Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest! Welcome to our forums!. We are glad you joined us. If you aren't a member already, please Sign Up! Today!

My in-law's lilies... an update

Discussion in 'The Safe Harbor' started by Lisa63, Jul 12, 2008.

1. Lisa63

Lisa63 Guest

As this falls under the broad topic of Memorials, I thought this was the best place to add this thread. John, please go ahead and move it if necessary.

A little more than a week ago, I posted about my in-law's lilies that bloom every year around the time of their anniversary. The story is in a thread located here. Long story short, my in-laws passed a couple of years ago, yet lilies they gave us 10 years ago continue to bloom... normally coming in white, but blooming pink the first summer after my MIL passed. This year's batch came in white... or so we thought.We noticed a new one had bloomed yesterday... and it came in a very dark pink... almost red.

I have no idea what it means...maybe this does, in fact, symbolize their enduring love. They would have been married 60 years as of last Friday. We still have one more pot remaining that has several buds... it will be interesting to see their colors once they open.

I'll post a photo when we can. The camera batteries are recharging... figures.

2. suer182

suer182 Guest

Regardless of what it means, enjoy the beauty and the memory......

hugs

(no tomatoes for you :) )

3. Mbandy

Mbandy Guest

That was a touching story Lisa. We'd love to see the photos.

4. ShipMaven

ShipMaven Guest

A very touching story indeed, Lisa.

Please DO let us know what color(s) the buds turn out to be, and take photos.

5. debowah

debowah Guest

Lisa... this is truly an ongoing celebration of the love they had for each other. I too would love to see photos, thanks for keeping us updated.

6. Mgram

Mgram Guest

A wonderful story Lisa.......looking forward to seeing the photos.

7. Cruise cutie

Cruise cutie Guest

=love..thanks for the share..I'd love to see the photos too..:)..Joanne

8. SandyBeach

SandyBeach Guest

What a wonderful remembrance! Please let us know what color the others are...and of course I'd love to see pictures, too!

9. maw

maw Guest

Lisa that is such a special story thank you for sharing will look forward to hearing more and seeing pictures.

10. jk

jk Guest

What a beautiful and touching story Lisa. Thanks so much for sharing with us. Please keep us update on the blooms and I will be looking forward to see the pics!

11. bostongal

bostongal Guest

Lisa - It's great that you have shared the story with all of us. Enjoy your lilies blooming and the memory of your in-laws - by remembering and talking about them you keep them alive with you.

Meg

12. Lisa63

Lisa63 Guest

Thank you all, again. Pot #2 has started to bloom, and they are white.

I promise photos... I just haven't gotten around to it between work, a cross-country business trip, and now living in a construction zone.

It is nice to have this remembrance... and to share it with all of you.