Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest! Welcome to our forums!. We are glad you joined us. If you aren't a member already, please Sign Up! Today!

Live From Crystal Symphony

Discussion in 'Know Before You Go' started by ShipMaven, Mar 8, 2009.

1. Calgon1

Calgon1 Guest

Have been really enjoying the reports. Will miss them.

2. Charles

Charles Guest

Hong Kong weather

Thursday (today) 60% rain, mid 70's
    Friday (tomorrow) 50% rain and thunder, upper 70's
    Saturday 40% rain, mid 70's

c

3. The Cruiser

The Cruiser Guest

Likes the idea of Crystal getting your luggage and bringing it to your Post-Hotel. :thumb to Crystal. Have a =goodnight ShipMaven.

4. GloBug

GloBug Guest

Thank you so much for taking the time to paint such fantastic pictures for us. I've had a wonderful cruise and a fantastic time. Have great fun in Hong Kong!

5. audrey

audrey Guest

Mary Ann sorry to hear that they seas are starting up again but as you said that is part of cruising I have loved all your reports and can't wait to see the pictures when you get back.

6. BSeabob

BSeabob Guest

Hi Mary Ann

Just got caught up after out trip on the [size=x-large]"BIG"[/size] ship :) and you are getting off also. Talk soon.

7. TexasSue

TexasSue Guest

Again MaryAnn can't tell you how much I've enjoyed your posts about the cruise and will anxiously await your postings about Hong Kong with all the photos to come.
    I too understand about you missing Pucci. I have a short 7 day coming up in a couple of weeks and this will be the first time away from my two new babbies. Hope they do well.

8. Snowblower

Snowblower Guest

Mary Ann,
    Really enjoyed your posts and happy to see you have had such a wonderful time. You bring us great pleasure with your work so I am glad to see that you can enjoy some of it yourself. Don't know if you will have internet once you land so if you don't, please take care and have a safe journey home. Can't wait to see the pics of your trip.

9. Judi

Judi Guest

Sis, I've thoroughly enjoyed your journal. Hopefully, we'll get to sail with you on a Crystal cruise in the future.

Have a safe trip home and please let me know when you arrive....after you've finished smothering my little Romeo with kissies! :grin :grin :grin :grin

10. ShipMaven

ShipMaven Guest

Thank you so much for your kind comments.

The seas whipped up a bit yesterday around the time of afternoon tea, then again at bedtime - but more on that later.

The Captain's Farewell began the evening's festivities. After going through the receiving line, I spied most of out table sitting at the bar in the Starlight Club...and I joined them. Of course, drinks are complimentary during these events, and while I was drinking my virgin frozen strawberry daiquiri, I could observe the bartenders pouring drinks - we're not talking bar brands, we're talking the finest brands being pour liberally. Not just a jigger-full, but glasses filled when appropriate to do so. When the Captain gave his farewell speech and statistics, we learned we've sailed 1/3 the circumference of the Earth. He presented the Employee of the Month her citation and award to a hearty round of applause. We also learned through someone else that this new Captain makes it a point to seek out a crewmember on his or her birthday to wish them happy birthday. The crew love that!

Captain's Dinner was again one of those where many items looked so tempting. But I began with my usual caviar, followed by a tasty salad, and for my entree (difficult to select from wonderful choices) I chose King crab legs, crab cake and soft shell crab with drawn butter. They were delicious! The two gentlemen on either side of me opted for Beef Wellington. One one who wanted it rare got it rare, the one who wanted it medium rare received his as ordered. Dessert was to die for - a very fluffy merangue whose name escapes me now - it was specially prepared by our Table Captain.

After dinner, others head to the production show, Envelope Please. while I headed back to my stateroom. With the ship rolling/pitching in the afternoon, I'm pretty sure I've injured THE knee. :( I'll have the doctor check it out this morning. We'll see.

And now...off to packing. It's a grey, dreary day with plenty of "white horses" on the ocean.

11. GloBug

GloBug Guest

Oh no, I hope your knee is ok, and won't be painful and impact the rest of your "vacation." It does sound like this was a memorable cruise, I know it was for me!

