Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest! Welcome to our forums!. We are glad you joined us. If you aren't a member already, please Sign Up! Today!

LA World Cruise Center (San Pedro) Questions???

Discussion in 'Princess Cruises' started by noyb, Mar 10, 2006.

1. noyb

noyb Guest

RE: Sapphire Princess Mexican Riviera Cruise Sailing 4/1/06

We're driving from Phoenix, AZ to the LA World Cruise Center in San Pedro, CA and have a few questions.

1) The itinerary says boading begins at 1 pm. Can anyone suggest what time we should plan on arriving?

2) Do you drop off your luggage at the curb and then go find a parking place?

3) Is there a shuttle from long term parking back to the pier?

4) If you've completed the PIF's online, is there really an express checkin?

Nothing to do with the cruise - how do you change the text that currently reads Hi, I'm NEW to the sand box?

Thank you!

=COOL

2. Cruizer

Cruizer Guest

1. I would not arrive before 11:00am. Any earlier and you might be nearer to the front of the line, but you are going to wait a much longer time.

2. You can do this if you want. But again, make sure you arrive after 11:00am. I arrived a little before 11:00 and they were not through unloading the ship, so they would not take my luggage. My luggage waited with me in line for about 1/2 hour.

3. Depends on which parking lot you park in. The one below the Monarch in the photo below (Princess docks where the Monarch is docked) does not offer a shuttle. However, the parking lot above the Monarch does.

4. Sorry, I don't know the answer to this one.

[​IMG]

3. noyb

noyb Guest

Very helpful information. Thank you!

4. pattie54

pattie54 Guest

don't feel you have to wait until 1pm. The ship will start boarding as soon as they are ready -- which depends on the disembarkation that morning. On our last cruise, we were told 1pm, got to the WCC at 12:15 and were able to check in and board without delay.

about parking, when you get to the guard gate, you can ask about parking (and catching the shuttle). There will be a sign directing you to the Princess pier (prob. 93). You can unload and then go park. Unless things have changed in a few years (on this last cruise we were driven there so parking wasn't an issue), there's one big lot with the shuttle taking care of everyone. It wouldn't make sense to have a lot without a shuttle (in fact, you should probably also check out the port's website on this matter).

What we usually do: hubby drops us and the luggage off. He parks and returns. Then we check in the luggage.

5. bikevegas

bikevegas Guest

I can't remember if there was an express check in line but I did have an express check in sticker on my docs. The check in went very quickly so I encourage you to do the PIF's on line. :AL:USA

6. noyb

noyb Guest

These replys are very helpful! Thank you ALL!

7. cruiserjanet

cruiserjanet Guest

We were dropped off and a porter took our luggage as soon as we unloaded it. They will take it to the scanners for you since every piece of luggage, carry on or not, has to be scanned.

Regarding Express Check-In, it's not as quick as it actually sounds. I would definitely do your PIF's on-line though as that will definitely speed up the process. After doing this, the only thing you will need to do at check-in is sign the credit card authorization slip and, if you are traveling with someone who is authorized to use the same credit card, they will have to sign as well.

8. Lady Jag

Lady Jag Guest

For that specific docking port where the Monarch is in the picture, you can drive up to the curb, unload your luggage and then park. It's a pretty easy walk back to the line for check-in.

Like the others said, if you don't want to wait in a long line, arrive later in the day - say around 2pm and you should be able to walk right on the ship after a quick doc. check.

Yes, there are Platinum/Suite lines last time I was there, but frankly, they weren't any faster than the other lines. I guess it just depends on the day, the worker in that line and whether the people in the line have done their duty by filling out all the paperwork ahead of time (the suite passengers who may have not used the online registration).

9. jean95404

jean95404 Guest

Our docs for the March 11th cruise on Sapphire Princess suggested that we show up at 2 PM. This was perfect. Took us less than 20 minutes from the curb to boarding the ship where they take your photo id (the one that matches you up with your id tag). The parking lot is not that large that you would really need a shuttle. And there are LOTS of guys with carts that gladly take your luggage off your hands and get it onto the ship. Voila!

10. We left from the World Cruise Center on Dec. 22, 2005 via the Island Princess. We arrived at 10:00am via an Amtrak shuttle bus that dropped us at the nearby Catalina Terminal. The shuttle bus took us to the World Cruise Center and our luggage was handed directly to the porters who checked it for us. At the suggestion of the shuttle driver we rode the nearby trolley for awhile then returned to the terminal by about 11:30. Check-in was fast and smooth and we had only about a 20 minute wait to be called to line up for security screening. We were on board by 12:30, found our stateroom then enjoyed lunch in the buffet. The setup at that terminal is excellent. Have a nice trip.

11. Cruizer

Cruizer Guest

Here is the "nearby trolley" (I called it a train station) the prior poster is referring to ...

[​IMG]

Here is a closer look at the train / trolley ...

[​IMG]

And here is some info on the train / trolley ...

[​IMG]

12. noyb

noyb Guest

We're sailing this Saturday and looking forward to the trip. Thank you everyone for your feedback.

13. nu2cruising

nu2cruising Guest

What's a PIF and where do I find them?

14. cruiserjanet

cruiserjanet Guest

A PIF is Personal Information Form (I hope I have that right) and can be found under your booking number or under your Captain's Circle number.

15. nu2cruising

nu2cruising Guest

What if I booked thru a travel agent??

16. cruiserjanet

cruiserjanet Guest

You should still have a booking number on your cruise documentation. As soon as you book your cruise you are issued a booking number. You can use that to input your personal information like passport, emergency information, preferences like if you are on a strict diet, etc. Those kinds of things, including prebooking your excursions. If you were not given a booking number when you booked your cruise through your travel agent, I would suggest calling them up and asking for it. We are given ours immediately and can go on-line that evening or the next day.