Let's set the story straight on the shipboard credits ;)

S

Stridje

Thank you to ShipMaven for starting this thread and setting the story straight. Also to others whose experiences with getting HAL promo credits (successfully and not-so-sucessfully) for inspiring me to ask my TA about Promo #7031. We are sailing the 'Mighty Zuidy' on July 24th, and had booked this over six months ago, no promotion but a decent View and Verandah Sale rate on a cat. BA. Because of another thread, we paid an additional $200 per cabin for an upgrade to SS - not quite S but still very nice IMHO. This Promo thread inspired me to call my TA to ask HAL and insist on getting the 7031 credit, since I did not already have a promo claimed. She asked and she got it - $50 per person! Bottom line: YOU DON'T GET IT IF YOU DON'T ASK! Now...what to spend that shipboard credit on? Pinnacle Grill? Bingo cards? :-D

8 days and counting...I haven't stopped doing the doc dance and look forward to putting my feet up on the deck chairs. Woohoo!

M

MortgageChick

We have $150 cabin credit, 2 cat upgrade promo and VIP status on our upcoming Westerdam cruise. You are correct, if you don't ask, you don't get.

The only thing that they have said no to me so far ,is for the CCL stockholder benefit. Because of all the goodies so far , no additional cabin credit for me :(

D

divinggirl

If I may ask, how did you pay the $200 to get to an SS? Which promo did you use, I can't find the appropriate thread...
THanks!

C

Cruzman

After reading this thread, I shot an email to my TA advising him of the "possibility" of an on board credit. While not really expecting to get it, I was surprised when I got his reply today: "Joel, you have spoiled the surprise. This has been on your reservation since February. You are receiving a $50 per person onboard credit."

I cannot say enough good things about my TA!!! Yeeeeeees!

E

Einstein

Funny Cruzman as we did the same thing and we were told the EXACT same thing from Our TA. We were told that we ruined the surprise that it was already assigned to our Docss. :grin

S

Southbound

my3kids,

That is correct. You just turn that voucher in at the front desk so that they can show it on your account. When you get your charge statement at the end of your cruise, it will show the $50 p/p shipboard credit has been applied towards your balance.

Have a wonderful cruise!

E

Einstein

Is this the way HAL handles ALL the shipboard credits??? I would of thought it would of been easier for them just to add it onto the shipboard credit account and subtract it from that total at the end of the cruise. I know thats the way MOST of the cruiselines handle it now but perhaps NOT HAL. =shrug

B

Better_days_ahead

ShipMaven
I tried sending you an email to the address in your profile and it was returned as undeliverable. Is the email address correct and my email system just fouled this one up?
Thanks

S

ShipMaven

My ISP is having e-mail problems once again, but be sure to eliminate NOSPAM in the address....

B

Better_days_ahead

ShipMaven
Thanks. In the first email I clicked on the email address as it appears in your profile. Hopefully the second one went through. I did wonder about the nospam part though.