Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest! Welcome to our forums!. We are glad you joined us. If you aren't a member already, please Sign Up! Today!

"long-term parking"

Discussion in 'Holland America Line' started by ckillens, Oct 18, 2007.

1. ckillens

ckillens Guest

Hello All Cruise Addicts!
    My fiance and I are leaving on our Honeymoon in 2 weeks on a 10 day Eastern Caribbean cruise on the MS Noordam out of New York. This is our very first cruise so we are really excited! Since we live in Albany we have decided to drive down. Can anyone tell us the parking situation down there. I have heard that they have long term parking available but does anyone know the price? How is the security, because I don't want to think about my cars safety while on my Honeymoon...lol! Is there a website where I can check this out or does anyone has a personal experience to share. Since I'm here I will ask another question... We are going to Grand Turks, Tortolla, St. Thomas, St. Martin, and San Juan. Can anyone recommend some can't miss restaurants at these ports of call.
    Thank you all in advance,
    Chris and Jen

2. crusin' fool

crusin' fool Guest

It is quite epensive I don't recall how much. Here is how we do it. We rent a one way rental and return it when we get there and then the agency gets us to the pier. We find it is way cheaper than trying for long term parking.

San Juan has many lovely restaurants. I can't think of the name but it is quite famous where the invented the Pina Colada they have good food.

3. Judi

Judi Guest

Chris and Jen,

This site should have all the information you need.

http://www.nycruise.com/parkNYC.html

And, Congratulations on your upcoming Wedding and Honeymoon. We fell in love with the Noordam when we sailed on her for New Year's!!!

4. ckillens

ckillens Guest

Thank you very much, that website was very helpful! If you have any other Noordam suggestions for first time cruisers they would be appreciated. Thanks again,
    Chris and Jen

5. ShipMaven

ShipMaven Guest

Judi has already replied to your question...but I'd just like to add my congratulations to your upcoming wedding, and have a wonderful honeymoon!

6. ckillens

ckillens Guest

Thank you very much! I'm not sure if we are more excited for our wedding or first our cruise...lol!
    Chris and Jen

7. rooy

rooy Guest

congratulations!! My DH and I are sailing the Noordam 10 night eastern
    carribean in December. we found out that Holland offers a service called Hometown Motorcoach (or something like that). We will catch a bus in Philadelphia at a designated pick up point (we live here) and get roundtrip trasportation through Holland for only 49.00 per person roundtrip. it's a great deal considering gas, parking fees and tolls. just thought i'd tell you about it.