Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest! Welcome to our forums!. We are glad you joined us. If you aren't a member already, please Sign Up! Today!

more questions about Maasdam

Discussion in 'Holland America Line' started by red stripe, Sep 9, 2004.

1. sail7seas

sail7seas Guest

Very often Dutch Night is the same night as the deck barbeque. So, you have the choice of going up on deck for steaks/chicken/fish/ribs on deck.....or going to the dining room. Or, Pinnacle if you wish.

2. red stripe

red stripe Guest

Elegant casual I know..

but am wondering what is the difference between "semi formal" and "informal"??

You see.. to me Formal is gowns (guys only :lol) semi formal is cocktail dress or something like it.. informal to me means about what is called here as elegantly casual :grin

sorry.. I guess I am stuck in my old fashioned ways :lol so expect I will be a tad over dressed on some nights .. :grin

3. sail7seas

sail7seas Guest

HAL has three suggested dress categories:

Formal....we all know what that is.

Informal......Jackets for the gents; tie optional is how HAL describes it. I often wear dressy pant suits/long skirts with nice tops or cocktail dresses.

Casual......country club casual. No jeans; no t shirts.....I often wear a silk pant suit; silk tank tops with shirt jackets/nice pants.

4. JOHN(NJ)

JOHN(NJ) Guest

No wonder it takes so long to pack................

5. red stripe

red stripe Guest

sails...informal..."cocktail dresses. " yep.. same here...

"Casual......country club casual. No jeans; no t shirts.....I often wear a silk pant suit; silk tank " ... yep... same here. great! then I am OK to go, and I guess that fortunately things have not changed too much :lol

John.. packing for dinner not a problem. I have a closet allocated to "dress up" clothes.. I have more of a problem with the casual stuff. lol for a long time I did not own much in the way of casual :grin
    But fortunately on a cruise ship it pretty much comes down to a couple of swim suits and some cover-ups :grin

Now shoes... that is another matter.......
    see you...........shortly :grin

6. JOHN(NJ)

JOHN(NJ) Guest

You'll know I'm at the dock when the Atlas Moving Line truck backs up with dw's trunks.

7. red stripe

red stripe Guest

John, A woman after my own heart :lol
    I can scale down and colour coordinate when we have to fly... but driving? that is open season on suitcases.. :grin

I guess that you and Einstein are booked into the spa for a massage on the first night? :lol

8. sail7seas

sail7seas Guest

Sorry......spa is closed at night. No evening massages. :(

9. red stripe

red stripe Guest

no problem Sails.. I can beat them up with my gong :grin

They are bound to be good for something.. the gongs I mean... and 'tenderizing" should fit the bill :lol