• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Live From Crystal Symphony

N

nieciez

Oh Mary Ann....I am so sorry to hear you re-injuried your knee and will have to miss out on your private tour. Take it easy and I hope it isn't too serious.

S

ShipMaven

Charles - thank you. Just so there aren't t-storms when I fly Sunday night!

And to my other friends, I can only baby the knee. Of course, I've been babying it since 2007! But I feel like it's back to Square One.

Erratic seas are part of any crossing - yes, we've had some heavy seas (we have motion now), but we take it in stride - THE MOTION OF THE OCEAN!

Internet service is "unstable" as the computer lab states, but if I can get on later, I'll write another report.

Sincere thanks for your concern. Your good thoughts will be appreciated. =hug

C

Corky

Shipmaven - safe travels home, and I hope you get to at least enjoy your short trip to Hong Kong. I am so sorry about your knee - not a good way to end such a fabulous cruise. Take care. =hug

T

The Cruiser

ShipMaven, I'm glad you went to see the ship's dr. Please make a appt with your dr when you arrive home. Please, with King Crabs on it? :thumb up to the Stewardesses who came to help you pack. Very sweet of them.

J

JANPEP

Oh Mary Ann so sorry to hear about your knee, not a good way to end a wonderful cruise. That was nice that the stewardesses helped you pack that always such a hard job.
I have enjoyed every minute of the cruise with you & the food has been great, I think I have gained at least 6 lbs. Thanks for taking the time out of you busy days for updating us.
Soory that you had to cancel your tour in Hong Kong.
Have safe travels home.

T

Tobyn

Mary Ann, I am terribly sorry to hear about your knee. I do hope whatever has to be done to it does not force you to cancel the Sea Quack. Bummer you have to forgo your tour in Hong Kong. Glad you enjoyed your crossing in spite of the knee. Have a safe and uneventful flight home.

Thank you for taking us with you on this cruise through your posts.

M

MARIPOSA

Mary Ann, best wishes on your remaining travel time. I know how awkward it can be learning to navigate a new contraption.
But once you get the hang of it hope you feel comfortable with your new mode of ambulating.
Hugs Ronda who is still learning how to use my trusted walker when I feel light headed.

T

TexasSue

MaryAnn = Please take care and be careful of the knee. Here's hoping it gets better and doesn't give you much trouble on the way home. I'm so sorry you had to cancel your Hong Kong tour but your knee must come first. Hope you get good news regarding it when you get home.

J

Judi

Sis, if the knee is "barking" too much, take the Vicodin....that's what he gave it to you for!

I'm sorry the cruise is ending on a bad note. Please continue to baby the knee until you get home and have it looked at.

BTW, there is NO backing out of Sea Quack for you. I refuse to celebrate my 60th without both of my Sisters there!!!

G

gram

:wave :wave :wave

Mary Ann, so sorry to hear about your knee hurting. I hope you don't have alot of trouble (pain) when trying to fly home. When you do get home make sure you go to the doctor. You have to be well for our Duckie cruise. What good is a duckie cruise without Mama Duck!!!!!!! We need you!

T

The Cruiser

We are all concerend about ShipMaven knee. {{ShipMaven}} Praying that ShipMaven hopefully make to her next cruise in 44 days aboard the Sapphire Princess/Wino Cruise.

C

Cruise cutie

Fly safe, please Baby that knee Home, and Ay yi yi..I'm yanking rope that it won't take more than prayers to Mend that Barking knee better..but having known you, and that knee, and what we have discussed you tabled..:evil..I shan't bet my folks Farm I win cherries on this one!!..Smooch..Joanne and Mark...sigh...

S

Snowblower

The Cruiser said:
We are all concerend about ShipMaven knee. {{ShipMaven}} Praying that ShipMaven hopefully make to her next cruise in 44 days aboard the Sapphire Princess/Wino Cruise.
I am worried too but we all will keep our fingers crossed for Mary Ann. I am working the alternatives on how I will get to Scottsdale and personally ensure she will be on the Sapphire/Wino cruise in May!!!!

C

Calgon1

Mama Duck,

Please take it easy with the knee. We need you up and about (full mobility) for the Duck Crew. Globug is totally out of control, and we could all use the firm grip on her leash that only you can provide. Failing that, it will be a matter of copious amounts of frozen-thingies, duct tape, and some other restraints we have in the inventory (although we are hesitant to use the ropes, as she appears to enjoy them way too much ...)!

Hurry home. Safely, please. We miss you!

R

reggae

Dear Mary Ann, just now finished catching up on this post, and I'm so sorry to hear about your knee problems. I don't know if you will see this post before your trip home, but could you see about getting an ice-pack for the trip home on the plane? And then, keep some ice (from the F/A) on the knee. It would help keep the swelling down some. Just a thought....

Reading about your cruise has been great! Almost like being there, loved the travelogue :)

Prayers for a smooth trip home, and hugs for Pucci, too...

G

GloBug

Kiefer has been communicating with Pucci, so the Dearly Beloved Prince now knows about your knee. He's expecting you to take it easy when you get home, and he promises to fetch your slippers and a hot cuppa tea when you snap your fingers. At least, that's what he says... Take things slowly and we'll hear from you when you are able to check in. ((((Mary Ann))))