With Mal's fever continuing to spike, the antibiotics are not working, so they're at the hospital waiting for Mal to be admitted. They need to get him on IV antibiotics. As of a little while ago when I spoke with Judi, his pain level had been a 2 on a scale of 1 to 10, so that's a blessing. Surgery may need to be rescheduled if the infection doesn't go away. Your prayers and good thoughts will be very much appreciated. If Judi can't post, I'll update whenever I learn more details.