Charles

C

Corky

The ad stuff on the left? Is that what is missing?

I also say thanks to Capt John and to the behind the scene elves. :)

T

tango55

Yes, on my screen the right hand ad banner is almost half the page.

I still appreciate all they do!

Terry

M

maw

I really like the change in font seems easier for my eyes to read. Appreciate all your work guys. When we going to see you on a cruise?

D

Donna - dsw

I like the changes, Much easier to read at work and not look like I am not working! lol\

Thanks!

H

herb

the font looks the same to me as it always did =huh .. are we back to the original font since this thread was started?

G

GloBug

Ha ha, I PM'd John about this last night. Yup, the font changed. It went from a sans serif font (nice and straight) to a serif face (see the little lines or tails at the tops and bottoms of the letters?). Serif faces ARE easier to read, Maw, which is why newspapers use serif faces, books too. Nice change on our old eyes. Thanks John. Didn't realize bOB was helping. Kudos to you too bOB.

H

herb

OMG I shouldn't have said a thing... the page is dark blue and the writing is all in black. YIKES!! ::eek:

No, I'm not on any hallucinatory drugs :lol

Edited to say: Ok, now it's back to normal.... probably a computer glitch on my side....

H

herb

I will come back later today... computer is playing games with me... now the page is dark blue with the black writing. Very difficult to read.... the list of online users is in "electric blue"...
very strange :dizzy

R

red stripe

glo.. bOB did not know bOB was helping either :grin

I like the new font also, I had changed the font I see here at home to that last week, and made it larger..
I can even see without glasses now :lol

Einstein for some reason.. has his computer to show all his fonts as a small skinny one, and also it is a dark lilac or light purple :grin It sure keeps me off his computer :lol

J

John

Hi All, I do this occasionally just to see if anyone is paying attention. I've changed the base font on most of the site to "Georgia". I found this font to be much easier on the eyes. I changed it on a few of the news pages and now I have also done so within the forums. I'm still tweaking this morning as some of the (navigation menu's) were too small and needed a different font (Verdana) so it would be larger and clearer.

If your a reader of the New York Times online they too have switched from the TIMES font to the same one Georgia and were my inspiration for this move.

Here are some links to different pages that have changed and I think look much better. More tweaks will come.

Ship Review - (Easy to Read) - http://www.cruise-addicts.com/reviews/readreview.php?id=459

News Article - http://www.cruise-addicts.com/Cruise-News/Princess-Cruises/caribbean-princess-drydock.html

Cruise Tracker - http://www.cruise-addicts.com/exchange/index.php

The Ad's will be appearing in the right margin on the Forums. Please support our advertisers as this is how we can stay open.

S

ShipMaven

I've been watching the new font for a couple of days and wondering if I was seeing things because I still have difficulty getting on the board from time to time and the board freezes on me from time to time. This is the ONLY place it happens. :(

I DO like the new font. :thumb And I especially like no ads down the right hand side of the page.

R

red stripe

Georgia on my mind.. :lol John this is the font of choice for me whenever I am doing any kind of word doc.

S

suer182

Can someone send me a magnifying glass please. The size is so small. Hey I'm old, what can I say :lol

S

ShipMaven

Suer - I just came back from putting drops in my eyes. While I DO like the new font, it IS a bit small.

K

KathyC

Yes, the font is smaller but I still find it easy to read. Shipmaven, I'm with you as far as having problems logging on sometimes--I believe I had problems Fri morn & then got too busy to try again later so I missed Maw's ramble. And like you, this is the only place I have trouble--usually I just try back an hr or 2 later & I can on just fine.

J

JacquieP

Suer, I agree, my eyes are too old to read small fonts. I'm spoiled, I guess, because all our procedure manuals at work are in Arial.

S

ShipMaven

John said:
Hi All, I do this occasionally just to see if anyone is paying attention. I've changed the base font on most of the site to "Georgia". I found this font to be much easier on the eyes. I changed it on a few of the news pages and now I have also done so within the forums. I'm still tweaking this morning as some of the (navigation menu's) were too small and needed a different font (Verdana) so it would be larger and clearer.

If your a reader of the New York Times online they too have switched from the TIMES font to the same one Georgia and were my inspiration for this move.

Here are some links to different pages that have changed and I think look much better. More tweaks will come.

Ship Review - (Easy to Read) - http://www.cruise-addicts.com/reviews/readreview.php?id=459 FOR ME, THE EASIEST TO READ.

News Article - http://www.cruise-addicts.com/Cruise-News/Princess-Cruises/caribbean-princess-drydock.html EXTREMELY DIFFICULT AND EYE-STRAINING TO READ.

Cruise Tracker - http://www.cruise-addicts.com/exchange/index.php NOT BAD, BUT NOT AS EASY AS SHIP REVIEW. OF COURSE, I REALIZE ALL THIS DEPENDS ON ONE'S EYESIGHT

The Ad's will be appearing in the right margin on the Forums. Please support our advertisers as this is how we can stay open.