• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Johnny Rockets

B

bicker

"Do you really think people come here for a business lesson?"

I believe people come here for truthful information.

"Obviously, you're not going to change my mind, and I'm not going to change your's. I will say that while this surcharge annoys me, it's not upset me to the point of being dissatisfied overall."

Please understand, then, that you and I agree completely. What is it that you don't think we agree about?

"I just find that I don't agree with the business practice of ..."

What do you mean by "don't agree with"? Do you mean that they don't operate that way? ... that they're not allowed to operate that way? ... or that you don't like that they operate that way?

"It does not cover them ethically or morally."

There's the crux of the issue. This is the first time you've made it clear that you're talking from a strictly ethical or moral standpoint. I surely would never tell you that your subjective ethics are "wrong"! Check other threads on this board (especially those having to do with dress codes) and you'll see that I vigorously defend the right of folks to make their own moral decisions about how to interpret the suggested dress code. I will defend vigorously your right to not like the way the cruise lines operate, just as I'll defend vigorously their right to operate that way. No one gets to impose their beliefs on others -- only a consensus of society can do that. That's what freedom is all about.

S

Schooner

Wow I've been missing alot since I've been gone!! But I must say unfortunately I have to agree with each version on this one having been on both sides of the fence.

S

SUNNYDAY

deear bicker are you suggesting that the public's response has no effect on the way one conducts business practices.

S

SUNNYDAY

i willnot continue to post about this subject until i hear more info from rccl . by now as brad commented the time of the test should be up and they should have make a final decision. to charge or not to charge that is the question. lol. i remember that popular phrase can't we all just get along.lmao.

B

bOB

Hmmmm
Does Johnny Rockets serve horsemeat.........................
maybe we could send them this thread. :grin

J

JeffC

Royal states that the surcharge test is only on the Mariner and the Navigator. Children 5 and under are not charged. The test continues indefinitely.