Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest! Welcome to our forums!. We are glad you joined us. If you aren't a member already, please Sign Up! Today!

Lindas Review excerpts, just a few notes here....

Discussion in 'Carnival Cruise Lines' started by mlzangel78, Dec 31, 2004.

1. mlzangel78

mlzangel78 Guest

1. "The doorway to the balcony, however, was not a sliding glass door thereby eliminating the option of sleeping with the door open denying us the pleasure of listening to the sounds of the ocean anytime we were in our rooms."

Answer-

Perhaps a newbie to the boards, there have been extensive talks on bungee cords, and wether doors are sliding or not,,, more research should have been done... Carnival did not deny her pleasure she simply was lacking the means to keep the door open...

2."Despite having booked two balcony cabins, we were assigned to this sub-standard seating. At our request, we did manage to be reseated the following evening to more superior location. "

Answer, umm since when did cabin asignment dictate dining room seating?? More research would have showed her that she should have gone to the dining room and reuested prior to dining her table be switched if possible,,, ummm more superior location,,, Just where might that be ????

3. "The only free alternative dining was provided on the Lido deck where cafeteria style dining awaited! I refrain from calling this “buffet style†as calling the Unicorn Café a buffet would be an insult to any genuine buffet offered on the Las Vegas strip. The atmosphere, quality of food and despair of the employees made this a place I chose to avoid as much as possible."

Answer- she uses the word FREE alot, mainly making me thing that she is EXPECTING wolfgand puck seated beside her at all times to dote on her hand and foot,,, theres pizza sandwhiches, and the whole purpose of the LIDO BUFFETS is exactly that, a buffet.... ya know trays, pick your own food eat when ya want, I have been on 2 carnival ship and have yet to see trays, but perhaps this is something new

4. "Finally, one additional restaurant, the Golden Fleece, was available in the evenings for an additional $25 per person per meal. This restaurant was the only dining on the ship that met our expectations. The service and quality of food were very good. "

Answer- again small venue less people more waitstaff, being wined and dined... im wondering at this point if her young children really cared how their Dining expirience was??

5."This particular pool area waiter was carrying a tray of fruity welcome aboard drinks when he made an abrupt 180 degree turn thrusting himself directly into our oncoming path"

Answer- this happens all the time, in malls in grocery stores, heck probably in your own house in the morning when everyones racing to get out the door.... my husband is constantly spilling his coffee,,, thus the phrase ACCIDENTS HAPPEN...

6. "my daughter was forced to ask if we could use one of the towels to wipe ourselves. Still without a word, he finally handed us a towel. "

Answer... who FORCED this poor helpless child to ask for a towel,,, furthermore why did mom not have more sense to ask for it HERSELF, thus eliminating having to hold a gun to her childs head while she was FORCED for asking for one

7."As we were aimlessly searching for a place to sit, much to horror, my huge tray caught the edge of the protruding window frames and slammed into the floor"

Answer- Aimlessly?? was she in the dessert come on the buffet is NOT that big, and guess what , theres even seating outside, which would have been nice since she was denied hearing the ocean in her cabin,,, also her huge tray?? what are they perhaps maybe about a foot long, she wasnt paying attention, becasue she was too busy aimlessy walking around

8."One morning, at the excursion desk, quite a few customers were discussing what alternatives might be available since their excursions were being cancelled due to poor weather. We were among those persons. We discussed the alternative tours which were still available and asked for a few minutes to consult with the children. The staff reassured us that taking a few minutes would be no problem. When we returned 10 minutes later, the desk was closed! A ship with superior customer service, out of courtesy for the guests, would have remained open extended hours (or minutes) due to the large volume of passengers being inconvenienced but the Legend employees would never provide anything more than the absolute minimum standards"

Answer... Ive already touched on the consulting the children thing,, and like i said IM the parent so it wont happen in my house, however there are signs that if you take 5 minutes to read would have told her that shore excursions had also been purchased form the Pursers desk?? How bout that?

