Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest! Welcome to our forums!. We are glad you joined us. If you aren't a member already, please Sign Up! Today!

Linda "The Legend" please stay away!

Discussion in 'Carnival Cruise Lines' started by Sodey, Dec 29, 2004.

1. Sodey

Sodey Guest

I am so glad this person wasn't on my cruise!

I'm glad she lives in Vegas. Any closer than 2,000 miles away would be too close for me!

2. tutak

tutak Guest

It's a good thing that your ship sunk or she probably would be booking with you.

3. H2O babe

H2O babe Guest

While I must admit that everybody is entitled to their opinion, it would be my greatest wish to never be on board the same ship as this woman.

4. Right about now I would think that ANY ship would be looking pretty good if I were in Las Vegas...............
    (lots of rain & flooding there, in case you were sleeping)

:)

Everyone is entitled to an opinion but geeeeeez.
    Read the other review of the Legend that was actually after her cruise and you get an entire different story.

I wonder if people think that they can deter others from certain cruise lines/ships by being that negative & biased in their review.

For us it was the exact opposite.

After reading many bad reviews on Carnival we took a chance and tried them last year.
    We had such a great time that when we returned we booked another even longer Carnival cruise!

5. mlzangel78

mlzangel78 Guest

While I certainly agree with LInda on the level of service , and entertainment, as we were just on the fascination, and though we had a nice vacation, it was our second cruise with carnival and our last, I had a wonderful vacation as vacation is what you make of it, but i do have to agree the blaring radio on the lido deck, and the wait staff in the dining room need 300% improvement. I dont care for the radio on the lido deck, none of the bars were open the entire cruise, which was kinda odd, and its the second time we ave had to say its not the funship. However , she states there were no welcome baskets of fruits and flowers,,,, well theres no baskets on princess either , so unless she wants to buck of for crystal cruises , or windjammer to get teh Personzlized service it seems she was intent on receiving, than i dont think shell be happy on any cruise lines she sails on, theres no need to be that miserable, sure you spent a lot of money but come on , your eating your not cooking or cleaning, and your on vacation, HOW BAD COULD IT BE??

6. Ken_2001

Ken_2001 Guest

Ok , here my first reaction....

I think she's running a slight =sick

furthermore.. :devil :flog :hammer:sniper:puke:pistols :devil :flog :hammer:sniper:puke:pistols :devil :flog :hammer:sniper:puke:pistols :devil :flog :hammer:sniper:puke:pistols

Here's where I chime in :grin Carnival Legend is my favorite ship. Many inconsistancies and untruths. One that sticks out in my mind is, she states that the dining room is not meant to accomodate the entire ship. EH! GONG! Righto!! honey! this is why we have two seatings, not to mention you have an assigned table. She coudln't find a seat!!! :lol:lol:lol:lol:lol

7. Lisa

Lisa Guest

I will admit to having two Carnival cruises under my belt. And I will also admit that the Fantasy was my worst cruise. The Legend was the second Carnival cruise I took - 11 years later and older. While it was a great improvement on my first Carnival cruise, it just was not my cup of tea, but I did have a very good time! I found the staff very friendly (but again, I treated them with respect) and the food was good - not great, but good ( I didn't go hungry so that says something.) Ken and the others hit it right on the head with the dining room - uh, honey, there are TWO seatings!!!!!!!! And if you were so upset at the poor service, why not go to David's every night (did you notice she did not mention the upscale alternative???)

Princess and Celebrity are more my speed and I have stated in the past that Carnival is not my cup of tea, but this review really reeks of attitude and snobbery. Both accidents she had could easily have been her fault (who is to say SHE didn't make that sudden turn and run into a server - and then the server was so flabbergasted and shocked that they couldn't respond with the appropriate subservience to the reviewer?) I will thank my lucky stars that I have not run into this person on any of my cruises......yet!

8. mlzangel78

mlzangel78 Guest

theres a huge thread over on the commm board as well...

