Live From Crystal Symphony

S

ShipMaven

Sunday - March 8

Well...not quite. I'm at the Doubletree Cabrillo Marina in San Pedro after an uneventful flight on US Airways from Phoenix to LAX. Service on the plane was excellent. We pulled away from the gate a few minutes early and landed at LAX early after a smooth flight. Didn't have to wait for a gate to open up either. Phoenix Sky Harbor was jammed - Spring Break. Took over an hour from the time I was dropped off curbside to when I finally got to the gate. HA HA to those who said I didn't need to be there 2 hours early. As everybody knows, traffic is always an issue in Los Angeles. It took a bit over 30 minutes from airport to hotel with no traffic delays. Always allow sufficient time from port to airport because you never know what surprises the 405 and Harbor Freeways might hold.

The behemoth Mariner of the Seas is in port today.

Behave yourselves. Again, thank you for all the good wishes.

My plan is to post to this thread as the days roll on.....

M

maw

Looking forward to you daily entries. Helps me thru cruise depression. Have a great trip.

S

ShipMaven

Shall do - I've got my Notebook (nicknamed "Mutt" open on the desk as I work.

Mariner of the Seas just completed her lifeboad muster - heard the "all clear" signal. :grin

C

Charles

Does Mutt like scritches too?

:)

Enjoy. I'll look forward to your postings.

charles

D

Donna - dsw

How wonderful and what a way to keep notes on your trip.

Thanks so much for sharing with us - glad you had a smooth flight and connections thus far. Enjoy and keep us posted.

S

ShipMaven

Charles - I'll give this Mutt little scritches so it will behave during my trip. This is its first journey. :)

Donna - thank you!

Thanks, Debbie. I hope so, too!!!

As I continue working at my desk, I just watched Mariner o/t Seas sail by. Yes, I took a couple of photos but have no way to upload until I return home. I must say she has beautiful lines for a modern ship!

C

Cruise cutie

Hey Paesana=love... Happy sails, glad to see you post, Hope Mutt behaves..and we'll stay in touch..=hug Joanne and Mark

S

ShipMaven

Thank you, Jacquie (HAPPY BIRTHDAY :party), and thank you, Joanne & Mark. I shall indeed have a frozen thingy or two or...... :grin And I'll toast Cruise @ddicts. :cheers

J

JANPEP

Thanks for the update, glad thinks are going good so far.
Looking forward to more updates, like Maw said it helps the post cruise depression.
Have a great cruise.

S

sage

Bon Voyage Mary Ann. We sure wish that we were sailing with you. I'm looking forward to your postings.

S

ShipMaven

Thank you again for all the good wishes. They're certainly appreciated.

This morning's earlier-than-the-crack-of-dawn report - I watched Crystal Symphony sail in towards the harbor shortly after 6:00am. :thumb Today will be a very busy day for me, so I'm not sure if I can report anything else. I'll try.

=hug