• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Mendenhall Blue Glacier Express

C

cathiej

We have booked most of our shore excursions in Alaska through our cruise line, Princess. But, recently I have been looking around the internet and it seems that many say that you can avoid the expensive tour to the Mendenhall Glacier (45.00 pp) and just catch the bus that is near the piers (Mendenhall Glacier Express- blue buses). Most review say the service is good and frequent, the cost is cheap (about 6.00 round trip) and you can stay at the Glacier as long as you want and catch the bus back to the pier. Has anyone travelled to Mendenhall Glacier via these buses rather than taking the tour offered by the cruise line? Was it good service and could you stay as long as you wanted at the Glacier. Your thoughts please!

B

BSeabob

haven't done it myself but those tours are/have always been there right on the dock every time we have been there. They must be OK

Y

Yukon

The MGT (blue) buses are the way to go - just buy your ticket right at the dock and save lots of money. Some drivers are extremely good (in a tour-guide way) and some aren't, but I've always had a good one in at least one direction.

Murray

C

cathiej

Thanks! I have just cancelled my 45.00 bus excursion with Princess and am going to try the Mendenhall Glacier Express. Saves lots of $$$ that I can use for my Mt. Roberts Tram tickets.