9."In conclusion, the Carnival Legend is a ship which will please only those with minimal standards"

Answer.... Are ya kidding ME!!!! she is just about as rude as you can get,,, some of us dont go on vacation without our personal servants :) for those of us that do , dare i say ,,,try to have a good time without someone doing it for us, im glad she wont be sailing carnival again ")

2. mr jimmy

mr jimmy Guest

I also have a few comments - thanks to Melissa for itemizing.

1. The door - On our first cruise, we did not know about bungee cords, etc., but we improvised, overcame, and adapted by finding a suitable wedge to keep the door open. No big deal.
    2. We were in one of the "Owners Suites" on the Inspiration and were seated with two other couples at some place in the dining room, seemingly at random choice, and thoroughly enjoyed it. No big deal.
    3. Buffet dining - all I can say about this is: Having been to Las Vegas many times, I can only refer to the LV buffet quality by a line from "Eddie" from "National Lampoons Las Vegas Vacation".
    '...........I'll have some of the blue stuff' and .....' the bread pudding looks extra-runny tonight'
    4. Alternative dining - No comment - We will try "The Point" on the Conquest in Jan.
    5. Drink waiter running into them - Laugh, clean up, and move on. Life's too short.
    6. See no. 5 above.
    7. Dropping the tray of food - Sounds like Apocalypse Now. "...the Horror............the Horror" George Carlin, God bless him, would have a few wise comments about this. I won't touch it.
    8. Excursion desk problem - We have had excursions cancelled and did not look to Carnival for rescue. There are plenty of shore venues. As far as consulting the children..........ho ho, hoo hoo, hee hee. The last time we were in Grand Cayman, the Nautilus submarine had blown an o-ring or something, so we had to find something else to do. No big deal.
    9. Minimal standards - Horse manure. We always book Cat. 12 on Carnival, which is a big room, and that's all we expect, other than an opportunity to have a "fun time on the Fun Ship". I can't believe someone is so locked up on false expectations. It's as though they had tunnel vision from viewing too many "Love Boat" episodes. ".............Gopher!! get a towel for Ms Muckenfutch immediately."

3. Ken_2001

Ken_2001 Guest

Mellisa.. Wow!! I really applaud you. That didn't take no five minutes either. :lol That I know took you a long time. wonderful work. {{clap clap clap clap}}. I love her use of words too. I mentioned somewhere, snobbish comes to mind

"sleeping with the door open denying us the pleasure of listening to the sounds of the ocean anytime we were in our rooms."

Poppycock. So theatrical. Give me a break.

Here, here's another one.....

."As we were aimlessly searching for a place to sit, much to horror, my huge tray caught the edge of the protruding window frames and slammed into the floor"

Well slap the face of a buckeyed chicken. :lol Gee wilikers!

If I may quote another?

She says something about THRUSTING... AH! here it is!!

."This particular pool area waiter was carrying a tray of fruity welcome aboard drinks when he made an abrupt 180 degree turn thrusting himself directly into our oncoming path"

{{more theatrics.}}

More points..

Answer, umm since when did cabin asignment dictate dining room seating?? More research would have showed her that she should have gone to the dining room and reuested prior to dining her table be switched if possible,,, ummm more superior location,,, Just where might that be ????

Mellissa.. let's put her on top of the funnel on the left wing. That should be a nice place.

Mr. Jimmy.. I couldn't agree with you more....quite enjoyable reading.. Thank you! :thumb

4. mlzangel78

mlzangel78 Guest

There have been so many posts about this particular review, i feel sorry for the woman that she had such a terrible vacation, but ya know what i just came back from the fascination 3 weeks ago, none of the bars except for 1 was open, the cabin was clean, but there were very big signs of wear and tear, and to boot, i washed some things in the washer that i shouldnt have and shrank half my wardrobe, dinner service was lousy....and guess what I STILL HAD A GREAT TIME, ya know why, life is too short to be miserable, and i thank god every day i have the money to go on vacation, be it 1 a year or 3 cruises this past year that i have been fortunate enough to take.

