Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest! Welcome to our forums!. We are glad you joined us. If you aren't a member already, please Sign Up! Today!

Laundry on Island Princess

Discussion in 'Princess Cruises' started by Karry, Jan 29, 2005.

1. Karry

Karry Guest

We are booked on our lst Princess cruise-15 day LA to Hawaii in March. I have never done or sent out laundry on any of our other cruises. Sometimes I will do some hand washing, but I am on vacation and the laundry can wait until I get home! But we are flying to LA the day before, plus cruise, so we will be away 16 days and I just might end up doing a load or two. Does Island Princess have coin operated machines? What about soap? Is it worth it for me to bring a small bottle of detergent? Thanks for your help on a very boring subject lol.

2. Cruise cutie

Cruise cutie Guest

:wave Karry..there are laundry facilities on every other floor on Island, Coral, and Golden Princess I know of..they take US Quarters a buck a load to wash and dry..I bring a botle of Tide and give them a squirt from my screw top bottle from Walmart, they do sell powder and Downy tooand there are irons and ironing boards there too...and I do 2 loads on flip day on our Back to Back planned next week ,and on the 7th day of our 10 dayer Panama Canal 2 years ago..I HATE carrying a ton of dirty laundry home for the 1 hour time it takes to cycle it through..=shrug..works for me..., and I have rinsed dainties out to dry in our cabin as well as always rinse the sea water out of my swimwear., there is a pull cord hanger in all the rooms on Princess ships in your bathroom for this drying ease....:lol.. .....:)..Joanne

3. Karry

Karry Guest

Thanks Joanne, I think that's what I'm going to do this cruise. I do the hand wash also, but hubby goes thru clothes like crazy. Takes me more than a day t o do all the laundry when we get back, a small sacrifice lol....but that's on a weeker, and we're doubling it this cruise. I'm going to go thru wallets and hunt down quarters and put them in a zippie and in the "cruise box." One thing I do....sounds silly, but I always take a swim on the last day, dry out my suit, but don't wash it. When I get home and unpack and smell it it will take me backkkkkk....where is your cruise? We have never done back to backs, but really thinking of it. We like NY to Bermuda as we live 15 minutes from pier in NY and have been to Bermuda 5x and just LOVE it. All we can find on the ships we want to go on are 5 day cruises which aren't enough for us, so we were thinking of a back to back in the fall to give us 10 days. :idea

4. Cruise cutie

Cruise cutie Guest

DH Mark and I leave on this Friday Feb 4th to fly to San Juan.....have 2 days pre-cruise and on Sunday Board the Golden Princess for the back to back and then one day post cruise in San Juan...and then fly home....we have never done more than a 10 day Coral Princess Panama Canal cruise.with a 2 day pre, and one day post hotel...and that was our first 2 week total vacation EVER in 2003....so this is a special dream come true vacation for us..18 days on vacation..sigh....=love....:grin..Joanne

5. Karry

Karry Guest

Have a wonderful time! We did the San Juan route a few years ago in January. Flew down the day before and it was oh so nice to sit on the deck of the hotel with drinks in our summer clothes after leaving snowy NJ! Our longest was the VOS we just went on in October for 8 days, so I am a little panicky about being away for 16 days myself. I LOVE those cruises, but after a week, it is nice to "touch home base" and get back to reality a little. Then, of course, I think, well, okay, the house is still standing, everything is fine, now I want to go BACK B)

6. dmcculloch

dmcculloch Guest

Hi Joanna
    Please explain to me what back to back means.
    Do you stay on one ship and repeat the voyage or do you get off one and hope onto another ship.?
    Sounds like it would be great . Have not heard of back to back before.
    Dianne

7. Cruise cutie

Cruise cutie Guest

it can be both..:grin..we have 2 different itineraries on the Golden Princess, so we have different islands to see both weeks.....we booked it 18 months ago, Just after Princess announced the schedule..it happens that as we booked SOOO far ahead..we have the same picked out and booked stateroom..:thumb..and we get off the ship to re-go through security and a new ship photo and room card.. but essentially when everyone gets off that first Sunday...we stay aboard on Flipover and do the next 7 days..several posters I have seen have even booked different ships in the same port and even cruise lines..they just set it all up WAY ahead for the logistics..sigh..I am sooo going to adore this sailing!!..:grin..I have even seen cruisers who have done back to back to backs..or back to backs for 10 day sailings..just depends on the ability to coordinate it, have the $$ and book it out ahead enough!!....Hope this information helped you out...:lol...Whoo HOO..it's getting close!!..:lol..Joanne..

