• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Let's Play BALDERDASH!!! (copyrighted game name)

seamom

Well let's see who has a winner! I know I always have a few good chuckles behind the scenes and seeing what you choose!

lychnobite (LICK-no-bight)

1. One who works at night and sleeps during the day

2. A small tool used for removing ticks from the skin

3. Salt blocks for livestock

4. A small ocean plant similar to moss

Okay...pick the winner....or the actual definition!

Tobyn

After discussion with Gavin and Bread. . . . . . Bread and I will take 1. One who works at night and sleeps during the day, Gavin says 4. A small ocean plant similar to moss sounds right to him. . . . .

seamom

Well... Bread, Tread got the right answers.........and Tobyn did come to my confession booth and tell me he had nothing to do with Gavin picking HIS definition...but it seemed to convince Corky and he wanted to plead innocence. :) As for Funnel going off on his own again, he picked Corky's definition!

Now for catachresis (kat-a-KREE-siss)

1. Putting distinguishing marks on china

2. A tool used by a farmer for turning over the soil.

3. The incorrect usage of a word

4. An abnormality of the eye that leads to cataracts

I'm going to give a point for the right answer and half if you can pick Tobyn's!! And Tobyn, you have to pick the correct one and which is Corky's for the bonus 1/2 point. I'll give another 1/2 point for each correct guess of which definition each of your opponents will pick but you will have to send those answers to myprivate message box in order not to sway anyone's decision!!

Tobyn

Okay, not sure what all I am supposed to do here, so I will pick what I am guessing the right answer, and then send you a PM on the other stuff . . . . I will go with 3. The incorrect usage of a word

seamom

Ya dun right in your private message, Tobyn. You chose who would pick which answer and if guessed correctly, you will get a 1/2 bonus for each correct match after everyone has chosen!

Funnel

Sweden Unleased - Special Contributor
Not again, Corky! :hammer::madd::biggrin:

My guess for catachresis is #4. Yes, I agree with you Corky. You are not playing a trick here, are you?

/Erik

seamom

lol.....okay...well....Tobyn guessed the correct definition........incorrect usage.... and both Corky and Funnel guessed....lol..Tobyn's! That's three points for Tobyn.......Funnel...no half point for picking Tobyn's but you got 1/2 point for guessing Corky would pick 4. Tobyn also guessed Corky would pick 4 so he ended up with 4.5 points ...is that an all time record?

For phenicopter (fen-ick-KAWP-turr)

1. A bright red flamingo

2. Airborne mold spores

3. A three bladed helicopter

4. The seed, from a tree, that rotates when it spreads by the wind

Good ones..but which is correct.... extra point if you pick one which gets more than one vote, right or wrong!

Corky

I see how it is Tobyn and Funnel...betting behind the scenes now and making points off of me :hammer: well, the gloves are off now kiddo's...watch out!! :biggrin: :biggrin:

Now for the next word...# 4 seems to obvious, as does # 3, # 2 sounds plausible but I'm not sure...# 1 sounds totally made up, so that is the one I think I will go with and hope for the best. Ha!!

phenicopter (fen-ick-KAWP-turr)

1. A bright red flamingo

Ok Tobyn and Funnel...how many points are you making off of me today!! :lblue:

seamom

Corky...you could have had your own back by guessing what Tobyn and Funnel had picked...lol..but it is tricky! Be back later to tell you if you are right or wrong today. Now let's see if anyone else guesses what you do so you can receive a bonus point?

Corky

Seamom - truthfully, I had even forgotten about that new aspect of the game. I love the twist and turns on the rules, and may use this newest one someday myself. :doubleup:

Funnel

Tobynized again... :madd::biggrin:
Congratulations to all points Tobyn! :doubleup:

I think I will agree with Corky today, #1. I hope you are not pulling a trick here, Corky! :no::biggrin:

/Erik

Tobyn

I can't believe I am saying this, but Corky's review makes sense to me. I think I will join her and Erik and take 1. A bright red flamingo

seamom

So...you have all won a point for the correct answer. I realize my bonus point twists aren't always foolproof... that last one wasn't very clear and well thought out but I'm giving Funnel 1 point for trying...he said Tobyn would choose 1 also and that his real answer was 3 which it was!

Now for gombeenism (gom-BEEN-iz-im)?

1. Believing that everyone has an honest intention

2. Repeating the same task over and over again; as in a factory

3. Believing that the mob is a 'family'

4. Borrowing or lending money

Back to work....See you tomorrow night.

Funnel

:egyptian:
2 points! Yes!
Most important - I didn't give away a point to someone else! :boogie:

My guess for today is... hmm... choosing between #1 and #3 but I think I'll go for #3.

/Erik

Tobyn

Well . . . . . let's take a look at this one. . . . the suffix 'ism' means a belief or ritual . . . . Who in the world knows what 'Gombeen' is . . . .

There are two answers that indicate a belief, I just have to guess something different than Funnel, so I will go with 1. Believing that everyone has an honest intention