• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

May7th Voyager of the seas

M

mlzangel78

Has anyone recently been on this ship, that can tell me the what not to miss features, also is anyone else going on this cruise?

K

Ken_2001

boxer is right. It's one of these things NOT to be missed. There will be two parades on the Royal Promenade. A sail away, and a Mardi Gras. Do not miss these either.

S

serene56

The Parades are nice but very very crowded. You can see them from your tv.
http://joephila.net/cruise/
The ice show is not to be missed. Ya wonder how they do the acts on such a small piece of ice.
Hopefully they still have quest- its a show that you just have to see- dont ask questions. I am glad I didnt know about it before I went and it was hilarious. If you see any information on the Quest--do NOT read it as it does spoil for a first time. Play at least one round of mini golf-

Pizza on the Voyager is not up to par with the Carnival ships. But on the Promanade deck is a cafe that has wonderful little sandwhiches and desserts. Thier gala buffet looked wonderful = all that choc covered fruit was awesome.

Johnny ROckets-- but I think there is now a charge- the milkshakes are great.. very rich and thick.

M

mlzangel78

Great i cant wait, im leaving tomm for my carnival cruise and then it 5 more months of going nuts for my may cruise... atleast my PCD will be short lived

B

BroWhite

I just posted a review of our trip on the Voyager last week. Hope it gives you a little insight! Enjoy your cruise!!!!

K

Ken_2001

Yes, thank you for reminding me about something serene56.. Melissa..there are balconies that are near the elevator banks. They are smallish, they can hold about 5 or 6 people. From here, you will get a birds eye view of the entire parade.

I don't particulary recommend standing on the parade route, Just your luck, you'll get someone who is 6 foot 5 and has had too much gasoline to drink.

Serene56.. Have you been getting my private messages? There should be two sitting there from me.

N

navigator33128

i went on the navigator it is the same ship u will have the best fun better than any cruiseline

M

Mbandy

For sail-away...walk all the way foreward on the outside of deck 4. You'll come to a stairway that goes up to deck 5. Go up the stairs and continue foreward and you'll be on the foredeck (helipad) Great place to go for sail away.

Have fun :thumb

Michael =sailor

P

peteandchell

My GF and I will be going on the cruise with you. We are so excited i cant wait. This is my 2nd cruise, i went on Princess for a cruise of Alaska in 02, but this will be my GF's 1st she is VERY excited. We are both 23 yrs old and live in NJ, we will be going to Miami on the 5th to enjoy some of the sites there before the cruise.

M

mlzangel78

We live in Nj as well i am 26 and my best friend going with me is 34 please keep in touch it would be great to meet on board we are in cabin 8606 :)

Where in NJ we live in Galloway

M

MILEMRKR63

6 OF US FROM SOUTH JERSEY SAILING THIS CRUISE ALSO. iI AM IN HARVEY CEDARS ON LBI AND MY FRIENDS LIVE IN ABSECON.

SAILED THE EXPLORER ON 12/5/04 AND IT WAS POSSIBLY THE BEST CRUISE WE HAVE SAILED ON. WE ARE VERY EXCITED TO GO.

M

mlzangel78

i cant wait either id like to try to arrange a meeting place for the sail away cocktails, theres a huge thread over on another board , but my firth home is cruise addicts, so lets try to put something together

P

peteandchell

We have quite a South Jersey showing on this cruise...lol We will definately have to get together and have a drink when we arrive.

M

MILEMRKR63

When is everyone arriving in Miami? The 6 of us are flying from Atlantic City to Ft Lauderdale on Spirit air then limoing it up to Miami on 5/6/05. We are staying at the JW Marriott on Brickell Blvd for the night. We plan on getting our buzz on at the Bayside Market Place after sunning it up by the hotels pool then heading to Crobar in South beach to get our drink and dance on.

As I stated in a previous post, 3 of the 6 of us just sailed on the Explorer of the Seas on 12/5/04 and loved the ship. HUGE is an understatement. We have 3 newbee cruisers sailing that have been living vicariously through my many cruises (28 so far) and are excited to experience it for themselves first hand. We have 3 promenade cabins booked on deck 7 (i think). After this cruise returns, I will be sailing solo on 6/6/05 on Carnival from NYC for 8 nights. A few of us from this sailing are again cruising in August to Western Carribean to celebrate my friends birthday.

We can't wait.

Don

K

Karry

We went on VOS in October during the World Series. Our beloved Yankees weren't playing, DRAT!! But the Sports Bar is great. Also the Pig and Whistle right across the promenade. Ice show is not to be missed. Get your tix as soon as you get on the ship. They also have an observation window into the bridge up on the ll th deck, I think it is. It's really cool to look in there. Also, there is a restaurant/bar, can't remember the name of it. It's next to the golf bar. You sit at tables in front of a big window and get a panoramic view of the whole ship and ocean. It is just awesome. It's on the deck above the pool deck. You can see the big slanted windows if you look up. Have a great time. This was our lst cruise on RCL and we just loved VOS.

M

mlzangel78

we are flying out the day of, so i guess well meet milemrk at the ship :)

i cant wait to get on the ship.... i know it will be here before we know it ....

how is everyone doing at not going insane waiting for thi s??

P

peteandchell

I am actually doing rather well for now...lol I have school to worry about until May 4th. I am planning on leaving for Miami either the 4th or the 5th to enjoy Florida since i have never been, would love to leave for Miami on the 4th right after my last class would be a great stress reliever...lol.

What is the earliest time you can check in to get on the ship on the day of departure? And how long before should i get to the dock so that i do not have to wait in line, I would rather be at the front of the line than the back.

M

mlzangel78

we have gotten on the ship as early as 11:30 but other will say that the lines are very long that early in the morning