8. dmcculloch

dmcculloch Guest

Oh man you got me so excited just reading you reply.
    I'm excited for you
    We are going on a 10 day cruise on Sun Princess on April 8th.
    Because we have to come from so far away that we will not even consider a 7 day cruise . But now I guess we could on back to back..
    Hope you have a great time .
    Oh by the way did you get your travel agent to arrange this for you or did you do it on your own?
    Dianne

when you metioned the princess schedule do you mean the cruise books ? If not where did you get the schedule?

9. Karry

Karry Guest

Dianne, you can go to the Princess web site, or Carnival, whatever line you want to go on. YOu can click on destination, # of days, which month, which ship you want to go on, etc. It will list the cruises they have available for what you requested. I have also looked up cruises on www.cruisesonly.com. If it doesn't really matter to you which line you want to go on, maybe you want to book for desination or a certain time period, they will list all the cruise lines t hat offer that. I have fun just playing around with the different options :)

10. Cruise cutie

Cruise cutie Guest

=yeah shes' right..it's just we are Platinum Members on this sailing so we have extra Princess perks, and once you have sailed on Princess ( and other lines).they breed loyalty by giving return Princess Captain Circle members extra, extra perks..hehehe..so you stay with THEM...and it works too..on our 7th cruise in October I am going on Royal Caribbean for the first time as a part of this forums MOS@IC group cruise...but then back to Princess for a Hawaii cruise in 2007 is what we want to book next on the Island Princess for 15 days..and we will get a "ghost booking sailing next week to go towards that hoped for cruise...more perks for getting a ghost booking as well...:lol.... as no other line can currently beat my member perks for the sailings I want...:grin.have an awesome cruise on Sun Princess Dianne......:thumb....we =love Princess ...:)..Joanne.

11. Karry

Karry Guest

Okay, what's a ghost booking =headscratch Can't believe this all started with laundry lol. We always get the "repeater cocktail parties" =gulp on Carnival. Don't think there are any other perks, tho.

12. dmcculloch

dmcculloch Guest

Yes what is a ghost booking and I am not sure what you mean by perks. Maybe give me and example.

Does Princess let you know what your perks are .... whatever they are. I am thinking they are freebies or good deals or I don't know.

An Karry , This is damn funny that this has all evolved over laundry. I got a good chuckle from that comment. LOL

13. dmcculloch

dmcculloch Guest

Hi it is me again with another question.
    You can tell that I am a fairly new cruiser but I am hooked.

How do you guys get the cute characters and the history of your cruises on your letters?
    Di

14. Cruise cutie

Cruise cutie Guest

go to the Main Community forum page and see GLO BUG with the thank you to "Ali".on todays posting.....post and click on the addicts cay link for a GIF....:)..Joanne

15. dmcculloch

dmcculloch Guest

Im sorry Joanne, I found the message Glo Bug you mentioned but I can not figure out the rest of your message. Can't find the cay link to post and click.
    Help .
    Yours truely dummy dianne

16. Karry

Karry Guest

Dianne, I tried to copy and paste, but it didn't work :( Click home in the yellow bar on top of this page. Scroll down a little and on left you will see FAQ. Click that and go to graphics and HTML. Click on how do I post those cute little icons to a post. Then you will see where you can click on here is a list of....I copied the pages out and have in my drawer. You are NOT a dummy. Took about 3 people to "walk me thru" that :)

17. Karry

Karry Guest

Sorry, I left the other part out. There might be a better way to add history of cruises, but this is what I did. I clicked on my name. Your personal history will come up. Click on edit signature. You can type in what you want. I think you have to save or submit or something too. I am sure you'll be able to figure it out. If not, e-mail me and I'll go thru it and see if I can send you step by steps. :thumb

18. dmcculloch

dmcculloch Guest

Just had to send you a message back letting you know how much I appreciated your help and Cruise Cuties help. =friends
    By the way , where are you from?
    I am from British Columbia Canada.

You guys are terrific to take the time. Hope you have wonderful cruises.

Dianne

B)

19. Cruise cutie

Cruise cutie Guest

:wave I live in Central Vermont.....Home to the world famous " Granite Center of the World.."....Happy research!!.....:thumb..Joanne..

20. Karry

Karry Guest

Ridgewood, NJ is in NE NJ. Right by the border of NYC. Big Yankee fans here!!!