Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest! Welcome to our forums!. We are glad you joined us. If you aren't a member already, please Sign Up! Today!

Kelly method question

Discussion in 'Carnival Cruise Lines' started by Clarissa, Jun 16, 2004.

1. Clarissa

Clarissa Guest

I am booked on a Gty 4A. I have my sail&sign account card in front of me. I am looking on the back and see my booking number followed immediately by TBA18CQ2004062 then a bunch of zeros and a 7.

I guessed that perhaps my cabin is 4062??? But tried to buy something and it said invalid room number. USing the Kelly Method would the TBA be the room number?? But in my case it is TBA? So i can't figure out my cabin number with the Kelly Method.

thanks for your insight.

2. cfspence

cfspence Guest

Find your booking number on the back of the sail and sign card. The number right after the booking number should be your cabin number. Also, make sure you put your booking number in correctly. Sometimes an "O" looks like a zero (0).

Hope it works.

3. montekat

montekat Guest

Looks like it only says TBA, "to be announced". Apparently your room is not yet assigned. The 2004 is part of the date. Sorry! I don't know that you would even be able to pull it up with the Kelly method if they wait on assigning the cabin number until just before you sail.

4. The Kelly Method would give you a message saying "purchases cannot be made for guarantee cabins" or something along those lines instead of "invalid cabin or booking number". That's how I found my cabin number. I just started at the very bottom (riviera deck) plugging in all the inside cabin numbers until that message came up. When I got my docs, that same number was on the back of my S&S card.

5. SMASHROX`

SMASHROX` Guest

I get my docs Friday or Monday according to my TA, so I'll check my S&S form and let you know what mine turns out to be. I'm booked 6A GTY, so I'm curious to see if I've been temporarily assigned.

6. bippytrip

bippytrip Guest

I receive my documents as soon as I can get up to my TA (looks like Friday). I booked an inside guarantee (4A minimum) and according to the kelly method, I got the 800 # message on a cat. 5A (outside cabin with french doors and obstructed view). So I will post on friday if that room # appears on the back of my docs.

7. phinfan63

phinfan63 Guest

bippytrip - sounds like you may have received a nice upgrade. I am booked in a 4A and using that method, so far I am only in a 4B. I still have 67 days to go though so I am still hoping to be moved up. An outside would be great but it doesn't sound like that happens very often (inside to outside).

8. Cole617

Cole617 Guest

I booked an 8A Gty on the miracle that leaves in 2 days and i did the kelly method and found us in 8D cabin 6150. Then received my docs and on the back has our booking # and right after that 6150 so it looks like we got an upgrade from 8A to 8D on Empress. Not to shabby.

9. MoJo2Rusty

MoJo2Rusty Guest

What is this Kelly Method? How do you find this stuff out before you sail?

10. I guess I won't be able to use the Kelly method. We received our docs today and after our booking # it says TBA followed by a bunch of other numbers. From this thread, I'm taking it that the TBA is To Be Announced. So, I have no clue. It'll just be a surprise. :)

11. chryl

chryl Guest

How soon can you use this method? Thanks Chryl

12. cfspence

cfspence Guest

It did not work for me until I made my final payment. I tried it before I made my final payment and it didn't work. I received my docs a few days later and tried it. Sure enough it worked. I booked a 4A guarantee and according to kellys method I am on the Express Deck 180. Nice upgrade.

Hope this helps.

13. I made final payment when I booked it and it still won't work for me......the docs say TBA.......to be announced. Maybe it's a good thing?!?!? Come on upgrade fairy!

14. bippytrip

bippytrip Guest

Guess what?
    I just received my docs today along with the other couple we are traveling with, and the docs have the same exact room # for both of us that I came up with using the kelly method. I am convinced now that it works. Went from a 4A gty inside cabin to a 5A outside.
    I just wonder if that is subject to another upgrade, or is it set in stone now that it is on the docs?
    Doesn't matter, I would still have just as much fun if I was in a 4A, but will take all I can get.
    Cruise On Dudes
    =docdance=docdance=docdance=docdance=docdance=docdance=docdance=docdance=docdance=docdance=docdance=docdance=docdance=docdance=docdance

=bigwave

15. Someone PLEASE explain this Kelly method for ones that don't know what it is....I'll be receiving my docs soon and would love to figure out my cabin!!!!!!!!!!

16. bippytrip

bippytrip Guest

Go to carnival website; go to gifts, and then make like you are sending a gift to yourself. Type in your booking No.; and where it says Stateroom No. start typing in cabin #'s starting with the minimum category you booked (ex. start with 4A cabin #'s if you booked an inside stateroom guarantee). If it says
    "Invalid Booking and/or State Room."
    then keep going until you get a message that says
    "We are sorry, but an online order cannot be placed for a Guaranteed Category cabin. Please call 1-800-###-### to place your order over the phone."

If you go thru all the 4A's, go to the 4B's and so on until you get the message.

Does it work 100%, I don't know, but I will soon find out if it definately worked for me.

Good luck.

17. Ok, I got that part of it....My friend booked us and she said we have an inside in classes4A to 4F......how do I figure out which rooms those may be......I know it would be all the inside rooms but where would I begin???? Thanks for the info!!

18. bippytrip

bippytrip Guest

Here's a link of the deck plans:
    http://www.carnival.com/Deck_Plans.aspx?shipCode=MI
    Start at the Riviera deck with all the INSIDE cabins, then work your way up (Promenade and Atlantic decks have no cabins). If you make it to the Panorama without getting the message, then go back to the Riviera deck and start with the OUTSIDE cabins and work your way up again.

Here is the stateroom categories:
    http://www.discount-carnival-cruises.com/Miracle Cabins.htm

It can be a little time consuming.

Good Luck

19. bippytrip

bippytrip Guest

Note: link for the deck plans in above reply is for the Miracle.

20. Thank you so much for the info, bippytrip........I've got all day to try....I'll let you know what happens......