Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest! Welcome to our forums!. We are glad you joined us. If you aren't a member already, please Sign Up! Today!

More Prayers please - different request

Discussion in 'The Safe Harbor' started by ShipMaven, Jan 27, 2009.

1. ShipMaven

ShipMaven Guest

The 10 year old Granddaughter of a good friend has been complaining of bad headaches and now is experiencing double vision. She's being given an MRI or CT Scan (her Grandmother can't remember which) tomorrow, Wednesday morning, at the All Children's hospital in Tampa. Please pray that there isn't a tumor lurking there.

Thank you. I know that the prayers of @ddicts help.

Mary Ann

2. popcorn

popcorn Guest

I am glad that they are checking on what may be wrong. I wish them the best of luck for a quick recovery.

Liz

3. mrsrocster

mrsrocster Guest

Prayers on the way Mary Ann! She's in one of the very best hospitals here for kids so whatever is going on, they'll figure it out quickly!

Michelle

4. Lisa63

Lisa63 Guest

My prayers are assuredly on the way. I experienced similar symptoms about 10 years ago, and it turned out to be migraine-related. I will pray for the same, or something less severe, for this young girl.

5. Whimsy

Whimsy Guest

Prayers on that way that it will be something minor.

6. ShipMaven

ShipMaven Guest

Thank you, all. Your prayers are most appreciated.

Michelle and Lisa - your comments are very reassuring.

Mary Ann

7. Corky

Corky Guest

Shipmaven - I send the best of wishes to your young friend. So young to have to experience such pain. I am sure it is only a migraine...and will keep that positive thought going her way! :daisy

8. JANPEP

JANPEP Guest

So sorry to hear your friends little grandaughter isn't feeling well, I hope they get to the bottom of it soon.
    Prayers & good thoughts are on the way from MN.

9. kpopperwell

kpopperwell Guest

Sending prayers for this young lady.

10. GloBug

GloBug Guest

Prayers winging their way to this little angel.

11. ShipMaven

ShipMaven Guest

Thank you for your prayers and good wishes. It's far too early this morning our time to hear anything (the Grandmother lives in Tucson, her Daughter and Grandchild, in Florida), but I'll post as soon as there is news.

Mary Ann

12. reggae

reggae Guest

Mary Ann, best wishes and prayers for this little girl....

But I wanted to add, that it may be Migraine related as said above. When my nephew was young, he would complain about pain in his eye. It was very bad, and debilitating. (He would get them so bad that he would sleep in the closet where there was total darkness).

My sister took him from eye dr. to eye dr., but his eyes checked out okay. Finally, a pediatrician diagnosed the migraines, saying that many children describe the migraine pain as "eye pain" or vision problems. Today he is in his 20's and still has the migraines, but thankfully there are many good meds out there now for it.

13. MARIPOSA

MARIPOSA Guest

Mary Ann, migraines run in my immediate family. Both my girls and I have had exema on our hands since childhood and my research showed this is one of the earliest symptoms of problems in the nervous system, which is the same system that our migraines are associated with. I remember that one of Hucc's earliest complaints before his brain tumor was diagnosed was seizures, which Senator Kennedy also suffers from, so the doctors should have several clues in addition to the testing they are doing.

Try to stay calm while waiting for that phone call. Glad your friend has you there as an awesome support system.

Hugs, Mari

14. KathyC

KathyC Guest

Going thru these tests as an adult is difficult & scary; we are wishing the very best for this little girl.

15. JacquieP

JacquieP Guest

Lots of prayers and good thoughts are on the way.

16. H2O babe

H2O babe Guest

I will add this young lady to my prayer list.

K.

17. ShipMaven

ShipMaven Guest

Thank ALL of you again for your prayers, comments and words of wisdom. Little Katie had her test today - her Granny doesn't know if it was an MRI or CT Scan - but the child freaked out with the needle in her arm. She's terrified of needles. Somehow, she managed to have her test and was able to go to school in the afternoon. Once I know the results, I'll share.

18. GloBug

GloBug Guest

Poor Katie. Prayers the tests turn out ok. She certainly had a lot to talk about when she went back to school!

When DD was little she was terrified of shots and needles. When she was 7 or so, she had to have a thyroid test, which meant they had to draw blood. I paid out of pocket for a kit that numbs the skin (they use it for skin transplants) so she could get her shot. When they went to put the needle in, she wanted to watch. DH told her to look away, I told her to go ahead and watch, and she did. She was never afraid of needles again, and in fact when she was old enough, she started blood donations on a regular basis. But she gets dizzy and passes out each time, so after 4 years, the Red Cross told her NO MORE!

19. ShipMaven

ShipMaven Guest

Glo - I do remember your DD having problems donating blood. :(

20. GloBug

GloBug Guest

yeah, she tried again recently. She took her boyfriend with her this time, and he caught her as she passed out in the parking lot. He took her back into the donation center, and they had her lay down for 30 minutes. When she was done, they told her to think about not donating again, but she really likes the whole idea of helping to save a life. Probably part of the nursing thing she wants to go into.