Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest! Welcome to our forums!. We are glad you joined us. If you aren't a member already, please Sign Up! Today!

Maw's not going to make the grand!

Discussion in 'Community Message Board' started by DAW, Feb 26, 2011.

1. popcorn

popcorn Well-Known Member

I am so sorry to read this news! Hope the surgery goes well & then she gets on the path to recovery & plans for the next cruise on her bucket list.

Liz

2. Donna - dsw

Donna - dsw Well-Known Member

So sorry to hear this - it just breaks my heart. Hope the surgery goes well. I will keep you all in my thoughts and prayers. I know she was so looking forward to this trip.

3. Jeanie

Jeanie Well-Known Member

I am so sorry to hear this, what a disappointment for both Maw & Paw. Praying that the surgery goes well -- I feel so bad for them

4. Geekette

Geekette Well-Known Member

I am so sorry to hear this. What a disapointment for Maw and Paw. Best wishes for a speedy recovery

5. tango55

tango55 Well-Known Member

That is so sad - she was being so careful!! Hopefully she recovers quickly!! Please tell her we're all feeling so bad for her and hope surgery goes well!

Terry

6. Funnel

Funnel Sweden Unleased - Special Contributor

I'm so sorry to hear this!
    Let's hope for a speedy recovery so Maw and Paw can start planning for the October C@ cruise.

/Erik

7. JacquieP

JacquieP Well-Known Member

Oh no, what a horrible thing to happen! I am so very sorry to hear about Maw's fall because she had been so very careful and trying to do everything right so they could cruise. My heart aches for her and Paw. Please let her know our thoughts and prayers are with her. A card is on the way.

8. BarbaraK

BarbaraK Well-Known Member

Awwwww no! :(
    Hugs to Maw and best wishes for a speedy recovery!

9. Mgram

Mgram Well-Known Member

Oh how HORRIBLE! I know she must be devastated to miss this cruise. This is 2 people with last minute serious injuries in 2 weeks. @ddicts......let's be more careful.....I think we might have so much on our minds when readying to leave for our cruises that we tend to be a little distracted. I've been know to take a tumble or two ON a trip.....there are so many distractions. Keeping Marilyn in my thoughts........hope her surgery goes well and she heals well. The ankle is always tough to heal......and a 2nd break in the same spot must be even worse. Hugs Maw!

10. John

John I'm on Island Time Staff Member

Hi, I'm so so sad for Maw and Paw to hear this. I wish Maw a speedy recovery.

11. bostongal

bostongal Well-Known Member

How awful for Maw & Paw. I am sending all my love & prayers that Maw's surgery goes well. Please give her a big hug from me - I know she must be very disappointed!

Meg

12. BSeabob

BSeabob Reinststed due to good behavior-Subject to change Staff Member

Nutz !! Thinking about you Maw ..

13. bob

bob Chief Engineer Staff Member

This goes beyond bummer.........................

14. earl_m

earl_m Social Host

I am so sorry to hear about MAW. I wish Her speed recovery!

15. DAW

DAW Well-Known Member

They have postpond the surgery to sometime mid morning tomorrow. She sounds really bummed, which I would too!! Says her ankle is uncomfortable, but otherwise she's ok. Paw was headed home to collect her Kindle and a few things, he also had turn the heat down to 50, so gonna turn up the thermostat.

16. seamom

seamom Well-Known Member

So.... now the vacation medical insurance company will have to decide if she was enroute to her vacation, is she covered by that extra insurance??? Hope so...and all the trimmings so she can get on the next cruise.

17. Calgon1

Calgon1 Awaiting results of mental evaluation

Just got up from my sleepcycle (wurkin the midnight shift. What horrible news to wake up to!

Missing the cruise is unfortunate, but not the most important thing. Maw's rehab and recovery have to be the primary concern. Indeed a second berak in the same location does not bode well. Hoping the orthos can get her repaired and back to normal.

18. audrey

audrey Well-Known Member

I am so very sorry to hear the news about maw and paw. If she has to stay in hospital please post address so we can send cards

19. KathyC

KathyC Well-Known Member

I am so very sorry to hear this. After being so careful about not making any trips away from home that weren't necessary so she wouldn't have a chance of falling before the cruise then have this happen is just awful. Both have been so excited about this trip for weeks now. What a disappointment. I hope all goes well with the surgery & that everything goes smoothly with her recovery--no complications needed! I want to cry for both of them. The important thing now is that she heals so she can once again sail the deep blue seas.

20. Corky

Corky Well-Known Member

Poor Maw!! I've been upstairs working all day and I've just now read this sad news. Daw - please tell Maw that Den & I are thinking of her and Paw and that we send our very best and lots of (((HUGS))).