Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest! Welcome to our forums!. We are glad you joined us. If you aren't a member already, please Sign Up! Today!

July 17 - 24, 2004 Maasdam cruise......Canada/New England

Discussion in 'Holland America Line' started by sail7seas, Jul 25, 2004.

1. Thankx Sail. Looking forward to my first HAL experience.

2. JOHN(NJ)

JOHN(NJ) Guest

Glad to hear that my room in October, 020 has passed muster with "Miss Maasdam".
    Can't think of any questions that haven't been answered already. Glad you had a good time.

3. sail7seas

sail7seas Guest

John....:) We left the cabin in "tip top" shape.

We liked it better than 022 which we occupied last Thanksgiving. Everything worked in 020....no problems at all. *And you will LOVE being directly across the hall from the Neptune Lounge. We thought it fabulous to be able to pop in for a chocolate or a coffee. DH went in most afternoons looking for shrimp hors d'ouevres and came back often with a few.

4. JOHN(NJ)

JOHN(NJ) Guest

Shrimp, right across the hall?????? Sounds like Suer and me will be trying to see who gets them first !!!!!!! LOL

5. John any doubt who will get them first....:grin. Oh, but don't worry, I will share :lol

6. JOHN(NJ)

JOHN(NJ) Guest

This could wind up being ugly !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. For once John, you could be right...........

8. ShipMaven

ShipMaven Guest

May the hungriest person win! :lol

9. sail7seas

sail7seas Guest

:lol :)

DH goes for the shrimp....I picked my way all around the breakfast buffet in Neptune putting all the berries in my bowl. They sprinkled them very liberally as "garni".....I loved the blackberries, blueberries and was able to gather a nice bowl full. :)

10. JOHN(NJ)

JOHN(NJ) Guest

Will be nice to get an early cuppa joe, while we wait for the pot to arrive at the room before we head up for breakfast................... LOL Maybe we can cancel the pot to the room now!!!!!!

11. egee

egee Guest

Just returned from August 7-14 Maasdam Boston to Boston cruise. I can echo most of your observations, especially friendliness and service-orientation of crew. While I was totally comfortable on this beautiful ship and had a fine cruise, the Maasdam is definitely showing its age. Tile and grout are stained in cabin bathroom, tub scratched and pulling away from wall, men's shower in spa is almost gross with stains and sharp edges where tile meets metal framing. Workout equipment is worn-- vintage 1990 state of the art equipment (no elyptical workout machines.) My understanding is that Maasdam is due for major drydock work in January. Let's hope these issues are corrected. Again, we had a great cruise and would recommend this ship and itinerary strongly...just hope HAL doesn't let Maasdam or its aging sister ships slip any further.

12. sail7seas

sail7seas Guest

I was in the gym most mornings by 6:30 A.M. and I agree that it would have been nice if they had some elyptical machines. I was happy to use the treadmills (and there were plenty of them) but I did look for elypticals as well. I thought the gym to be adequate for a cruiseship and I certainly enjoyed using it.

Being a lady, I was not in the Men's Shower :)........After my workout, I prefer to return to my Suite to shower and dress for the day.

I