Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest! Welcome to our forums!. We are glad you joined us. If you aren't a member already, please Sign Up! Today!

Let's have a VIRTUAL BBQ.......everyone's invited!!!!

Discussion in 'Know Before You Go' started by seamom, Jun 23, 2005.

1. seamom

seamom Guest

SERGIO FRANCHI!!!!!...........how old ARE you girl!!!! :lol Ooops sorry for yelling again Suer...........didn't think you were awake over there in the hammock.

Anyone got a picture album with them from their last cruise? A great @ddict meeting story to tell?

2. defritz

defritz Guest

Ummm.... who's Sergio Franchi?? :lol

Pass another Frozen Thingee!!

3. The Cruiser

The Cruiser Guest

Ok I'm back from the food and liquor store.

What did I miss?? :lol

4. defritz

defritz Guest

It's LUNCH TIME, TC! Do you want cheese on your burger??

5. The Cruiser

The Cruiser Guest

Yes on the cheese.

6. John

John Guest

You all can certainly drink and eat. This pulled pork is amost gone. Did Tread bring a keg?

7. Ruchela

Ruchela Guest

Who is Sergio Franchi you ask? Only one of the best singers there ever was. Too bad he died so young. If you've never heard or seen him I suggest you buy one of his CD's -- then you will know.

It has nothing to do with age, you can be an admirer of singers and musicians long gone.

BTW, I'll have some cheese too, thank you.

8. seamom

seamom Guest

Just surprised you'd even HEARD of him...........not a name that comes to the tip of the tongue lately. You go girl...............

Okay...I'm heading out for some wine for our wine and cheese tasting event this afternoon here at bbq centre.........any particular vintages or country's wine?

9. defritz

defritz Guest

Yellow Tail Chardonnay for me, please!!

Have you ever had Australian wine, seamom? it's FABULOUS!

10. Seamom, I'm on my way to join the fun at your BBQ. I'll bring along some

Pasta salad, wine, and arm floaties. :grin

Maybe I can stop and kidnap Ali and the Child on the way.

11. Karry

Karry Guest

The party started without me while I was REALLY partying last night :cheers I will bring my famous orange marinated pork kabobs with red onion. Yummmmy. Where's the recipe for the sausage, egg and cheese casserole and brocoli and bacon? I need some new ideas for our annual 4th of July bash....it's hot here in NJ so I am thinking a nice cold vodka and tonic with extra lime sounds good right about now...

12. defritz

defritz Guest

I'll look for the egg, cheese and sausage recipie and probably post it over the weekend.

SPLASH!! Ooooh.... that pool feels so good. C'mon, seamom! Join me!!

13. The Cruiser

The Cruiser Guest

Alright, were is Hooked??? It's my turn to throw him into the pool and take his Mudslide away.

14. defritz

defritz Guest

I think he's sleeping in the hammock. Let's go get him, TC!! :grin

15. seamom

seamom Guest

defritz.......HAVE I EVER HAD AUSSIE WINE..........silly girl.........I lived there for a year and I consumed A LOT!! and much directly from the vineyards :lol

The year after I got back we even stocked our wedding bar with white and red Aussie brands. Very familiar with Yellow Tail as it was flying off the shelves here like free money last year........trendsetters HAD to have it. I think Fat Bast**d is the trendy fad at the moment.......I hear it tastes better than it sounds.

16. defritz

defritz Guest

:lol I had no idea that you lived there! What part? I spent two weeks traveling the eastern coast of Australia a few weeks back. I can't wait to go back there again.

I've only had two Australian wines.. Yellow tail and... um... shoot, what's the name of it....

17. seamom

seamom Guest

I lived in the "country" just north of Gosford, just north of Sydney..........in Toukley!! Got some great friends there and cousins in Melbourne and Tasmania. I travelled around the entire continent and the only major city I think I missed was Brisbane.

I must have missed your trip........where were you?

My wedding wine I think was Lindeman's. I used to love Rosemont Bin 555 and then, Bin 222 was el cheapo wine for $3!! You should see the price here now!! I LOVE the shiraz in the winter though.

18. defritz

defritz Guest

I was recently turned on to Shiraz and I LOVE it, but can't drink much as it causes migraines :(

I was there in 2000. My marching band went there to perform some ceremonies for the Olympics. We started in Cairns, snorkled in the Great Barrier Reef, went to Townsville and did a home stay, drove down the coast, went to Brisbane (briefly), and spent quite a few days in Sydney.

19. Ruchela

Ruchela Guest

Wow -- this is the longest BBQ ever -- we're gonna make the Guiness Book of Records.

Hmmmmmmmm................just to clarify those who asked me, Sergio Franchi passed away on May 1, 1990 -- only 15 years ago. I was always a fan of his, from the moment I heard his voice. So, I ain't that old. Anyway, have a great weekend all, and thanks for this BBQ and all the fun.

20. defritz

defritz Guest

Okay... so who's gonna help me clean up this mess???