I didnt catch on that shes in real estate, but I must say being on the other end of that stick as an insurance agent, were all a dime a dozen , and unless she gets her nose out the air, she wont be selling any houses to any one, cause i can bet my bottom dollar, if she selling million dollar homes THE Clients are wanting her to kiss THEIR ASSES !!!! And god forbid she makes a mistake she can kiss that 6% COMMISION goodbye. The real estate business much like insurance dpends on friendly demeanor, and a can do attitude,,and a personal commitment to your client,, i dont see that coming across in her posts at all

9. Ken_2001

Ken_2001 Guest

Well said Mellissa. Really. The word snob comes to mind.

10. cruise-girl

cruise-girl Guest

I read that awful review and all I have to say is...if you can write in such detailed about your bad encounters...you spent to much time focusing on the wrong thing!! Oh and remember...people react to the aura you project. If you project it.....it will come back to you twice as hard.

These employee's are doing there job, even if it means pushing the fru fru drinks...all you have to do is say no thank you and move on!

11. lainie

lainie Guest

HOLD IT!! :mad Hubby and I are into Real Estate and that has NOTHING to do with ANYTHING! Let me tell you that every year we sail on Carnival as part of a group of over 400 real estate investors at the National Real Estate Investors Association Annual Cruise Extravaganza. These are a group of extremely successful people but none of them are as pardon me -- Snobbish-- as this person. We were just on the Legend last year and LOVED it! Going on the Conquest in February for our 6th year in a row. These investors are smart and know how to negotiate and get a good value. So why are WE booking Carnival every year for this event as opposed to other cruise lines?? No answer needed, it's obvious.

12. Sharkin

Sharkin Guest

Lisa,
    Didn't she mention that the alternative restaurant, The Golden Fleece, was to her liking??

13. mlzangel78

mlzangel78 Guest

Lanie, i think you must have misread my post i did not say antything bad about being a realestate agent, please re read it

14. jimlinalf

jimlinalf Guest

She did sound like she loved to see how high she could stick her big nose up in the air. Seems that a professional like Linda would have done her homework and taken one of the ritzier cruises to satisfy her very demanding needs and wants.

Jim

15. MikeNBec

MikeNBec Guest

Sorta reminds me of when someone posts something about wanting to know where topless/clothing optional beaches are located and people HAVE to post how much they don't think thats "proper". If you don't like it, DON'T GO. But how miserable of a person must you be to HAVE to post a response just knocking the person posting?
    And I have a saying..........there are people who, if given a million dollars, would complain because the money was dirty. I'm sure we all have read posts from people on this site who fit the billl....

(by the way, lainie......over FOUR HUNDRED real estate people and NONE of 'em are snobs....wow!)

16. Camelia

Camelia Guest

LInda certainly seems very snooty. But I guess we all experience cruises differently, and I certainly have enjoyed some more than others. I have to admit I did not care very much for our experience on the Sensation, but 3 months later I took Carnival again.

17. Cori

Cori Guest

It's sad that some people go on vacation with such high standards that they set themselves up for disappointment-- I'm sure she would have found fault on ANY cruise she went on. I mean, come on-- you're on VACATION, for goshsakes. And besides, I've only been on one cruise and even I, having done minimal homework, knew that Carnival is not known for its high degree of elegance, so what was she expecting? Despite that, we cruised on the Miracle for our honeymoon a couple of months ago and had a wonderful time. It is what you make it, you know? ANY vacation is better than going to work and doing the dishes and laundry and stuff every day! :)

18. lainie

lainie Guest

AMEN! :angel

19. Ken_2001

Ken_2001 Guest

Well said cory! :thumb

20. fastscot

fastscot Guest

We have 11 cruises under our belt and we enjoyed every one of them including 5 with Carnival, 5 with Royal Caribbean and 1 with Princess. While we never had any negative experiences on the 7 day cruises with Carnival, we would not recommend a weekend cruise with Carnival, especially for first time cruisers looking for an elegant experience. Although we did make some friends on the ship, the behaviour of most of the passengers was pretty unruly with lots of drunks and the crew just didn't seem to care. Almost no one dressed up for formal night (jeans and T-shirts appeared to be acceptable) but the food wasn't too bad and the cabin steward was good. IMHO Carnival have lowered their standards on the short cruises and don't really care any more as long as they can fill a ship and maximize profits by filling the passengers full of drinks at high prices! Cori is right - a cruise vacation is what you make of it. No cruise vacation will ever be absolutely perfect so just go with the flow and enjoy yourself.