12. Charles

Charles Guest

I hope the knees are ok SM

c

13. The Cruiser

The Cruiser Guest

ShipMaven, my advice, go see the doctor in the morning. Please, with King Crabs on it?

Round 6 of the White Horses. =eek

Glad your enjoyed the Captians Dinner, which I gained 5lbs just reading the Dinner Menu. =eek Enjoy the last day and half your cruise.

14. ShipMaven

ShipMaven Guest

Went to the ship's Doctor this morning - he feels I may have a torn ligament. :( He did not recommend my touring in Hong Kong, so I cancelled my private tour. :( My sweetheart of a Stewardess will help me pack - FIRST TIME I've ever had to do that.

Thank you for your concern.

BTW, the "white horses" on the ocean keep galloping. ;) And the weekend weather for Hong Kong continues to be WET, with t-storms.:(

15. Snowblower

Snowblower Guest

Mary Ann, Please take care of the knee =hug. The wife is freaking out about you going to the ship's doc.......her advise is ice, motrin and elevation until you can see the bone doc when you get home. Is it the knee cap issue again, just curious....

16. GloBug

GloBug Guest

Oh no. Gees, I am sorry to hear this. You don't want to be going out if the weather is bad. Can you rent a scooter for the time you are there? You could at least get around the hotel, and places you need to be.

BTW, it doesn't have to be as souped up as Paws...

17. Cruise cutie

Cruise cutie Guest

=eek I am with Empress Deb, sigh. you need your Orthopod there WITH you..=hugs..
    please be especially careful..and ease up, and um maybe make an appt NOW for when you are Home..??!!??..just a thought,
    and BTW it's a serious thought the Boys ...as in Mark, and Mike, and Deb & I seal you in big tufts of Bubble Wrap for Sea Quack..you are warned!!..:(..:kisses..Joanne

18. audrey

audrey Guest

sorry to hear about your knee take it easy you have more cruises coming up soon and you need to be in great shape for them. I have enjoyed hearing everything about your Trip I myself would love to take a cruise with almost all sea days but the bad seas would not fun. Safe trip home.

19. ShipMaven

ShipMaven Guest

I have a lot of problems accessing C@, so please forgive me if I'm not replying to everything. It's not the internet connection, it''s strictling accessing C@, replying to messages, navigating from one forum to another. :(

I've requested a wheelchair for tomorrow morning, which I hated to do. Ibuprofen finally kicked in a bit - while I was also prescribed stronger stuff, I really hate to use it.

Two Stewardesses came to help pack, and it was done in a flash. I still have a few things to add, but the major work is done - bless them.

If anyone is looking at the bridge cam, the seas are very rough (following seas), yet there's barely any motion on the ship. We're handling the seas extremely well. :thumb

While I'm thinking of it, I'm not sure if I'll have internet access while in Hong Kong, so.....

Charles, if you're reading this, a lot of people would appreciate your magic wand to create nice weather once we dock tomorrow! ;)

20. Charles

Charles Guest

Mary Ann, Do Take Care. Traveling w/ injuries is not good!

HONG KONG weather according to the Weather Underground

Friday
    Rain. High: 73 °F . Wind East 11 mph . Chance of precipitation 70% (water equivalent of 0.40 in).

Friday Night
    Chance of Rain. Partly Cloudy. Low: 64 °F . Wind ENE 8 mph . Chance of precipitation 30% (water equivalent of 0.02 in).

Saturday
    Chance of a Thunderstorm. Scattered Clouds. High: 80 °F . Wind SSW 11 mph . Chance of precipitation 50% (water equivalent of 0.12 in).

Saturday Night
    Chance of Rain. Scattered Clouds. Low: 62 °F . Wind North 8 mph . Chance of precipitation 20% (water equivalent of 0.01 in).

Sunday
    Chance of Rain. Scattered Clouds. High: 68 °F . Wind North 20 mph . Chance of precipitation 40% (water equivalent of 0.08 in).

Sunday Night
    Chance of Rain. Partly Cloudy. Low: 57 °F . Wind NE 17 mph . Chance of precipitation 30% (water equivalent of 0.02 in).

Monday
    Chance of Rain. Partly Cloudy. High: 69 °F . Wind NNE 15 mph . Chance of precipitation 30% (water equivalent of 0.03 in).