Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest! Welcome to our forums!. We are glad you joined us. If you aren't a member already, please Sign Up! Today!

Monarch of the seas

Discussion in 'Royal Caribbean International' started by jaminjackie, Jan 25, 2010.

1. jaminjackie

jaminjackie Active Member

Can anyone tell me about the ship? Good,bad indifferent?

2. Jeanie

Jeanie Well-Known Member

We sail on the Monarch September 2009. It was an excellent four-day cruise. Had fantastic food and service and the ship was in good condition, Being an older ship, the cabins are small.
    :doubleup:

3. BarbaraK

BarbaraK Well-Known Member

We took a 4 day cruise quite a few years ago on the MOS with some friends who had never cruised before and wanted to see if they would like it. :doubleup:
    We had a great 4 day trip and now our friends are cruise addicts, we cruise together all the time. :smile:

4. Cruizer

Cruizer Well-Known Member

5. tmoore4075

tmoore4075 Active Member

I was on Majesty, it's sister ship, so I can tell you just general ship stuff. I have to second Jeanie's comment about the rooms being small but when the ship(s) was built rooms were less important. Also if you've been on the newer ships, the layout will be a little weird. You can tell they've gotten better with the feng shui of the ships over the years.

6. Cruizer

Just because they forgot to install deck six aft of the forward elevators is no reason to all the layout a little weird. :biggrin: :kook:

7. MisterD21

MisterD21 If you take me serious, it's your problem

LOL... wait, you mean deck six is only a half deck??? LMAO!!! that's funny....

8. Jeanie

Jeanie Well-Known Member

It is a strange layout :cheer:

9. Cruizer

Deck six goes from the bow to the forward elevators - and that is were deck six ends.

[​IMG]

10. George C

George C Well-Known Member

Took it almost 20 years ago and had one of the smallest cabins I ever had in my 52 sailing

11. Mbandy

Mbandy Well-Known Member

Yes, the Sovereign class ships do have tiny cabins.

12. Cruizer

That was a cabin? I thought my closet had a porthole ...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. tmoore4075

tmoore4075 Active Member

They are small cabins. Thankfully it was a short cruise. Couldn't handle a 7 nighter in one of those.