Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest! Welcome to our forums!. We are glad you joined us. If you aren't a member already, please Sign Up! Today!

Mal being admitted to the Hospital

Discussion in 'The Safe Harbor' started by ShipMaven, Mar 1, 2010.

1. ShipMaven

ShipMaven Forever Remembered

With Mal's fever continuing to spike, the antibiotics are not working, so they're at the hospital waiting for Mal to be admitted. They need to get him on IV antibiotics.

As of a little while ago when I spoke with Judi, his pain level had been a 2 on a scale of 1 to 10, so that's a blessing.

Surgery may need to be rescheduled if the infection doesn't go away.

Your prayers and good thoughts will be very much appreciated. If Judi can't post, I'll update whenever I learn more details.

2. KathyC

KathyC Well-Known Member

Glad the pain level is down. You never really stop worrying, but with him in the hospital perhaps Judi can relax just a tiny bit in knowing that the professionals are now able to keep a close eye on him. Hoping for a speedy recovery.

3. The Cruiser

The Cruiser Well-Known Member

Thanks ShipMaven for the update with the Olive Man. I hope there some Olive Juice in the IV Antibiotics for Mal. Wishing Mal a speedy reovery.

4. Calgon1

Calgon1 Awaiting results of mental evaluation

You know? We kid around about Mal D. (and our other friends) when they're sick. Because A) We want to make therm feel a little better, and hope that a few laughs will help (They do)., and B) We're a little scared that an illness or injury has hit so close to home...

Bottom line? Mal, we're all pulling for you to beat this and get back to the boards and getting ready for the next cruise. We need you around big guy.

Then again, I know I can get a good price for the martini glass collection ....

5. popcorn

popcorn Well-Known Member

Good that he has gone to the hospital, now maybe he can get action & relief from the medical team. And Judy can relax a bit. Prayers are being sent.

Liz

6. Lurline63

Lurline63 Well-Known Member

Thank you, ShipMaven. I pray the IV antibiotics work quickly in sending the infection on its way. Thoughts and prayers continue from all of us.

7. Judi

Judi Well-Known Member

Thanks for posting, Sis.

He got into his room around 6:30. When we left, he was waiting for dinner.

They're starting him on an oral antibiotic tonight. The infectious disease doctor will be in tomorrow morning and prescribe what IV antibiotic he wants him on.

Colleen is insisting on staying tonight, but I'm kicking her butt out tomorrow morning! Truthfully, I don't know what we would have done without Colleen and Meghan, who went home after school tonight.

Thanks for all the prayers and good wishes, and please keep them coming.

8. Corky

Corky Well-Known Member

Shipmaven, thank you for letting us know.

Judi - our prayers go out to Mike, you, Colleen & Meghan, in hopes he is soon home recuperating. (((HUGS)))

9. Jeanie

Jeanie Well-Known Member

Maryann -- thank for keeping us updated

Judi - our prayers go out to you and your family -- Mal, get well soon

10. ShipMaven

Mal is reported to have slept well, as did Judi and Colleen.

A CT Scan is scheduled, and they're waiting for the Infectious Disease Dr. to show up.

11. Tobyn

Tobyn Well-Known Member

Sure hoping for a relatively quick resolution to this. I have spent my fair share of time in hospitals and know its not a lot of fun.

BFAM, sure hope they are able to knock out this infection and get you back to your ol' jolly self real dang soon.

HUGS!

12. Corky

Corky Well-Known Member

Thank you, Shipmaven. We continue to send good healing thoughts Mals way!

13. Karry

Karry Well-Known Member

Just found this. I hope by this time the dr. has been in to see Mal and a plan of treatment has begun. Mal, you are in my thoughts and prayers. Judi, Colleen and Meghan, take care of YOURSELVES too. Sending sunny thoughts to you all. :sunny: Mary Ann, thanks for keeping us updated.

14. earl_m

earl_m Social Host

I am hoping for the best!!!

15. Whimsy

Whimsy Well-Known Member

Just seen this and am hoping Mal is doing better. Healing thoughts on the way.

16. Colleen&Meghan

Colleen&Meghan Active Member

Great report

I am happy to report that I spoke with the patient a little while ago and he sounds worlds better than he has. Everyone's well wishes mean the world to him. Please continue to keep him in your thoughts and prayers...Meghan needs her Pop Pop back on his feet ASAP.

Thanks all!

17. Calgon1

Calgon1 Awaiting results of mental evaluation

Thanks for the update. He's firmly in our prayers. As are you ladies and your Mom.

18. ShipMaven

:doubleup: Colleen - many thanks for the update. Let's pray that PopPop continues to improve. :doubleup:

19. GloBug

GloBug Senior Flea Coller Tester

Oh my gosh, I just saw this. I had no idea things were heating up for Mal! Do what the good doc tells you to, and when you get out, sing a love song to all the three devoted women in your life.

20. JOHN(NJ)

JOHN(NJ) Well-Known Member

Thoughts and prayers for a speedy recovery....... John and Thumbs:doubleup: