• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Like It, Hate It, Never Tried It Before

A

anton

Cooked cranberries, eh?

Love 'em, especially home-made cranberry jam.

Here's one fer you Smokey Mountain hill-folk:

Cathead biscuits, iron-skillet fried sugar-cured country ham, sawmill gravy (rendered out of the country ham grease) and a pot of horseshoe floatin' coffee straight from the blue spot coffee pot.

Beat that, why don'cha?

anton

C

Cruise cutie

anton..I am pure Yankee...born and raised BUT I lived down South almost 3 years a looongg time ago..what time you fixin to serve, cause baby I'm on my way..:grin.....

next.....

apple pumpkin custard crumble topped pie..a la mode....:grin

( I am making all of these next week that I type..:grin)........Joanne

J

Jill B

Beef tongue, so so. Mum used to make it when we were kids. Tongue sanwiches for school lunches.

Spinach quiche, yum.

Moreton Bay Bugs?

J

Jill B

Pig's feet, trotters, never tried them, and if they are as bad as pig's ears, YUK!
King cake =huh

Roo steak anyone?

C

conniecat

I guess I would try roo if I were starving on a desert island, one that just happened to have kangaroos.

How about my Dad's favorite, tomato soup cake?

J

jk

Yummm, if that is the one that ends up being a chocolate cake :grin

Okay, how about a

Chocolate Martini

C

cruisechick7

thank you jk! luv luv luv chocolate martinis!

bet you've never heard of this...unless you're filipino.

balut

G

GloBug

I do like filipino food, but I'm not familiar with that one.

Avocados (I had one boy friend many years ago who hated them, said they tasted like a mouthful of fat. I LOVE them!)

B

belgique

Gotta love the cannibal hamburger - we Belgians consider it a staple. Actually, nothing mentioned above goes into my "hate it" group - all sounds great.......however,

just can't get my taste buds around venison. Everyone says, "Yes, but you haven't had it the way I fix it", then I do, and I STILL hate it! City kid displaced to northern Michigan 30 years ago and still can't get the hang of venison.

Score: Everything you mentioned: love it!
Venison: hate it!

J

Jill B

Lisa, what is Sauerbraten? If it is like sauerkraut, YUM. Great with Kransky sausage. =bite

OK, how about wholegrain toast smeared with vegemite, and topped with grilled cheese, then a fried egg on top.

M

MoJo2Rusty

Sounds interesting. Never had it, but then I'm not real fond of the whole grain breads tosted.

Anyone every had scrapple?