Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest! Welcome to our forums!. We are glad you joined us. If you aren't a member already, please Sign Up! Today!

Light decorations before Christmas in Sweden

Discussion in 'Community Message Board' started by Funnel, Nov 26, 2011.

1. ShipMaven

ShipMaven Forever Remembered

Candelabras

Enjoy, Glo.

2. Funnel

Funnel Sweden Unleased - Special Contributor

Seamom, as Beryl said the first Sunday of Advent we light one light, the second Sunday we light two lights and so on.
    It can look like this:
    [​IMG]

As you can see there is sphagnum in the candlestick. I don’t know the reason for that but it’s very common to have that. I don’t have a candlestick this year. I’m afraid I will forget to blow out the candles and burn down my house (sooooo tired every morning)… :whistle:

This must be one of the biggest 4-light “candle sticksâ€:
    [​IMG]

I’m glad you enjoy seeing our decorations over here. Now I’m eager to see yours!

/Erik

3. Lurline63

Lurline63 Well-Known Member

Beautiful photos, Funnel. Thank you for sharing. I enjoy hearing (and seeing) how my friends decorate for the holiday.

4. GloBug

GloBug Senior Flea Coller Tester

gees, all my searching and I never thought to use THAT word! LOL! Thanks Mary Ann.

Love those pics Eric!

5. Jeanie

Jeanie Well-Known Member

Just beautiful

6. J.E. M.

J.E. M. Well-Known Member

Thanks for sharing your photos with us.

7. ShipMaven

ShipMaven Forever Remembered

Actually, I googled "7 light Swedish Advent candles", and found Nordic Connection.

8. randy

randy Well-Known Member

In our church, the four candles (one lit each Sunday of Advent) represent hope, peace, joy and love--in that order. The one representing "joy" is pink because you are being joyful at a time of solemnity. On Christmas Eve, we light the center, white candle because of the light coming into the world. While that's one church's (Fairview Baptist Church in old town Fredericksburg, VA--plug!) take on it, other churches use purple (or blue) to represent the color of the coming royalty and the third Sunday, pink for the aforementioned reason.
    More than you wanted to know?
    Merry Christmas all!

9. bob

bob Chief Engineer Staff Member

Just got through putting up my Christmas lights.........................

[​IMG]

10. Funnel

Funnel Sweden Unleased - Special Contributor

I don't know why, but all of a sudden I yearn for a reindeer steak... :biggrin:

Glo and randy, our 4 Advent candles over here are (almost) always white.
    As it is so dark outside we burn a lot of candles this time of year and it's common with green and red candles for Christmas.

/Erik