I honestly cant see, how having your breakfast delivered, your bed made for you everyday, you get to leave your dishes on the table, and not get up and wash them, people running around like crazy to get you drinks, 5 course dinners are served to you as you order them and man,,, you get choices!!!! chocolates on your pillows at night,,,, Ill tell ya , if you cant enjoy that , you just about probably cant enjoy anything, and I feel bad for people like that, like i said lifes to short to be miserable. And if life is what you make it, and you make it miserable and can always find fault in something, then ya know what ,,, its your own damn fault :)

Sorry for the rant i just felt perhaps i needed to stick in my 2cents again :), plus im bored and DH is snoring :)

5. Ken_2001

Ken_2001 Guest

Amen!

6. WOW!
    What can you say about this? If I said that I would get reported. Shucks. I know this is an old post but I just got to it. ............... ............ ............ ...........speechless. I am glad I never read the whole review. This was just enough to show me how some (explitive) people can be. For those of you who wrote here.........YOU SAID IT.
    I hope this person is not on my cruise date. Oh yeah, they probably refered to it as a "boat" too, did'nt they.

7. Ken_2001

Ken_2001 Guest

:lol AF.. old posts never die, especially this one! :nono I invite you to read it. It's by LInda and her review of Carnival Legend. Get out a bag of Orville Redenbachers and enjoy! :lol

8. Nanni-B.

Nanni-B. Guest

What an ugly review! I guess I won't have to worry about having her at my table for dinner......she must have seen the movie Titanic one too many times....GEEZ!

9. I know I just commented on this but.........
    Against my own better jujdgement I went and read the whole review. I just have one thing to say.
    Not once was there mention of dear old hubby. Hmmm.....think about that.

10. Ken_2001

Ken_2001 Guest

:lol Yes.. good point..No mention at all! :nono

11. Poor hubby probably threw himself off the ship......

12. lionfanca

lionfanca Guest

where is this review... i need a laugh... what ship?

13. lizardstew

lizardstew Guest

Carnival Legend, I believe.

14. nimbex

nimbex Guest

I had read the review and sent it to even my non cruising buddies for the biggest laugh.

Linda,,,,, Linda where are you???

Haven't noticed her on the boards? Anyone else..... ?

Now people like her may upset some.... I would pee in my pants laughing at her snobbish hysterics if I crossed her path on a cruise.... might just follow around for a bit and enjoy the entertainment..... poor kids. I was kinda hoping that this was a troll review and no poor child had to live with such a horses patootie.

still smiling, remembering her post, maybe they could sell this piece of work at the art auction.

15. mlzangel78

mlzangel78 Guest

thanks all for enjoying my post, ofcourse i meant no ill will to linda but comeon!!!! It amazaes me just how picky people are, i dont care just get me on vacation ill find a good time, i dont think linda would know a good time if it bit her in her a&&^( retentive hiney :)

16. joanpav

joanpav Guest

Do any of you remember the Carnival Legend review 04/07/04 ? Pity Charles appeared to be married because he and Linda would really hit it off! OMG...I love match making.

:CAN

17. Ken_2001

Ken_2001 Guest

Yes indeed.. it was the review on Carnival Legend by Linda. I don't believe you guys would have to go back that far in our reviews section. Melissa.. this post is coming back to life! Good stuff! ":thumb.

joan.. :lol Mel.. :lol

18. mlzangel78

mlzangel78 Guest

thanks ken:),,, much better than reliving jesters posts ha???? LOL

19. Ken_2001

Ken_2001 Guest

:spank :lol

20. lizardstew

lizardstew Guest

I tell ya....some people just amaze me.

On my last cruise, onboard the Mariner of the Seas, I had returned to the ship early on one of the port days. I was enjoying lunch at the buffet in the Windjammer one day, which was jampacked with food of all kinds. This older gentleman (and I use the term "gentleman" loosely) was standing at the carving station. He looks down, sees the sign that says "corned beef" but notices that the platter is empty. He says "I'd like some corned beef.....where's the corned beef.....THE CORNED BEEF?" The attendant who was working that station ever so politely said "I'm sorry Sir, but we're out of corned beef today." The man looks at the attendent incredulously, gives him a dirty look and says, "Where's your manager? I want to speak with your manager."

OMG! GIVE ME A BREAK! You are surrounded by food and you're gonna hem and haw about no corned beef??? I looked up and said, "Are you kidding?" which got me a dirty look too.

Some people are just destined to be miserable no matter what. =shrug