Maw's Office Ramble

G

Gayle V

HI all,

Gram, Watch out for Paw. Might be wise to have him see a doc about those stings. If he's getting large areas of swelling from those stings, he may be developing an allergy, even if he was never allergic before. The danger will come with future stings, because the reaction gets worse with each episode.

My goodness, everyone sounds so busy. Not much action for me, as I've been trapped in my house for days, due to construction work on a new patio in the back yard. We, very specifically told them to either leave me room to get the car out of my drive, or to let me move it to the street before they started work.

So woke up the other day to the sound of a several trunks, one in my drive, dropping their loads of gravel and sand, followed by another truck setting two pallets of bricks at the end of the drive. So much for my going anywhere. Thank goodness hubby's truck was already in the street.

I probably wouldn't have gone out anyway, as I've been dealing with a nasty cold/cough for days, and just can't shake it.. I would be planning a visit to the doctor by now, except for what I said about the car.

Oh well, l'm looking at the good side, it has meant a whole lot of free time to spend here on the board. Gotta like that.

N

nieciez

Good afternoon Maw and gang......things slipped by me and I forgot to report here to the office.

Still busy here at work with my Contracting Officer aboard. I am off tomorrow for the Dr appointment so I have lots to clear off the desk. I am feeling much better this morning. The pain is mostly gone, just a nagging twinge in the side....hope it stays that way. Just finished lunch so I hope it doesn't come back in an hour. I did stick to a nice salad with vinegarette dressing.

Hope you all have a good day.

R

red stripe

I would love to comment on all the posts.. but I am supposed to be out of here in 10 mins..
Maw, I am not walking this time :lol

But I have to address Cutes.....
OK, this duct tape thing.. I am not kidding.. I am honestly confused here..and one day someone is going to have to demo this for me.

if you are not wearing a bra, then you use duct tape right?

OK, so how does that help? for instance.. if your boobs are down to your waist..and the nipples are facing South.. how does the duct tape help?

I mean.. to actually pull them up it would have to be anchored to something.. Attaching it to the hair under your armpits is just not going to do the trick..

and a bloody great piece of Grey duct tape going around your neck is going to get noticed......
so please 'splain this to me.....

in the meantime I will stick ..oops! :lol...... to the "petals"

I sure hope that by the time I get back someone will have cleared this up for me for once and for all

D

defritz

I don't have an answer for you, Red but I have the most hilarious picture in my mind....

DH and I on a cruise and it's formal night. I've used duct tape, per CC's advice, because I hate strapless bra's. After dinner, we go to a bar and have a few glasses of wine and go dancing. On our way back to the cabin, we're feeling a bit :naughty and walk in the room... dress drops to the floor.... RIIIIIIIP! goes the duct tape....

Makes for some good foreplay, I'm sure! :lol

G

GloBug

LOL! Maw's Ramble really turned into something else, didn't it? Yeah, CC, we want pics!!! And do you use clear duct tape???

C

Cruise cutie

actually grey is fine, and if you do what I explain, it merely whispers off..so NO it DOES not hurt, and it works so terrific AND it's more economical....:grin...Joanne

T

TinaLee

I can't wait to get your PM Joanne because I cannot for the life of me imagine how THESE are going to do THAT! LOLOL!!

S

seamom

Hmmm....Saran Wrap sounds less painful AND seethru...:lol

(edited for defritz....................................and Saran Wrap will seal in the "fresh"ness much better too....:lo)

M

maw

Okay CC you have to send Maw pictures to explain all this/ I thought this all was thepurpose of having a ramble Glo-time to educate the old lady.

C

Cruise cutie

PICTURES.........=eek, NOT me... I'll explain it Maw, But I am not doing modeling..:grin..hahahha..just typing it,copy and paste to send info is as FAR as I'll go....=lolgang..:)..Joanne

D

defritz

CC... =eek OH MY!! Just got the PM. Holy Smokes!! I don't think I'd be able to stop laughing long enough to do this! :lol

R

red stripe

OK.. the instructions that were sent to me.....only the names have been removed.. to protect the sticky characters :lol
my notes and additions in red :))

and I am still lost! I vote that we take cutes to Marlee's cabin and give her a couple of Long Island Teas..... then when she and whomever is going to be the Guinea pig is mellow.. .... :lol they give us a demo.. no cameras allowed please :grin

===============================================================

first of all you have to remember when you do this if it is a low cut front halter, V neck or backless..where your lines of material end..so try the dress ON first..get a mental landmark of where the material ends..then determine where your halter fits.. <font color = red> a magic marker will also do the trick</font>...it DOES take 2 people...I have DH to help..I said Help...... not hinder.....but if Momma or Sis or Hubby is around..that's the help..it only takes a few minutes to DO...

First approximate where under your arm pits the seam is..then get strips of tape pre cut in lengths that go across arm pit to armpit with your breast firmly UP where you want them....release your breasts..so the tape is in the length needed to keep your chest UP firmly but comfortable as the result does make you spill UP and OUT..like a really expensive bra..... <font color = red> Ok already I am lost.. maw.. you too? the part of me that sticks out is lower than the very top of my armpit.. so do I yank the poor perishers up and over? that sounds real painful :) </font>

then starting at the bottom of your breasts and working UPward.start at the edge/armpit area...and go across to the other side......apply strips across your chest and have them overlap a 1/3 to at most a 1/2 .each strip up, up up..till about a 1/2 strip below the material seam...so that bending or reaching in a natural motion does NOT expose the tape......then just continue building upwards....the best result is a practice session AT home with your dress...... <font color = red> lets see if I understand this..... I am actually taping EVERYTHING? I kinda thought that you made a sling for them.. or a hammock :grin </font>

Now the trick to get it off..take some talc/ baby powder, and when taking it off..sprinkle a dab across the tape underlings and it will spring free...and not hurt... I have had 6 other @ddicst ask how...and it worked easily and on 2 they were REALLY buxom too...hope this helps....

also a deep V-neck is done left and right side separate but xxxxx had a deep V backless, and she said it worked great for her.......

T

TinaLee

red wrote:

"so do I yank the poor perishers up and over? that sounds real painful"

:lol :lol

Oh goodness!!! I'm as lost as the rest!

A

alaskanpeach

I have read the instructions and I for one have been known to visualize very well cannot visualize this being done so I would have to see =photo of this being done. =rofl

or go on the MOS@IC CRUISE.

R

red stripe

yep.. I think the members of the "Duct Tape Six" will have to give a demo :lol

some of Marlees Long Island tea should smooth the way :grin