Let's have a VIRTUAL BBQ.......everyone's invited!!!!

R

Ruchela

Thanks for the congrats -- boy, I was just coming here to gloat. Okay, drinks are on me, all around. What's your pleasure folks, cuz the Mets are gonna take them again tomorrow too.

Great evening tonight to continue this BBQ!!!

=COOL

K

Karry

Ruchela, game isn't on until 8pm and I go to work at 5:30 on Monday morning, so why don't I just concede right now and you can buy me drinks before the game. Great night after a sweltering hot day here in northern NJ. The sky is beautiful, waiting for a full moon and it cooled off. Time for Emeril's Red Rooster!!! I am serving these at our annual July 4th bash. They are good and oh so cooling!

R

Ruchela

Okay, I'll buy the drinks before you go to work, but you give up much too easily. We skinny blondes have to be strong!!!

Yeah, what's a Red Rooster??

K

Karry

Okay, guys and gals...here's the Red Rooster. Perfect for July 4th celebration: 1 1/2 qts. cranberry juice cocktail, 1 6 oz can frozen OJ defrosted, 2 c vodka (or more lol) Combine all in a plastic bowl and freeze overnight. It will not freeze solid but get a little slushy. Scoopy it into little cups and serve. If it's hot out, it will start to melt and you can "slurp" from the cup. I myself stick my fingers in and lick :thumb

R

Ruchela

Yum, wow -- that sounds good. Can I come to your July 4th party? I promise I won't rub it in about the Yankees.

S

seamom

Wow..I need a Red Rooster........sounds like a healthy drink..:lol

TREAD!!!!!! I KNEW I could count on you and Hooked to be the terrors of the party :grin But look out when I get a bunch of women together.....................................when you least expect it!!!

K

Karry

Oh, everyone is welcome to our 4th of July bash. We live in an absolutely beautiful village and bands, etc come from miles around for the parade. It is huge and absolutely awesome. I have coffee and "stuff" in the morning. Everyone parks their cars at our house and walks to parade, I "set stuff up" while they are gone, we have probably 55-60 people who come back to our house!!! It's my annual thing....I go all out. Both my sons and my DH are cops in our town, my DH always takes the week of 7/4 off, but cops come by, grab a burger, a soda....and the rest of us sit and drink and have a great time. Then the fireworks start. Our Village is KNOWN for fireworks on 7/4. I have a huge yard with no tall trees and you can see them from my front, side and back yard (we live on a corner) People come from all over NJ, PA to see them, honestly. Almost as good as Macy's over Hudson River in NYC. So I have my bbq, then when the fireworks start I hand out the Red Roosters, cookies and mint drinks. Then we gape at all the cars trying to get home, pour ourselves another drink and go in our Jacuzzi. About ll:30 the cops who were on duty come over and I start the bbq all over....about 3am everyone sleeps where t hey drop lol. My mint drink: this is absolutely the best drink in the world. I happen to have mints growing in my garden, but if you don't have them, I am sure you can find some at the store. Make the mint syrup day ahead and put in fridge. It doesn't take long to make, but takes forever to cool. 2 cups sugar, 2 cups water, 2 cups loosly packed mint leaves, washed well (I take off vine) Combine sugar and water in large sauce pan and bring to a boil. Remove from heat and stir in mint leaves. Cover and allow to come to room temp (this is what takes forever) Pour into strainer into L bowl and discard mint leaves. Cover and you can put in fridge up to l week.
This is for 3 drinks, but I figure it out with my calculator (lol) from how much mint syrup I have. l c pineapple juice, 1/2 c mint syrup, 1/4 c lemon juice, 1/4 c dark rum (I use Myers) in blender, add ice and beat til frothy. I know this sounds complicated, but it is oh so easy. As I said, I make the mint syrup and "adjust" the quantity of all t he other ingredients on my calculator, put it in a huge pitcher in the fridge and then when the fireworks start, I stir everything, dump in blender, add ice and run out with trays in cups. This drink is absolutely out of this world! You want to ask for another but have to lick the glass before you give it up to be refilled! Anyone who lives in NE NJ and wants to join in, em me for directions. Ruella, you are welcome to come. My BIL from Brooklyn will be here. I would love to show you my Yankee clubhouse :) But I'm warning you, I have 5 tv's in my house, and the Yank game is gonna be on all of them!

R

Ruchela

Sounds great -- thanks for the invitation -- I don't mind if the Yanks game is on, if I can wear my Mets cap -- but, if you prefer, since I'm a guest -- I can wear my Brooklyn Cyclones cap.

:)

S

seamom

Wow...that party sure beats the heck out of a virtual one..lol...souns like a lot of fun. Wish I was closer!

K

Karry

As long as you bring your own sleeping bag, all baseball logos are welcome! Even in the Jacuzzi lol. I am offering my tomato pie with home grown tomatos and basil..clams in bacon broth...homemade chili....chicken wings....hamburgers, hot dogs, ribs, orange marinated pork kabobs, potato, mac and tortellini salad, cole slaw..keibalsa with pineapple, mushrooms stuffed with crabmeat., bruschetta on toast thins, and onion dip with potato chips and pretzels!!! .Will probably think of some other things to add tomorrow lol. I LOVE the 4th of July. It is our celebration for all our friends and family along with 12/24-but that means snow here :) Cruise talk and photo albums mandatory!

B

belgique

Guess I've been working too much - missed 7 pages of this! Huge wedding tonight at the golf club - all went smoothly thanks to my great staff and my prep week of 15 hour days.

Now, as for the 4th - there's nowhere like Harbor Springs-Petoskey, Michigan. From the golf club I manage overlooking Lake Michigan, we can see fireworks from both towns - of course, they don't start until 10:30 p.m. since we are in God's country and it's still light until then.

I'll treat all of you to a drink at Little Traverse Bay Golf Club - my bartender makes some mean frozen thingees!

Might not be back for a week or so - the madness has set in - nothing like a great, busy tourist season!

S

seamom

Hey...if people keep popping into this bbq........maybe it will turn into a 4/7 party and we can have virtual fireworks too..:lol

Sunday morning..........almond croissants anyone? I'm serving brunch at 11.

T

The Cruiser

Almond Croissants sounds good. Be right over. Can't stay long, going to a wedding reception to go too at Noon.

R

Ruchela

Wow -- Karry, I'll be there. I promise to bring along some cruise pictures. Just not to rub it in, I'll wear my Brooklyn Cyclones cap, not my Mets cap.

What a swell party this will be, I think Karry will be the Hostess With The Mostest.

Okay, what are we doing today, on such a hot day? Eye openers anyone? I've made a pitcher of Bloody Mary's to start us off.

K

Karry

Oh, and I meant snow :( NOT snow :) Hate the white stuff....How about taco pie with sour cream on the side to go with the Bloody Marys.