Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest! Welcome to our forums!. We are glad you joined us. If you aren't a member already, please Sign Up! Today!

Kids on HAL Holiday Cruises

Discussion in 'Holland America Line' started by Mary Judson, Sep 3, 2002.

1. Mary Judson

Mary Judson Guest

My TA assures me that there will be a much greater number of children than usual on a holiday sailing. Does anyone have any first-hand experience with the kids programs on a holiday cruise? Hubby and I are worried that our 9-year-old won't have enough to do.

2. cruzman

cruzman Guest

Anytime school is out, you can expect more children to be on board. Of course, Holiday sailings mean more children. I think your 9 year old will have a wonderful time.

3. rocster

rocster Guest

That is the same concern I have for Veendam's sailing on the week of Thanksgiving.

4. sail7seas

sail7seas Guest

We've been aboard HAL ships for Christmas and New Years cruises and there are always loads of kids. You won't be disappointed to sail with children during the holidays. The same is true during the summer in the Caribbean.

5. Doone

Doone Guest

We sailed the Veendam this past February school vacation week with the kids. There were approximately 80 kids onboard and our kids had a blast. Club HAL was great and we felt our kids got individualized attention. The kids can hardly wait to go back to Club HAL. I think your kids will have a great time and there should be plenty of kids onboard. Have a great cruise.

6. AnneS

AnneS Guest

WE took our family on Millie this summer- the children were 17,12 & 10. The 10 year old was pretty much left out by the two [ her sister & her cousin] but she had a BLAST! Every morning she marked EVERYTHING she wanted to do -and DID most of it -SOME things with us old folks [ her grandparents] Kaitlin said "It was the BEST vacation EVER" Anne:daisy:usa:CO