• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

more questions about Maasdam

S

sail7seas

Very often Dutch Night is the same night as the deck barbeque. So, you have the choice of going up on deck for steaks/chicken/fish/ribs on deck.....or going to the dining room. Or, Pinnacle if you wish.

R

red stripe

Elegant casual I know..

but am wondering what is the difference between "semi formal" and "informal"??

You see.. to me Formal is gowns (guys only :lol) semi formal is cocktail dress or something like it.. informal to me means about what is called here as elegantly casual :grin

sorry.. I guess I am stuck in my old fashioned ways :lol so expect I will be a tad over dressed on some nights .. :grin

S

sail7seas

HAL has three suggested dress categories:

Formal....we all know what that is.

Informal......Jackets for the gents; tie optional is how HAL describes it. I often wear dressy pant suits/long skirts with nice tops or cocktail dresses.

Casual......country club casual. No jeans; no t shirts.....I often wear a silk pant suit; silk tank tops with shirt jackets/nice pants.

R

red stripe

sails...informal..."cocktail dresses. " yep.. same here...

"Casual......country club casual. No jeans; no t shirts.....I often wear a silk pant suit; silk tank " ... yep... same here. great! then I am OK to go, and I guess that fortunately things have not changed too much :lol

John.. packing for dinner not a problem. I have a closet allocated to "dress up" clothes.. I have more of a problem with the casual stuff. lol for a long time I did not own much in the way of casual :grin
But fortunately on a cruise ship it pretty much comes down to a couple of swim suits and some cover-ups :grin

Now shoes... that is another matter.......
see you...........shortly :grin

R

red stripe

John, A woman after my own heart :lol
I can scale down and colour coordinate when we have to fly... but driving? that is open season on suitcases.. :grin

I guess that you and Einstein are booked into the spa for a massage on the first night? :lol

R

red stripe

no problem Sails.. I can beat them up with my gong :grin

They are bound to be good for something.. the gongs I mean... and 'tenderizing" should fit the bill :lol