Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest! Welcome to our forums!. We are glad you joined us. If you aren't a member already, please Sign Up! Today!

Living in Florida and Cruising...

Discussion in 'Carnival Cruise Lines' started by itza my party, Mar 12, 2004.

1. I know where Jackson's Lighting Fixture Store is! Hi crusmama59, I live in Port Charlotte also. Just down the road from beccabt.

Hi beccabt [​IMG]

2. Cruzmama59

Cruzmama59 Guest

floridajourneygirl,

Jackson's Lighting has been in the same location for umpteen years.
    My nieces now run it since my brother passed away. I used to own one of the houses right in back of the store and I used to work there for a short time.
    Cruzmama59 (Marilyn)

3. ozzy

ozzy Guest

One of the best benefits of living and cruising in Florida is disembarkation. Its nice to be able to kick up your feet in a lounge chair while watching everyone scramble to get off of the boat. I remember the days when we'd have to rush to get off as well just to get to the airport and wait hours to get on a plane. For me, getting off of the ship last and being home in 20 minutes is the greatest benefit.

4. trmarshall32

trmarshall32 Guest

Hubby and I are also in Jacksonville and will be cruising on the Carnival Miracle this coming Friday, March 26th. If anyone else is going on this same date, maybe we can get together for a quick meet & greet.

5. I Agree Ozzy....as a matter of fact...we may stop at Hollywood beach broadwalk and have lunch...cold beer and clams on the half shell...mmmm...
    or sushi on the intercoastal....
    It just doesn't get any better than this...

6. Oh heavens...we leave day after tomorrow!!!
    I can't wait!!!!!!

7. so tonite...i haven't even packed yet....
    the limo is booked to take us to the port at 11am...and i will pack in the morning...
    living in south florida and cruising is the best!!!!

8. Cruzmama59

Cruzmama59 Guest

suitcases....closed and lock and ready to go....
    Pizza Bar here I come..Imagination has the best pizza out of all the other Carnival ships I went on....and their caesar salad is great too....Yummy......
    See you all soon,
    Marilyn

P.S. let's hold on to our hats....seas are rough....

9. trmarshall32

trmarshall32 Guest

I'm so excited I can hardly stand it. It's my first cruise and I can hardly contain my joy. Just one more day away and I'll be cruising on the Carnival Miracle..........

-Tiffany

10. Wishing all three of you great cruises! Remember it is your vacation so relax and enjoy yourselves. Before you know it the week will be over and your posting your reviews. Enjoy!

Post Edited (03-24-04 21:07)

11. Cruzmama59

Cruzmama59 Guest

Thanks for the good wishes Floridajourneygirl.....
    Before you know it yours will be here too...Time goes by so fast.
    Marilyn

12. i WOKEUP TO RAIN THIS MORNING...ACK!
    But now the sun is shining...florida has the oddest weather...
    Seas are rough is right...I am packing this morning and then we leave at 11am
    I sure hope the weather is nicer out at sea

13. Cruisin Gal

Cruisin Gal Guest

Oh wow! Living in Florida is the best for Cruising. I live in Satellite Beach and it only takes a few minutes to get to Port Canaveral and the best part is at the end of the cruise....off the ship and home by 9:30am!

It only takes a few hours to drive to Miami, less to Fort Lauderdale, Palm Beach and Jacksonville!

We get great rates because those of us who are retired can take last minute deals and get great accomodations on the ships.

I say, if you love cruising....move to Florida! We'd love to have you and you too can join us!

14. Denise7757

Denise7757 Guest

We live in Panama City, Florida and were originally from Miami. We will be cruising may 17 from Miami, and we will be able to visit our friends and family.

15. Belizemama

Belizemama Guest

We live in Pensacola, up in the NW corner of FL. Unfortunately, we don't have any ships homeported here but New Orleans is only 3 hours away so we go there to cruise. Leaving tomorrow for the Conquest. :) Whoo hoo!! And starting in Oct. Mobile, AL will have the Holiday sailing from there on 4 and 5 day cruises. It is only an hour away, so that will really be convenient. Maybe we will get some good last minute deals:)

16. gymbrat33

gymbrat33 Guest

I live n Miami in the Kendall area and the Port of Miami is 30-40 minutes away depending on the traffic. I was on the Victory from 3/28-4/3, and am planning a nother cruise in the summer.