• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Katrina Messed up My Cruise To Bahamas

C

Coppertone Girl

Mel, trust me, we are all overwhelmed with the different reactions we've got...

T

tndr715

I was on the Conquest which was scheduled to dock in New Orleans on 08-28. When we were told we were going to be diverted to Gavelston I thought the the cruise director was going to get lynched. Evan after Carnival gave us $200 per person sign and sail credit and %25 off of a future cruise it was not good enough for some people. They actually wanted Carnival to take them into a hurricane! I though Carnival was more then generous in compansation for something that was out of there control. I am thankful to Carnival for looking out for us and am praying for the poor people who have suffered such a loss.

L

lizardstew

What a nice twist for someone to actually say something NICE about a cruise line in this situation!!!

J

justlori

Me and my husband were also on this cruise.
We took a risk going during hurricane season
and were happy to have the $50 posted to our
account. Carnival owes us nothing. We were
just glad that our Captain did such a good job
and kept us safe and let us enjoy the rest of our
cruise even if we did not stop in Nassau. I would
rather have my life and go to Nassau at another time.

D

Don B

We finally heard that my brother-in-law is alive! When I find him, before he tells his story, I'll be sure to tell him that I heard that Katrina messed up somebody's cruise to the Bahamas, and all they got was a little shipboard credit! I'm sure he won't be able to top that with his silly little tale of being rescued from his second-story rooftop after three days with no food or water...

L

lizardstew

Thank goodness your brother is OK, Don!!! I have family there too, but not directly in New Orleans. Heard yesterday that they are all safe....

M

mlzangel78

I know I was a bit harsh yesterday, but Im watching the news and the last thing on my mind is a cruise..... I think if i had one scheduled for right now, I couldnt even go and enjoy it, knowing all those poor babies that are dying, and patients in the hospitals, and people in the astrodome, its just heartwreching, I just really couldnt imagine putting my butt on a cruise ship right now, when thousands upon thousands of people are in such a bad way, but if i did go i certainly wouldnt be compaining that my poor backside was sitting on a cruise ship, in the caribbean, getting tan, and pampered while the rest of our nation is in such a bad state, i would feel blessed i was even on it, and thank god that i was safe and not in the middle of whats going on down there...

C

Coppertone Girl

Don B Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> We finally heard that my brother-in-law is alive!
> When I find him, before he tells his story, I'll
> be sure to tell him that I heard that Katrina
> messed up somebody's cruise to the Bahamas, and
> all they got was a little shipboard credit! I'm
> sure he won't be able to top that with his silly
> little tale of being rescued from his second-story
> rooftop after three days with no food or water...
>
> Don B
>

Don I'm glad your brother is safe! it's good to hear things like that... I honestly feel like my faith in people is disolving as the days go by... where is this help we keep hearing about?! Harry Connick Jr made to the Convention Center in an hour!!! why can't we help those people??? I'm very confused!!!

D

docbfree

Amen mlzangel.
I am amazed by the selfishness and lack of perspective some posters on this website have.
I have been watching this site for over a year now. Until now, I presumed that everyone on the site had a similar love of cruising and liked to know the inside scoop before they went. When I hear people complain of getting $25 for missing a stop or complaining that the use of cruise ships to help those in the gulf states might mess up their next vacation, I begin to consider that the zealousness of many people on this site is a little too much for me.
I posted on the RCCL forum yesterday after someone complained about potentially missing a cruise/potential mistreatment of the ships if they were used for temporary housing. Although I agreed that it didn't make sense for the cruise lines to help in this way, I found it quite distasteful that people were bitching about potentially missing an upcoming cruise. Unbelieveably, many follow-ups sided with the guy who was going to be upset if his cruise was cancelled, I am currently booked for an October cruise. If by some chance this is cancelled, I will be disappointed, but I will easily understand and find an alternate vacation.
Everyone...Please give to the Red Cross or similar organization.

R

rshreib

We are taught in this world today that money fixes everything. if some one dies, we want money from the doctors, the insurance as if that helps with the grieving process. When we are inconvenienced, we want money for it as if the money washed away the problem.. I think all cruise lines should simply raise the price of cruises and build in the insurance. then everyone would be protected.