Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest! Welcome to our forums!. We are glad you joined us. If you aren't a member already, please Sign Up! Today!

Living in Florida and Cruising...

Discussion in 'Carnival Cruise Lines' started by itza my party, Mar 12, 2004.

1. Anyone else lucky enough to live in south florida AND going on a cruise soon?
    We are sailing on the Imagination on 3/25 and the idea of just hopping in the car and being there in an hour is a major blast!!!!
    What do ya'll think????

2. jimlinalf

jimlinalf Guest

We are at the northern end of the state, Jacksonville, and have a 30 minute drive to the port facilities.... only 13 more days till our cruise.

Jim

3. diverdiver

diverdiver Guest

Florida residents often get "residents" discounts during low travel season, and many times they're pretty good!! Sigh.

4. megamind

megamind Guest

I guess I am the closest so far. I live 15 min. from Port Canaveral. We enjoy going down to the jetty and watching the ships leave. I'm going to get a cruise addict banner so we can give the addicts a proper send-off. 9 cruises and counting.

Megamind :newbie

:wave from :FL

5. voss749

voss749 Guest

What is the low travel season for cruising?

6. lizardstew

lizardstew Guest

Probably during hurricane season....September - December?

7. beccabt

beccabt Guest

I live an hour and a half from Tampa and we leave from there 5-23 I CAN"T WAIT

8. voss749

voss749 Guest

I live in south florida and am going on the Paradise on March 21.

9. Camelia

Camelia Guest

We live in Tallahassee, about 4 hrs from Port Canaveral or Tampa. Leaving next Sat on the Glory. Since I am scared of flying, that is so great. Jacksonville would even be closer.

10. mike-suz

mike-suz Guest

We live 45 minutes from the port of Tampa. Last September we got an email from Carnival. 5 nights on the Sensation departing in about 10 days.... $179 per person.
    I told Suzanne "START PACKING.... we're going on a cruise!"
    Living close to the ports makes last minute cruising a breeze and we just love it!

11. ozzy

ozzy Guest

We live 20 minutes from Port Everglades. We're fortunate enough to go last minute on "residents only" cruise bargains. We tend to take 3 or 4 day cruises every other month. See you on the Imagination next week.

12. marleejean

marleejean Guest

I'm envious as all get out!!!!!! Hope I can talk DH into moving to Florida when he retires. Fat chance, but worth the try???? I like the idea of cruising every other month....sigh

13. Cruzmama59

Cruzmama59 Guest

ozzy ,& itza my party,,

ok neighbors, where do you live????
    I am in Pembroke Pines all the way west.....

And the best time I found a good deal on cruising is the first week or two in Dec. or as they say after Thanksgiving and before Xmas.
    My last cruise (Dec) we had celebrate both Channuka and Xmas on the ship, and it was beautiful....and this cruise on the Spirit for 8 nights only cost me a little less than 500.00 per person including everything. and we had an obstructed view cabin which was nice too.
    Marilyn (Cruzmama59)

14. Ebbtide

Ebbtide Guest

We live in Ormond by the Sea. (north of Daytona) Have been doing cruises 2 times a yr. Going out of JAX for the first time on 3/29 on the MIRACLE. (90 minutes) Also booked on the CENTURY the first week in Dec. Also for us FL residents we have the bus - www.cruiseconnection.com. Hate buses but it beats the drive to Miami in Dec.(NCL-SUN)

Post Edited (03-25-04 09:08)

15. cruisingmama

cruisingmama Guest

We were both raised in Florida and moved away 15 years ago. I am very happy to say, we are in the process of moving back! We will be 30 minutes from Port Everglades in Boca Raton! Hubby is already living down there in our new home while I get the one here sold and the kids finish school. We will be the official stop for any of our friends and families cruising. I am a travel agent and hope to get a job working for one of the MANY cruiselines down there. We already have a cruise booked in November aboard the Carnival Legend out of Port Everglades. We will make arrangements to be dropped off at the port rather than paying the parking when we live so close.

I look forward to riding down to the port often just to see all the ships in port. We did it when I was down there last month and on a Sunday, there were 7!!!!

16. Hey Cruzmama....my momma lives in pembroke pines :)
    we are way west too....and about ten mins from you i think...lol
    see you on the imagination on 3/25!!!

17. Cruzmama59

Cruzmama59 Guest

itza my party,

If you know where the new Wal-Mart is on Pines Blvd...That is the area I live in...
    We are now going to have a new Super Wal-Mart here too along with the new Target Supermarket that is on Miramar Parkway....
    Our little private area that we moved in about 10 years ago is booming. It used to take me 10 min. to get to the Mall where I used to work, and now it takes 20 to 25 min...too much traffic.....
    See you soon,
    Marilyn

18. mike-suz

mike-suz Guest

We live in Spring Hill Florida exactly 40 minutes due north of the Tampa airport and 10 minutes from the Gulf of Mexico. It's a beautiful community with easy access to both Tampa and the greater Orlando areas.

19. kujobie

kujobie Guest

30 minutes from port of Tampa, born and raised in sparkling Clearwater, Florida. I wouldn't have it any other way. What a great place to live.

20. CRuzmama
    I not only know where the walmart is on pines...i've shopped there many times.
    We really are close then..