Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest! Welcome to our forums!. We are glad you joined us. If you aren't a member already, please Sign Up! Today!

Living in Florida and Cruising...

Discussion in 'Carnival Cruise Lines' started by itza my party, Mar 12, 2004.

1. Sanny

Sanny Guest

Hey for you Tampa/Clearwater cruisers, we live in Safety Harbor, we're planning a 4niter on the Sensation 4/22-4/26/04. I do think that the other side of the state offers more cruising options, but you can't beat a 4 or 5 day cruise out of Tampa. Twenty minute car ride. Plus these "little get-a-ways" help you get through the year until you can take the BIG ONE! Oh, by the way on 4/22, the more the merrier!!

2. ebbtide,
    I don't live in Florida like you lucky guys, but we live in Ga. We are going on the Century the second week of December. Great ship!! The best one we have ever been on. Hope you have a wonderful time.

3. Ken_2001

Ken_2001 Guest

AH!!!! you guys are so lucky!! Must be really nice to see all those ships in port all the time. I especially like the residents only perk! Lucky stiffs. :thumb

I'm way, way north of you guys way atop of NYC here in Rockefeller Center. I do see a nice view of the hudson river, but most of the year I see absolutely amazing things!

I see ferries, tugboats!!! barges!! WOOHOO!! <my sarcasm!> :lol

Seriously, the Norwegian Dawn has her home port here, so she leaves from here every sunday for what..a week I believe. But that's our excitement. The summer months does get active, (well, more active anyhow,) Carnival Legend lives here for the summer, We're going to see Carnival Miracle for a very short stint, but I think her home port is Port Everglades? So Carnival is going to tease us up here. :tout

But yea, you guys get too see it all! Your lucky that way.

Have a great day!

4. diverdiver

diverdiver Guest

Well, you know what they say about Florida. All the retired people live in Miami, but their parents live in St. Petersburg. (Heard this from a good friend in Pinellas County...)

5. prettygigi

prettygigi Guest

I live by FIU, I can actually walk to school (but you know I dont!)
    yeah it's great not to have to worry about air fare, if we had to, trust me I would not go on so many cruises. Also we always have a plan B (AKA "the mouse")

I was at the port of Miami two saturdays ago, Carnival had like four ships and Royal had to, plus one Norwegian... it seemed like madness!!!! The bad thing is that we were going to the beach and traffic was HELL...

For those of you not from FL, the port and the beach have completely independant bridges that take you to your destination, really there should not be any traffic, except that since the bridge to the beach is parallel to the port, drivers can see all the ships lined up and they slow down for the view... this creates MAD TRAFFIC!!!

Oh Miamians, they even slow down by the airport to see the planes take off/land... what gives?!!!!

:)

6. prettygigi

prettygigi Guest

Oops!

Almost forgot!!

See ya on the FS 04/19/04!

Gigi

7. kujobie

kujobie Guest

"Well, you know what they say about Florida. All the retired people live in Miami, but their parents live in St. Petersburg. (Heard this from a good friend in Pinellas County...)"

Funny...And true.

8. beccabt

beccabt Guest

Hi I live in Port Charlotte, just south of Sarasota where the average age is deceased

9. pnorth

pnorth Guest

Hey I want to know where yall work? I live in Sacramento California, and desperately need to move to Florida. I just got back from my first cruise and I am an addict now! I have family back east in Georgia and Louisanna. So living in Florida especially near a port would be great. I currently work for the State as an accounting analyst. You are very lucky to be able to cruise so much at great rates. I need that too..

10. diverdiver

diverdiver Guest

beccabt. Thank you so much for making me spew my coffee all over the monitor and keyboard when I read your post. Geez.

Too funny!

11. prettygigi

prettygigi Guest

good Jobs in MIAMI are tough to find! Too many people looking, too many well educated people settling for little money!

I am blessed to have a great job with an interior designer for the last three years. I started at the bottom and worked my way to the top.

Good luck!

12. Cruzmama59

Cruzmama59 Guest

beccabt

I have family in Port Charlotte, and I too lived there for a while......Too quiet for me so I moved back to Ft. Lauderdale area.
    Where abouts in Port Charlotte are you?? I lived off of Tamiami Trail.....
    Cruzmama59 (Marily

Post Edited (03-18-04 16:05)

13. FLBRATT

FLBRATT Guest

I live in New Port Richey and we will be cruising for the first time on 4/8/04 on the sensation!!!yahoooo

So yes I am learning that there a lot of quick last minutes deals that I plan ontaking advantage of :)

14. beccabt

beccabt Guest

Cruzmama59 I live on the north port end, about 3 blocks from Tamiami.You're right about it being quiet here, and even though its boring it is a nice place to raise a family. Sometimes I wish for more nightlife though.Where does your family live?

15. too funny!!!!!
    as for the folks who want to know about jobs...let me tell you...they are a tough nut down here unless you are in healthcare...which i am
    or the hospitality industry....

16. Cruzmama59

Cruzmama59 Guest

beccabt,

Do you know where Jackson's Lighting Fixture Store is in Port Charlotte?
    That is where my family is.

Cruzmama59 (Marilyn)

17. Al

Al Guest

I'm in Palm Harbor, on the Gulf of Mexico, just north of Clearwater, and less than an hour from the Port of Tampa. We're all hyped about the Carnival Miracle being homeported here, and I look forward to sailing it. The drawback is that only cruises to the western Caribbean leave from here. But Port Canaveral is only 3 hours away, and FLL can be reached by air (thank you, Southwest) for under $200 r/t for two (about the cost of a night in a nice hotel and a couple of good meals) - all of a 45-minute flight.

Far from the perception of most, this area is getting younger by the year. In fact, St. Petersburg (a few miles down the road), long known as God's Waiting Room, has just been named one of America's Most Liveable Cities (and not by AARP). Such components as schools, activities, employment, cost of living, taxes (there are still no state or local income taxes here) were all considered. With the influx of new blood, we can now refer to the area as "The Home Of The Newly Wed And The Nearly Dead."

Not having to include air and accommodations permit me to cruise more often. To quote the lifestyle-guru-turned-convicted-felon, "It's a good thing."

18. Marshall

Marshall Guest

We are in Orlando so we are close several ports. It really is great living so close that we don't have to fly. With the money saved we can cruise more often.

19. kujobie

kujobie Guest

I agree Al. This area is very liveable. Heat and traffic can be problems at times, but I love my home.

20. beccabt

beccabt Guest

cruzmama59, I think I do know where that is, if I'm thinking of the right place.